Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2013, 10:42 PM

401 posts, read 642,082 times

Advertisements

jodie foster+sci-fi= bad movie(see contact for reference)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2013, 10:53 PM

3,410 posts, read 4,473,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofsorrow View Post
True, lol. However, she did an okay job playing the role of a power-hungry suit, though just about anyone could've given that performance. I really think they wasted the Krueger character. The guy could've easily been one of the most memorable villians of all time, but he wasn't really hashed out.

Old 08-13-2013, 09:29 AM

3,092 posts, read 4,977,944 times
I'm not sure how you can take a film about rich people living on a fancy space station and poor people living on an overpopulated, polluted earth and not have it be somewhat political in tone. People need to relax.

Old 08-13-2013, 10:04 AM

8,757 posts, read 9,477,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofsorrow View Post
I'm a fan of JD, but have to say, she was awful in this role.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerJAX View Post
The film was sort of hollow and felt rushed. They had some great themes to work with but never really dived into them with the same intensity that District 9 did with apartheid, racism, identity, and corporate militarism. They could of done a lot more with Copley's and Foster's characters as well. This is one of the few movies that could've benefited from a 150 minutes run time. This flick would probably get a "B" from me if Blomkamp had never made District 9(which imo is one of the top 5 sci-fi movies of all time).
I gave my review earlier in another thread, I felt the same about it not feeling complete, but still a pretty good movie over all. And I felt the same about Copley's character, not living up to the role as well. Both JD and Copely were more like caricatures.

And UTHORNS96 Yeah right.

Old 08-13-2013, 02:02 PM

2,540 posts, read 3,740,185 times
It was okay. The guy who played krueger was annoying. He has an irritating thin voice and his accent makes it worse (it's like a cross between Australian and Cockney accent). I wonder if he really talks like that in real life?

Old 08-13-2013, 02:39 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,477,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
I'm a fan of JF, but have to say, she was awful in this role.

I gave my review earlier in another thread, I felt the same about it not feeling complete, but still a pretty good movie over all. And I felt the same about Copley's character, not living up to the role as well. Both JF and Copely were more like caricatures.

And UTHORNS96 Yeah right.
Correcting my own post

It was suppose to be JF not JD, for Jodie Foster.

Old 08-13-2013, 02:56 PM

668 posts, read 995,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by graceC View Post
It was okay. The guy who played krueger was annoying. He has an irritating thin voice and his accent makes it worse (it's like a cross between Australian and Cockney accent). I wonder if he really talks like that in real life?
Most likely - it's a South African Afrikaner accent.

And to those complaining about the "liberal propaganda" in the film - seeing as how Neill Blomkamp is an African living in Canada, trying to break it down by applied US political filters is pointless. Try to enjoy the movie for what it is.

Old 08-13-2013, 08:37 PM

12,045 posts, read 6,589,679 times
Terrible film.
Bad acting all around, even Damon. Stupid and predictable plot. Corny relationships.
Really bad directing. Good movie for teen boys I guess.
Some great visuals, computerizations and sets though.

Old 08-14-2013, 07:47 AM

4,721 posts, read 15,627,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by graceC View Post
He was the lead actor in Dist 9 , the one who accidentally infected himself and began to turn.thought he was amazing in that. However, found this movie long, drawn out and easily forgettable.
It will get lost in this summers string of movies.

Old 08-14-2013, 04:00 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,558,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKP440 View Post
I would have enjoyed the movie more if it wasn't a propaganda piece from the Democrats/Liberals.

I KNOW!! MAN!! I GO TO THE MOVIES TO "ESCAPE" THE USUAL CRAP!! THEN THEY HIT YOU IN THE FACE WITH THIS.........SMH
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies