Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2011, 08:24 AM

9,341 posts, read 29,680,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Rickers, "bare backing" sheep just sounds wrong somehow.....:shocked::smack::D
Certainly does.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2011, 08:36 AM

6,023 posts, read 14,064,665 times
What was that gay cowboy movie called ? Humpback-canyon or something like that ? ~
No Sheep are fun, you can have those kiddie mutton races. Shearing is a ton of fun and cleaning up the poo is a blast. My X wife used to be into spinning and weaving.
I used to love spending some summers on my family's farms and ranches but they did put me to work. My uncle had a hog, beef and a dairy operation going with a few chickens as well as lots of alfalfa, grass hay, oats and wheat going on 700 irrigated acres with the Carson river running through.
Good memories of country life every other summer or two as a kid (except for the time I was charged at by a fully horned bull. ~?~ ~♥~ .

Old 01-27-2011, 08:56 AM

276 posts, read 792,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
I just got home. Been gone all day. The Church is beautiful, so far. This was a one time shot at seeing the construction. I will travel down and see it after it's done. You are not going to believe this.

The rock come from a little known state of Montana. Up by Helena. The beams and wood inside the church come from an old abandon barn up by Missoula. Logs were split, planed and they are the walls on the inside of the church. They need chinking placed between them. The Flagstone come from up in Montana.

This entire church, that is made out of stone and large timbers, will seat 12 people, max.

Right now, it's been a long day, and I took the pictures with my good camera. I have to transfer them over. I'm too tired. I will post them tomorrow as soon as I can. Sorry.

This church is gorgeous.

I also sure would enjoy looking at some pictures of that church. I'm looking forward to your post. From your description, it sounds real nice!!

Old 01-27-2011, 09:12 AM

I have to go rig shopping so I need to get my patootie out from in front of this computer screen for a while. Maybe I'll get a few shots if the sun peeks out.

Here is a shot of the Thompson Falls Dam with the wooden flood gates closed but the leakage ices up the spillway pretty good.
In the foreground you can see the lead into the new fish ladder system and just a small part of the ladder complex.

I doubt they will allow any fishing very close to this part.
There are lots of brown trout below this dam (and above) and there is a nice rope swing just downstream from this dam too.
http://lh4.ggpht.com/_9a8nDInPVGE/TTwXS_g0vvI/AAAAAAAAJec/9Jh5GY_vNxA/s512/IMG_2310-1.JPG (broken link)

Old 01-27-2011, 09:17 AM

6,259 posts, read 14,674,687 times
rickers, I see in the news that there is alot of melting your way, we sure have had a break in the weather!
More snow out here than I have see in a long time.
Speaking of wiliston area, we stopped a t wallyworld on the way back and I would say that prices have increased by at least 30%
They must be gouging the poor oil workers.

The drilling continues to buy up land....
Montana Meth Project founder sells historic ranch

Old 01-27-2011, 09:51 AM

8,087 posts, read 15,159,512 times
From the article: "Siebel, who listed the historic N Bar Ranch at $45 million early last year, sold the property to Texas-based Frac Tech, an oil and gas well fracturing company."

Gods on stilts... no wonder there ain't no new ranchers coming up, who starts off with that kind of money?

Well, I'm thinkin' it's still better off, as a ranch, in the hands of an oil and gas well outfit than with a housing developer.

Old 01-27-2011, 10:01 AM

18,700 posts, read 42,053,353 times
Here's the pics of that church.

Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to town I go. haha I'll check in later.

Old 01-27-2011, 12:32 PM

8,087 posts, read 15,159,512 times
Wow, they're building it from scratch? What's already done looks perfectly retro!

Old 01-27-2011, 06:37 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,053,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
Wow, they're building it from scratch? What's already done looks perfectly retro!
Ya, tottally from scratch. Believe it or not, it's an oil company that is building a little roadside park for travelers.

Old 01-27-2011, 11:08 PM

Default I want to visit that someday.

Well I finally sold the truck I've been driving for over 21 years and we went rig shopping today in Missoula. I think I found one but the interest is high and the price is high but I like the rig.
When we test drove it we found an ice skating rink and pushed the 4x4 button. My wife had a blast spinning doughnuts and playing on the slippery patch.
We have to check back to see if the lot will finance us for the small SUV.

Here is a shot I snapped on our way back to Sanders County close to sunset today.

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_9a8nDInPVGE/TUJRva-7VQI/AAAAAAAAJjM/-YTMqxcdL1U/s512/IMG_2439-2.JPG (broken link)

Here is a plain framed snap of the wood that we have been burning.
Anyone care to identify the species of tree that this is ?
http://lh3.ggpht.com/_9a8nDInPVGE/TUJcIIW4M8I/AAAAAAAAJjc/pUGn1vOmvH0/s512/IMG_2406.JPG (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana