Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2013, 04:57 PM

211 posts, read 373,378 times

Advertisements

The Last House on the Left. Or really any film that has a rape scene. Whats the point of that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2013, 06:38 PM

2,757 posts, read 4,003,088 times
The Cell (w/Jennifer Lopez)
Pulp Fiction
Any Ingrid Bergman movie
Last House on the Left (the original)
Exorcist 2
Rocky 5
Lost in Space (the movie)
Stealth

Old 08-23-2013, 06:51 PM

293 posts, read 392,163 times
The human centipede and Grandmas boy

Old 08-23-2013, 07:14 PM

2,325 posts, read 2,653,799 times
Night of the Living Dead (original), Sssssss (bad 70s film where mad scientist turns guy into a snake), and a film I saw on TV that had to be straight to dvd called "I Spy With My Little Eye" or something like that.

Old 08-23-2013, 08:21 PM

351 posts, read 693,855 times
Ishtar, Dynamite Chicken, Pulp Fiction, Kalifornia, and some black and white movie that pretty much was about staring at a beer bottle on the side of the street listing to some guy babble for about an hour and a half. Oh, and I walked out of Nixon. Story of Nixon might have been good, but I didn't like the movie. House on the Left was not great. There were a few movies I didn't care for, but it's rare I ever walk out of them. I try to see the movie for it's creativity at least. Some just sucked big time...like lonely beer bottle next to some rambling guy.

Old 08-26-2013, 04:45 PM

2,757 posts, read 4,003,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikett View Post
Night of the Living Dead (original), Sssssss (bad 70s film where mad scientist turns guy into a snake), and a film I saw on TV that had to be straight to dvd called "I Spy With My Little Eye" or something like that.
"I Spy With My Little Eye"? LMAO
Gotta be straight to DVD.

"Peg-Leg Peg is Dead": good name for a straight to DVD comedy. Think I'll start the script ...

Old 08-27-2013, 08:19 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,528,052 times
Conan the Barbarian with Arnold Schwartzenegger (sp?). Was too graphic for me, made me sick to my stomach. The scene with the eyeball stew...gross!

Anything with Jennifer Garner unless she's playing a kick-ass spy or super hero. Otherwise her dimples and sugary little voice are just too much. But somehow it works when she's kicking ass...balances it out I guess.

Old 08-28-2013, 02:08 PM

1,484 posts, read 2,260,016 times
Kick Ass, House of 1000 Corpses, and I agree human centipede, I didn't watch it all, I mean who the hell could? But I saw a bit of it and wished I never heard of the damn thing. Also the Saw movies. I only saw the first one, and a few clips of a couple others. Yuck. Any movie where people get tortured and body parts cut up or taken out or whatever, not really entertaining to me, no thanks.

Old 08-29-2013, 12:19 PM

501 posts, read 801,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigGuy View Post
I wish I had never seen the Spirit. I don't know what compelled me to see this because I generally hate superhero movies. This one was a huge bore. All the other screens were packed but the Spirit, which was on it's third week when I saw it, had only around 25% of its auditorium seating filled. I remember at about 40 minutes I decided to just go out into the lobby and play some video games. When I came back in 20 minutes later, there were only around 20 people left. The remaining people all looked bored, were sleeping, or playing with their phones. Ever since the Spirit, I haven't seen a superhero movie since, even for free.

100% agreed. I wanted to go see Argo. But I did not want to see Ben Affleck's face. Hollywood thinks that a big name star will always bring in audiences. But that's not the case. Sometimes people are tired of seeing the same stars.

Blasphemy. All Back to the Future movies were brilliant. I am still waiting for Back to the Future Part 4.

This lady speaks the truth. I never understood why people like this pathetic director. All his movies are garbage and every time I finished watching one of his movies I wanted to buy a bus ticket to Hollywood just so I can slap him across the face.
I see you had the same feeling of anger and rage after wasting your money.

Old 10-24-2013, 07:16 PM

310 posts, read 1,700,861 times
I dislike movies with lots of violence and/or gore. Two films I absolutely hated:

Clockwork Orange-- horrible rape scene! I was in high school & was stuck at a drive-in watching this w/ some friends, gave me nightmares for days.

Blue Velvet-- I knew nothing about this movie & actually suggested seeing it to a friend who had been depressed about a death in her family! (Must have thought it was a comedy?) Always regretted that, we both hated it & think it made her feel a lot worse.

Last edited by newbie09; 10-24-2013 at 07:30 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies