Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2017, 02:15 PM

8,609 posts, read 5,631,528 times

Advertisements

People who got to see WW a couple months back said it's good/great. Everything I hear about it sounds on point as far as it being a worthy CBM origin movie. Can't wait.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2017, 03:32 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,944,721 times
Wonder Woman is hitting an interesting note. Prior to showing Guardians of the Galaxy to my mother, after seeing this trailer, she wanted to see Wonder Woman for her first comic book film in theaters. She liked Guardians so much, I'm taking her and my father opening weekend. To go back to Wonder Woman, a co-worker may take her daughter to see it since she is getting old enough to do genre films.

Old 05-04-2017, 02:39 PM

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/04/m...smtyp=cur&_r=0

Old 05-04-2017, 03:06 PM

99 posts, read 68,563 times
I thought she was very good in Bat v Super but no one topped Ben Fleck's throwing furniture around to save Mom from the flamethrower. Unlike chick Star Wars with the two gay guys and the Rogue One's 98-pounder throwing around beefy storm troopers, like right. But Wonderbread Woman might turn out pretty good. I'm looking forward to it. I imagine that even superduper people would have broken noses, facial scars and missing teeth, so I'm glad they ignored reality and cast the hot actress. It works for me.

Old 05-04-2017, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe Howard View Post
I thought she was very good in Bat v Super but no one topped Ben Fleck's throwing furniture around to save Mom from the flamethrower. Unlike chick Star Wars with the two gay guys and the Rogue One's 98-pounder throwing around beefy storm troopers, like right. But Wonderbread Woman might turn out pretty good. I'm looking forward to it. I imagine that even superduper people would have broken noses, facial scars and missing teeth, so I'm glad they ignored reality and cast the hot actress. It works for me.
Don't forget Scarlett kicking armored alien butt in The Avengers!

Old 05-05-2017, 06:45 AM

28,692 posts, read 18,842,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
Don't forget Scarlett kicking armored alien butt in The Avengers!
That was Mrs Peel.

Oh, wrong Avengers.

Old 05-12-2017, 10:22 AM

While the embargo has yet to lift, a review has leaked!

Quote:
[From critic Andy Lea]

It was me! I'm embargoed but I suppose they started it. It really is good. Dark but funny too. Gadot is great and the Amazons are brilliant. 4/5 stars.

Old 05-13-2017, 09:18 AM

22,938 posts, read 28,322,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
From that article:

Quote:
Daniel Loria, an editorial director at Boxoffice Media, said statistics suggested that the audience for superhero movies “is not as male dominated as one might think.”

“‘Ghostbusters’ last summer had a big pushback; a segment of a more extreme audience found it sacrilegious that women would be cast,” Mr. Loria said. “But we’re not seeing that internet fanboy outrage over ‘Wonder Woman.’”

Though the track record for female-led superhero movies is mixed — “Catwoman” bombed in 2004, but “Elektra” did O.K. the next year — the stubborn perception remains that fans don’t turn out for these films.
This is what makes me crazy about studios. CATWOMAN bombs. ELEKTRA is okay at best. The studios' conclusion? Audiences don't want movies with female super heroes.

But the real conclusion that audiences knew: Those movies sucked. It had nothing to do with Halle Berry or Jennifer Garner or costumes or female super heroes. The movies sucked. That's it. No more. No less.

Yet the obvious continues to elude studio executives.

Old 05-13-2017, 09:26 AM

28,692 posts, read 18,842,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
From that article:

This is what makes me crazy about studios. CATWOMAN bombs. ELEKTRA is okay at best. The studios' conclusion? Audiences don't want movies with female super heroes.

But the real conclusion that audiences knew: Those movies sucked. It had nothing to do with Halle Berry or Jennifer Garner or costumes or female super heroes. The movies sucked. That's it. No more. No less.

Yet the obvious continues to elude studio executives.
Wonder Woman is kind of a test of that. One problem is the characters. Catwoman and Electra are both C-class super"heroes." They have lots of feminist appeal because they're anti-heroes, but they've never really had chops even in the comics--they could never have carried a series very long.

Wonder Woman is the character with the chops. As a character, she goes toe-to-toe with Superman and Batman. Heck, Wonder Woman carried a television series that didn't suck.

Gal Gadot looks good in the role, she's done decent work, and she looked good in her previous short Wonder Woman. This is all for the producers to screw up.

Old 05-13-2017, 03:14 PM

‘Wonder Woman’ Tickets On Sale Everywhere; 92% Of All Moviegoers Looking Forward To Female Superhero Movie | Deadline
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies