Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2019, 01:11 PM

22,950 posts, read 28,354,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
This is truly is one of the greatest covers of all time.

Old 07-07-2019, 02:52 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,968,137 times
Quote:
I didn't see that coming. That's all it takes for me to be there.

https://twitter.com/TheWrap/status/1144032509765644288
I'm fine with Angie being on board myself.

Old 07-07-2019, 03:27 PM

8,609 posts, read 5,638,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Hahaha. Surfer's body totally gives it away.

Old 07-08-2019, 05:54 PM

512 posts, read 323,109 times
Quote:
I didn't see that coming. That's all it takes for me to be there.

https://twitter.com/TheWrap/status/1144032509765644288
I have to say that this is truly shocking to me: knowing how Hollywood has always been in terms of what it considers "sexy" as far as women go, I am shocked that The Eternals two leading ladies are going to be women over forty. Granted, two extremely attractive women over forty, but over forty nonetheless. Superhero films always tend to go for women in their late twenties to play superheroines, but this is awesome. I suppose that Angelina and Salma are playing Sersi and Thena, right?

Old 07-09-2019, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oramasfella View Post
I have to say that this is truly shocking to me: knowing how Hollywood has always been in terms of what it considers "sexy" as far as women go, I am shocked that The Eternals two leading ladies are going to be women over forty. Granted, two extremely attractive women over forty, but over forty nonetheless. Superhero films always tend to go for women in their late twenties to play superheroines, but this is awesome. I suppose that Angelina and Salma are playing Sersi and Thena, right?
Just in case you forgot, Wonder Woman featured two over-forty women in pivotal roles: Connie Nielsen and Robin Wright. Both are now 54 and 53, respectively.

Old 07-10-2019, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Just in case you forgot, Wonder Woman featured two over-forty women in pivotal roles: Connie Nielsen and Robin Wright. Both are now 54 and 53, respectively.
I definitely know, being that Wonder Woman is one of my all-time favorite films. However, as important as Hyppolita and Antiope were in the film, I was talking about the main superhero character. Rarely does a superhero film feature a superheroine older than late twenties/early thirties. Rarely I said? Actually, never. Unless I am forgetting something. For this reason, I feel that The Eternals is going to be a rare and wonderful treat.

Old 07-10-2019, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Definitely the definitive Batman artist of my childhood. As an adult, I prefer some of the darker art. I can't bring myself to like a blue Batman now. But when I was a kid ... yeah, definitely. Batman looked the way Aparo drew him. I loved the way Aparo drew Joker too.
Me too!!!!!!!
When I think of Batman, I think of Jim Aparo and Mike de Carlo.
When I think of Wonder Woman, I think of Ross Andru and Dick Giordano.
When I think of Superman, I think of Curt Swan and George Klein.
To me, those are the definitive Trinity artists, although I am well aware that some people will completely disagree.

Old 07-10-2019, 09:19 AM

Quote:
I definitely know, being that Wonder Woman is one of my all-time favorite films. However, as important as Hyppolita and Antiope were in the film, I was talking about the main superhero character. Rarely does a superhero film feature a superheroine older than late twenties/early thirties. Rarely I said? Actually, never. Unless I am forgetting something. For this reason, I feel that The Eternals is going to be a rare and wonderful treat.
The Eternals will be an ensemble film, more so than the GOTG.

Old 07-10-2019, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Me too!!!!!!!
When I think of Batman, I think of Jim Aparo and Mike de Carlo.
When I think of Wonder Woman, I think of Ross Andru and Dick Giordano.
When I think of Superman, I think of Curt Swan and George Klein.
To me, those are the definitive Trinity artists, although I am well aware that some people will completely disagree.
Batman: Jim Aparo
Spectre: Jim Aparo
Wonder Woman: George Pérez
New Teen Titans: George Pérez
Swamp Thing: Bernie Wrightson
Superman: Gil Kane
Atom: Gil Kane
Sgt. Rock: Joe Kubert
Green Lantern: Liam Sharpe (you guys won't recognize this name)
All-Star Squadron: Jerry Ordway
New Gods: Jack Kirby
Captain America: Mike Zeck (don't even try to argue this one!)
Thor: Walt Simonson (ditto!)
Iron Man: Bob Layton (double ditto!)
Daredevil: Frank Miller (triple ditto!)
Black Widow: George Pérez
Dracula: Gene Colan
Conan: John Buscema
Silver Surfer: John Buscema
Fantastic Four: John Byrne
Doctor Strange: Frank Brunner
Spider-Man: John Romita
Eternals: Jack Kirby

Those guys drew many other characters, but I associate their styles with these the most.

Old 07-10-2019, 09:59 AM

22,950 posts, read 28,354,814 times
Quote:
Silver Surfer: John Buscema
Fantastic Four: John Byrne
I like Byrne's FF art. I prefer Buscema's BY FAR. Buscema is Marvel Comics in my brain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies