Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2007, 02:40 PM

617 posts, read 2,822,896 times

Advertisements

This movie was HORRIBLE. I went into it, having never read the book, and not knowing anything about it.

The first thing I see is Will Smith in a brand new Ford Mustang drifting through abandoned New York. These Hollywood actors really bother me. They cry Global Warming, and complain about huge corporations corrupting our economy and ruining the planet, yet they participate in films that completely advertise all the huge corporations that they are fighting against. Whatever.

Okay... I jumped during the film a few times... and it was when I had no idea what was going on in the movie. Once I figured it out... it was generic crap. Why is it that the "Dark Seekers" are so stupid that they have no human characteristics anymore... yet they have a leader dude who is smart enough to sick the zombie dogs on Will? And why are the male monsters hating their shirts... but the females are modest enough to still wear a top? And the way the monsters communicate... SO predictable. An open mouth yell. *yawn*

And do tell me... if the bridges going onto the island are blown up... how that woman who suddenly appears at the end of the film, managed to drive in and out of NYC???

I was given two movie passes for my birthday, and I saved them so my husband and I could see a cool action movie at the theater. After the movie finished... he said he would have rather sat through "Enchanted", and that is coming from a man who hates Harry Potter, LOTR's, and any other fantasy films.

I put this movie in the same category of the latest "Planet of the Apes" and "Time Machine" re-makes.

Any one else have an opinion on this film????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2007, 03:02 PM

2,433 posts, read 6,679,499 times
I didn't read your post yet.

Are there spoilers in it?

Old 12-15-2007, 03:09 PM

226 posts, read 1,169,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calibelle View Post
This movie was HORRIBLE. I went into it, having never read the book, and not knowing anything about it.

The first thing I see is Will Smith in a brand new Ford Mustang drifting through abandoned New York. These Hollywood actors really bother me. They cry Global Warming, and complain about huge corporations corrupting our economy and ruining the planet, yet they participate in films that completely advertise all the huge corporations that they are fighting against. Whatever.

Okay... I jumped during the film a few times... and it was when I had no idea what was going on in the movie. Once I figured it out... it was generic crap. Why is it that the "Dark Seekers" are so stupid that they have no human characteristics anymore... yet they have a leader dude who is smart enough to sick the zombie dogs on Will? And why are the male monsters hating their shirts... but the females are modest enough to still wear a top? And the way the monsters communicate... SO predictable. An open mouth yell. *yawn*

And do tell me... if the bridges going onto the island are blown up... how that woman who suddenly appears at the end of the film, managed to drive in and out of NYC???

I was given two movie passes for my birthday, and I saved them so my husband and I could see a cool action movie at the theater. After the movie finished... he said he would have rather sat through "Enchanted", and that is coming from a man who hates Harry Potter, LOTR's, and any other fantasy films.

I put this movie in the same category of the latest "Planet of the Apes" and "Time Machine" re-makes.

With the bad reviews, I won't go see it. Sorry, can't help you on that one.
I'll wait till the red machine in front of the grocery stocks it for a buck in 6 months, and check it out then.

Old 12-15-2007, 03:12 PM

226 posts, read 1,169,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calibelle View Post

A lot of "I am" quotes in the movie world lately....the great line from Beowulf
was "I am BEOWULF"!

Old 12-16-2007, 07:11 AM

2,408 posts, read 14,397,267 times
Nothing to add except that the title of this thread cracked me up.

Old 12-16-2007, 07:35 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,034,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dullnboring View Post
the title of this thread cracked me up.
Agreed.
There was (to me) a major spoiler in another newspaper review I read, and it was rather a grim spoiler...I'm not sure I'll even rent the movie when it comes to DVD. And I am a big Will Smith fan.

Old 12-16-2007, 09:17 AM

617 posts, read 2,822,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye48 View Post
I didn't read your post yet.

Are there spoilers in it?
Naturally... since we are talking about why the movie was bad... there will be some info about the movie.

Of course even if this topic doesn't spoil the movie for you.... watching it should do the trick.

Old 12-17-2007, 07:05 AM

4,721 posts, read 15,619,556 times
This is a remake of Charlton Hestons "Omega man", if you saw that, you know the main idea line. When I was very young I saw it,( I think it was about a thousand years ago ,) and much ado in the news because Heston kissed a black woman- ooooooooo Shows just how long ago it was.

Old 12-17-2007, 07:07 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,445,927 times
I plan on seeing it, did you guys not see that over this last weekend it broke even the Lord of the Rings for how much money it brought in? I think thats good enough for me.

Old 12-17-2007, 07:10 AM

4,721 posts, read 15,619,556 times
I think people are desperate for some great holiday movies and there was much hope for this one to be good. I dont think there are any huge blockbusters yet. A good way to tell is the money taken in for it in the following weeks with "word of mouth".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies