Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2011, 06:14 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,679,772 times

Advertisements

I also thought it was kind of funny how the aliens were all slick and ninja during the first 20 minutes of the movie. They would be like pew pew with their guns from the roof tops and then dissappear. 10 minutes later they were retarded and walking into bullets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2011, 12:08 PM

1,379 posts, read 1,761,412 times
The dialogue in Battle:Los Angeles has got to be the worst I have heard in awhile.Terrible movie.

Old 06-23-2011, 03:47 PM

1,949 posts, read 5,263,237 times
[quote=d-boy-80;19599601]

Quote:
Good for what its purpose was. Yes.
i hate when people say that. in other words: the movie was a piece of ****.

Quote:
Though, next film should be Delta Force and not the Marines
what???

Old 06-23-2011, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-boy-80 View Post

I don't really care for character development in action flicks. Is that bad
yeah. you are indeed a deep thinker.

Old 06-23-2011, 03:54 PM

the problem with the movie, other than what has already been mentioned, is it has a fundamental lack of respect for the human condition. probably written and directed by some nerd whithout any real life experience - for nerds (or children) with no life experience.

mainly i'm talking about how the characters in the movie went from anguishing over the loss of a close friend in one moment, to woo-hooing and high-fiving over killing an alien inside of a minute.

also, the first red flag was during the opening credits when the name Michelle Rodriguez appeard across the screen. she only does bad movies.

Old 06-23-2011, 04:05 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,962,008 times
It was horrible as a "shoot em up" type movie. Good premise but it needed some better screen writers to spend a year or two with the script to make it better.

Old 06-23-2011, 09:49 PM

2,209 posts, read 4,224,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1977 View Post
I also thought it was kind of funny how the aliens were all slick and ninja during the first 20 minutes of the movie. They would be like pew pew with their guns from the roof tops and then dissappear. 10 minutes later they were retarded and walking into bullets.
Lol. It won't let me rep you.

Battle: Los Angeles, like Battlefield Earth?

Old 06-24-2011, 11:24 AM

1,543 posts, read 2,996,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linson View Post
[b]

yeah. you are indeed a deep thinker.
Oh yeah, I am deep.

Old 06-24-2011, 11:27 AM

1,543 posts, read 2,996,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linson View Post
the problem with the movie, other than what has already been mentioned, is it has a fundamental lack of respect for the human condition. probably written and directed by some nerd whithout any real life experience - for nerds (or children) with no life experience.

mainly i'm talking about how the characters in the movie went from anguishing over the loss of a close friend in one moment, to woo-hooing and high-fiving over killing an alien inside of a minute.

also, the first red flag was during the opening credits when the name Michelle Rodriguez appeard across the screen. she only does bad movies.
Sorry you must not know a lot of marines? They are not the type that show too much emotion, they have no respect for the human condition I am guessing. Also, the screenwriters must have much more experience in life than yourself. They are out there doing, you are here typing. Says a lot about you.

Anyways, wth is wrong with you people? It was meant for entertaining, I am surprised that some of you cannot get over the dialogue. When that normally came on, I just shut my thought and went somewhere else mentally until the action came back on.

Old 06-24-2011, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-boy-80 View Post
Sorry you must not know a lot of marines? They are not the type that show too much emotion, they have no respect for the human condition I am guessing. Also, the screenwriters must have much more experience in life than yourself. They are out there doing, you are here typing. Says a lot about you.

Anyways, wth is wrong with you people? It was meant for entertaining, I am surprised that some of you cannot get over the dialogue. When that normally came on, I just shut my thought and went somewhere else mentally until the action came back on.
oh, i get it. so this is some kind of Troll thread?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies