Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2017, 03:05 PM

870 posts, read 1,128,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMike77 View Post
Of course, I'd pay $ 12.50 to watch Gal Gadot wash dishes for two hours, so there is that.
she is raeli hot
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2017, 03:24 PM

8,609 posts, read 5,640,667 times
^LOL. Gotta rep you for that one.

Old 06-03-2017, 03:45 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,582,405 times
So far all my friends who have seen it say it's great! I'm betting even the hard core comic book fans are going to like it too.

As I stated before this movie is DC's saving grace.

Old 06-03-2017, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
I'm betting even the hard core comic book fans are going to like it too.
Hardcore present and accounted for. The movie draws largely from George Pérez's 1987 reboot, which is why his name appears after William Moulton Marston's and ahead of the other creators.

Old 06-03-2017, 04:23 PM

Wonder Woman: Joss Whedon, James Gunn, directors praise film

Old 06-03-2017, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
And that's very interesting considering it's Jenkins' first really big budget movie. I think up until now her biggest budget was less than 10 million. It was also her first CGI-heavy movie. But she pretty much nailed it.
She was also praised for her direction of the pilot of AMC's The Killing. (And that was a damned good pilot.)

Quote:
I thought the big god versus god battle looked pretty CGI heavy (of course, there was lots of CGI through the movie, but it felt understated through the earlier acts). Obviously, such a battle would have to be CGI heavy, but it seemed a rather big change of feel from the earlier acts.
It was inevitable, especially if you knew who she was going to have to face off against.

Quote:
And Wonder Woman should have been able to take Doomsday, from what we see in her movie. I'll give them the excuse that they hadn't decided how far to take her powers when SVB was produced.
I know it seems inconsistent, but in Doomsday's case, he was a mutation based on the original character. Doomsday is literally a Kryptonian killing machine that could only be stopped with brute force (and when there aren't a bunch of other Kryptonians handy, that can be calamitous). Doomsday does not think, does not talk, does not pause. The BvS version also had him firing force beams. We saw him mutating further and generating power domes. Every time he did the latter, he grew stronger. I'll put the rest in this tag.

Spoiler
Diana wasn't able to use her lightning against him because he would only absorb it. They had to weaken him with some kryptonite first, and then finally impale him with Batman's kryptonite spear.

In Ares' case, she used his power against him.

Quote:
Is this a feminist movie? I think it's hard to say it's a feminist movie when it's about a woman leaving a feminist paradise to protect a world with men in it...and to fall in love with a man.
I don't think so. But I do think William Moulton Marston would give this film his endorsement.

Old 06-03-2017, 05:18 PM

3,110 posts, read 1,993,081 times
The Movie Grinch(me) loved it. A+, 100%.

I even liked Chris Pine in the movie whom I wasn't really sure about. But he had a great role and I thought he did a good job acting.

Spoiler
And I especially liked the scene when Diana was devastated after she thought she had killed Ares and evil didn't stop in the world and Steve(Chris Pine) tried to reason with her.

Old 06-03-2017, 05:44 PM

18,162 posts, read 15,672,553 times
mmm hmm. Though I have a couple friends and a family member over the moon with this movie, I haven't seen it and have my doubts. I wasn't that into Lynda Carters representation of this character and have never been a real fan of this character. I do like the backstory with the Amazon island, and the whole Greek God/ess connection, I always thought the character lacked imagination. It's like she was created to be Supermans mate. Doesn't work for me.

My favorite DC character was Adam Strange (DC super stars of space) back in the day. DC never kicked my imagination the way Marvel did. Marvel had Spiderman. Ultimate cool. But DC had the rights to a few Western comic books I liked such as Two gun Kid, Kid Colt,Outlaw, Outlaw Kid, ( I still have all these and one edition of the Outlaw Kid where he faces a former Confederate cavalryman in a gun battle is still my favorite) are classics I would love to see in film. alas Westerns are doomed in graphic lore. As are the space stars, from DC. The comic books I have would be considered "racist" by todays standards. Even with the Outlaw Kid taking on and defeating a badazz Confederate cavalryman in cause of the Union and the town the Kid was defending.

Lost are true classics. I treasure my comic collection.

Old 06-03-2017, 06:12 PM

3,110 posts, read 1,993,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
mmm hmm. Though I have a couple friends and a family member over the moon with this movie, I haven't seen it and have my doubts. I wasn't that into Lynda Carters representation of this character and have never been a real fan of this character. I do like the backstory with the Amazon island, and the whole Greek God/ess connection, I always thought the character lacked imagination. It's like she was created to be Supermans mate. Doesn't work for me.
Even though from interviews, I adore Lynda Carter as a person... this is not your Lynda Carter/1970s Wonder Woman.

Old 06-03-2017, 06:38 PM

28,711 posts, read 18,886,293 times
The WW versus the Huns sequences of the movie are the most outstanding action sequences IMO. I'll download and watch those sequences many times.

I liked Diana's lack of moral dilemma. She's totally: "I'm a superhero and superheroing is what superheroes are supposed to do."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies