Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Motorcycles, Scooters, ATVs, Boats, Watercrafts, Snowmobiles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 08:27 PM

18,500 posts, read 15,312,600 times

Advertisements

Looks like I got to the party a little late. Work has been real busy lately. Great thread Muleskinner. Thanks for the pointer over here.

I ride a Harley Cross Bones and Vespa 250 GTS. I'm thinking about trading in the Vespa on a Triumph Bonneville. I love the Vespa, but I have always wanted a Bonneville and my wife wont let me have 3. lol. I think trading in the Vespa will be like trading in a pet. I dont really know what to do here. I guess I'll just have to play it by ear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2009, 10:54 AM

995 posts, read 2,731,510 times
Wants hanging my brothers and sisters? Just another Monday @ the local dump.

Old 05-04-2009, 12:32 PM

1,815 posts, read 5,408,103 times
Rain here today and for most of the rest of the week. No evening ice cream runs this week! And I have a new place to try too!

Old 05-05-2009, 05:36 AM

1,461 posts, read 3,657,430 times
Yesterday was a perfect day in Southern Ohio. I took my first long ride on my new Silverwing. I got it March 17th. So on this trip it just turned over it's first thousand miles! I rode 220 miles to West Liberty, OH, which is above Columbus. I love to find places on the Internet, mapquest them and take off. I went to Ohio Caverns which is somewhere I had not been before. I had a great day.
Two buses of elementary children were just leaving...I must admit I did the "happy dance" as the buses pulled away. Then waited for the next tour...which ended up only me! But that was great. It's about a one mile tunnel and I really enjoyed just chatting with the guide and having us just take our time.
I thought at first this bike might be a bit too much for me but I absolutely love it now! The ride is so smooth and tons of power, more than I will ever need. Now can't wait to get the new Givi trunk put on so I can carry a bit more.

Old 05-05-2009, 09:43 AM

371 posts, read 940,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lialleycat View Post
Rain here today and for most of the rest of the week. No evening ice cream runs this week! And I have a new place to try too!
We will just have to cage it then!!!

Old 05-06-2009, 11:10 AM

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhh. I so badly wanted to ride into work this morning. I woke up nice and early and saw the sun was trying to peek through the clouds. I took a step outside to gage the temp. & it was too damp and cool out. Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Old 05-06-2009, 12:55 PM

1,815 posts, read 5,408,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelazyone View Post
Arghhhhhhhhhhhhh. I so badly wanted to ride into work this morning. I woke up nice and early and saw the sun was trying to peek through the clouds. I took a step outside to gage the temp. & it was too damp and cool out. Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
Should have gone. Hear it's going to be rainy again until at least Mother's Day after today. I like the rain and even I've had enough!

Old 05-07-2009, 04:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lialleycat View Post
Should have gone. Hear it's going to be rainy again until at least Mother's Day after today. I like the rain and even I've had enough!
The weather during my commute into work yesterday morning wasn't too bad. I kept kicking myself for not riding in. Hopefully I'll have better luck next week.

Old 05-12-2009, 01:01 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,227,350 times
It looks like the unending rain (and threat of rain) is fianlly about to come to an end, so I can start riding again!

Old 05-25-2009, 02:06 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,227,350 times
Wow, I didn't mean to kill this thread. What happened? Is there nothing more to say about riding?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Motorcycles, Scooters, ATVs, Boats, Watercrafts, Snowmobiles