Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2019, 10:10 AM

8,609 posts, read 5,630,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Again: I really don't care. I could post more videos "proving" the pending takeover of the world economy by Reptiloids from the Hollow Earth, all with "eyewitnesses." Just because "confirmed reports" are online, don't make it true.

This may be true. It may be not. I am more than a little skeptical, to be honest. But again, I don't really care. But I do enjoy getting you cranked up about it.
No crank-yankin' happening here. I'm convinced. You guys aren't.

And you "really don't care," but here you are commenting on it. Again. Haha!

Old 08-06-2019, 08:43 PM

12,400 posts, read 8,183,617 times
Quote:
Doing Galactus without doing the Fantastic Four would be like doing Lex Luthor without Superman. And the big G should be introduced at the end of the FF's first story arc, not the beginning.

But none of this is actually confirmed at this point. It's all still rumors.
How about Galactus is something the Avengers fail to stop and the new unknown enhanced family of four emerges?

Old 08-07-2019, 06:30 AM

11,201 posts, read 9,101,563 times
Hollywood has officially run out of ideas. Next will be more video games to film.

Street Fighter (redone)
Resident Evil (redone)
Metal Gear Solid
Final Fantasy

Comic book movies will never beat the actual print comics.

Old 08-07-2019, 07:50 AM

22,934 posts, read 28,318,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
Hollywood has officially run out of ideas.
No. It hasn't.

There are many reasons that movies are all about spectacle and "brands" (and hence remakes) these days, but lack of creativity is nowhere on the list. This has more to do with the complete take-over of television, the rise of the internet, and the corporatization of studios. I don't see the situation getting any better, at least in terms of theatrical releases.

Old 08-07-2019, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
How about Galactus is something the Avengers fail to stop and the new unknown enhanced family of four emerges?
At which point Hawkeye becomes the new Widow, i.e. somebody with no weaponry or tech (at least not like the comics) to compete with, but he's still whuppin' cosmic ass.

Oh, sorry. You meant Stretch and his sister and her brother and their friendly neighborhood Thing.

Old 08-08-2019, 06:30 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,560,095 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUhX...&feature=share

The next Dr. Strange movie looks like it’s going to have some traits of a horror movie init. I’m also excited to see that the Scarlet Witch will be a part of it. And they are already talking about Dr. Strange 3.

Old 08-08-2019, 07:49 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,941,482 times
Quote:
Again: I really don't care. I could post more videos "proving" the pending takeover of the world economy by Reptiloids from the Hollow Earth, all with "eyewitnesses." Just because "confirmed reports" are online, don't make it true.

This may be true. It may be not. I am more than a little skeptical, to be honest. But again, I don't really care. But I do enjoy getting you cranked up about it.
I watched the video he posted finally and it is inconclusive. The tweets don't mean much. The theater owners I might put weight into but none I found were on the record. I cannot find any credible source for it. A lot of dirt blogs like ComicBookNews or Bounding into Comics as well as YouTube videos and Blogger sites and 4Chan. Had it been talked about by credible sources, I would give it weight. I can't though. Instead it adds fuel to an already controversial film's fire.

Old 08-08-2019, 08:03 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,941,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
Hollywood has officially run out of ideas. Next will be more video games to film.

Street Fighter (redone)
Resident Evil (redone)
Metal Gear Solid
Final Fantasy

Comic book movies will never beat the actual print comics.
You cannot compare comics to the movies based off of them. See Watchmen for a great example. It was entirely a direct shot by shot to the comic minus the isolated sailboat story. People complained that boring story was not in the already long Director's Cut.

Rhe other thing is movies are set to what is already introduced in the universe. The New Warriors could not be the cause of the Civil War issue because they didn't exist. It wouldn't make sense for them to be introduced just to be a patsy for some villain we don't know either.

Then you have the actors. As I've stated before, when I saw Ezra Miller in the trailers for Justice League,I didn't want him as Barry Allen, he was Wally West. The movie would confirm that. Why because of The Flash tv series and the comics. Barry isn't a jokster, Wally is.

See the problem here?

Now when it comes to the remakes you.mentioned for "Hollywood running out of ideas", both Street Fighter and Final Fantasy had horrible movies that hardly anyone wants to actually remember. I agree I wish I saw more new ideas in Hollywood, but right now, it simply isn't a possibility. Partially due to streaming services.

Old 08-08-2019, 08:19 AM

22,934 posts, read 28,318,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I watched the video he posted finally and it is inconclusive. The tweets don't mean much. The theater owners I might put weight into but none I found were on the record. I cannot find any credible source for it. A lot of dirt blogs like ComicBookNews or Bounding into Comics as well as YouTube videos and Blogger sites and 4Chan. Had it been talked about by credible sources, I would give it weight. I can't though. Instead it adds fuel to an already controversial film's fire.

Old 08-08-2019, 09:38 AM

Not just the internet. People I know, too. A friend went and saw it and said the exact same thing about their IMAX showing. They couldn't pick seats from any of the "previously reserved" rows they wanted because they had already been purchased. They went in—empty seats. Nobody sat in them for the duration of the film.

Seriously...Captain Marvel and all those "meh" reviews. A billion dollars?

You want a "credible" source in a day when none of the major rags or theater chains want to **** off Disney? That's where street level folk come in.

Change that meme to "It's the Mouse so it's 100% legit."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.