Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2017, 12:03 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,866,909 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0nyxStation View Post
Really odd to see this movie getting such little interest here. I thought this film was very interesting. Somethings hit me very close to home.
I had a great chat about it with my 20-something black male coworker. He was like - all that stuff has happened to me. And that was the real horror. My team had are ally good discussion about it on our break.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2017, 09:06 AM

213 posts, read 204,783 times
I got the movie spoiled for me >.>

Old 03-12-2017, 01:32 AM

2,416 posts, read 2,022,901 times
Excellent flick from the skewed titles and 'Run Rabbbit' it took off like an Olympic sprinter and never let up. Weak point? (but minor enough). The comedic sidekick.

Old 03-15-2017, 08:44 AM

4,721 posts, read 5,311,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I had a great chat about it with my 20-something black male coworker. He was like - all that stuff has happened to me. And that was the real horror. My team had are ally good discussion about it on our break.
All that stuff could not have happened to your coworker. Loved the movie. I thought it was great. I have recommended it to all of my friends and family.

Old 03-16-2017, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
All that stuff could not have happened to your coworker. Loved the movie. I thought it was great. I have recommended it to all of my friends and family.
Ok no brain implants. But the scenes at the party? Accurate.

Old 03-17-2017, 01:01 PM

6,420 posts, read 6,522,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Im a black male. I dated a white woman a couple of years ago. There was a few scenes in there I could totally relate to. I wonder if interracial homosexual relationships happen like that as well. Black man dating a white man type of situations. That cop scene when they hit the dear really hit close to home for me.

Old 03-18-2017, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0nyxStation View Post
Im a black male. I dated a white woman a couple of years ago. There was a few scenes in there I could totally relate to. I wonder if interracial homosexual relationships happen like that as well. Black man dating a white man type of situations. That cop scene when they hit the dear really hit close to home for me.
The same stuff, maybe worse happens to gay men. This is a super interesting related article.
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...aboo.html?_r=0

The other - black and gay - shares his own experiences and my friends have echoed the same.

Old 03-18-2017, 06:21 PM

4,721 posts, read 15,613,090 times
Saw it today. It got amazing scores on Rotten Tomatoes, deserved all the praise.It just came to my theater, it's brand new in these parts so I won't say much about it.
And to my fellow serious movie buffs,if you haven't seen it, Go.
Just, Go.

Old 03-18-2017, 08:42 PM

5,118 posts, read 3,415,867 times
Saw the film this afternoon. Had no idea what to expect and I enjoyed it a lot!

Old 03-20-2017, 10:12 AM

5,264 posts, read 6,403,017 times
No. Don't go see it. It's not a good movie. It's 90% buildup, which ultimately makes no logical sense (seriously - why were the grandparents servants and why were they so bad at it if this is something they do often) and 10% (as in running time - the legit horror part is 10% of the movie). Not sure how it got 100% on Rotten Tomatoes.

I get that most of the uncomfortable party probably has happened to black people, but that's not a reason for a movie, or if it is then why tack on a silly horror premise to crap all over people's real experiences?

The best friend and his interactions were the best part of the movie.

Spoiler
That cop scene when they hit the dear really hit close to home for me. - RE: she wasn't sticking up for him, she didn't want the cop to know he was traveling with her. Again, craps all over someone's real experiences
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies