Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area
 [Register]
Mobile area Mobile County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2016, 07:27 PM

8 posts, read 16,095 times

Advertisements

ok had to register for this. Is that brewery going into the old waterfront rescue mission building? I walk by there every day and think that place should be a brewery...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2016, 09:05 PM

1,512 posts, read 1,898,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mob504 View Post
ok had to register for this. Is that brewery going into the old waterfront rescue mission building? I walk by there every day and think that place should be a brewery...
Apparently, according to their facebook page, yes.

Old 02-01-2016, 11:26 AM

1,063 posts, read 3,782,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsky View Post
New restaurant/bar at 200 Dauphin St:
from al.com: "Wet Willie's, a restaurant and daiquiri bar, has leased 4,100 square feet at 200 Dauphin St., in downtown Mobile, according to David Dexter of NAI Mobile, who handled the transaction. The Savannah, Ga.-based bar will open in late spring in a former bank space at the southwest corner of Bienville Square at Dauphin and Conception streets."

I'm kind of surprised that Mobile doesn't have a daiquiri joint already....unless they used to in the past. Every time we travel to Mobile, which is several times a year, I always make my s/o stop in Louisiana so I can get one. It will be nice to be able to actually get one in Mobile now.

Old 02-01-2016, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtoal View Post
I'm kind of surprised that Mobile doesn't have a daiquiri joint already....unless they used to in the past. Every time we travel to Mobile, which is several times a year, I always make my s/o stop in Louisiana so I can get one. It will be nice to be able to actually get one in Mobile now.
There are several in Mobile. There's even one already downtown: Dauphin Street Blues Company

Old 02-01-2016, 12:08 PM

5,023 posts, read 9,264,375 times
Quote:
There are several in Mobile. There's even one already downtown: Dauphin Street Blues Company
Yeah that one, Mystic Lounge, and Patties are the three that I can call from the top of my head.

Old 02-01-2016, 01:06 PM

1,063 posts, read 3,782,038 times
Quote:

Oh my gosh, you are completely correct! I was at Dauphin Street Blues Co back in October but I didn't drink because I was pregnant...lol. Wow....pregnancy brain!

As for the others, I haven't heard of them.

Old 02-01-2016, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtoal View Post
Oh my gosh, you are completely correct! I was at Dauphin Street Blues Co back in October but I didn't drink because I was pregnant...lol. Wow....pregnancy brain!

As for the others, I haven't heard of them.

Old 02-01-2016, 07:13 PM

205 posts, read 196,969 times
Only issue with DSBC is the daiquiri bar doesn't open til 9pm unless there an event going on. At least Wet Willies will be open for the afternoon crowds

Old 02-05-2016, 12:52 PM

More downtown updates:

Lodging
Fort Conde Village hotel development on hold until ALDOT's plans for the Water St interchange are made known
Work underway on Hilton Garden Inn downtown; word is opening should be late fall of this year

Dining
Chuck's Fish opening in July (551 Dauphin)
Five opening in July in the old Bull space
Plans for an eatery in 558 Dauphin; details unclear
Dauphin's opening next Wednesday (34th floor of Trustmark Tower)
Floridita's opening date unannounced (basement bank vault of Trustmark Tower)
Rumors of a Chattanooga Moonpie store unsubstantiated to this point, but I wouldn't be surprised if we don't get some info soon
Italian restaurant at Conti and Conception still unfinished; completion/opening date unknown
O'Daly's is opening a pub food joint next to O'Daly's space on Dauphin; opening date unknown
Foosackly's?

Nightlife
Haberdasher has a few more months before their re-opening (it's looking good!)
Wet Willie's is opening at the corner of Conception and Dauphin (200 Dauphin) - a daiquiri bar and eatery
Serda's Brewery announced for 600 Government St
Unnamed brewery project at corner of Warren and St Michael in design phase
Detonti Square "Beer Bed and Breakfast" brewery in planning approval phase (Iron Hand Brewery)

Government
Groundbreaking for the new Federal Courthouse to be in March
Mardi Gras Park/Market Pavilion underway; Phase 1 completion in the next few months

Mixed Use
Emanuel-Staples-Pake Building is to be renovated with retail on the bottom floor and apartments on the top two floors (25 in all)
no new news on the Water St development
no new news on Conde Village either
Mason Building at the corner of Warren and St Francis being converted into condos
Gayfer's store conversion into possible mixed uses yet to be announced

Last edited by Southsky; 02-05-2016 at 01:08 PM..

Old 02-05-2016, 03:12 PM

59 posts, read 101,043 times
Quote:
More downtown updates:

Nightlife

Unnamed brewery project at corner of Warren and St Michael in design phase
D
http://urban.cityofmobile.org/urban_...ldzon15281.pdf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area