Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area
 [Register]
Mobile area Mobile County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2015, 03:37 PM

5,023 posts, read 9,264,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellowboy View Post
We need a French Bakery Cafe and a large scale a AUTHENTIC French restaurant like what can be found in New Orleans!!!
We do by an actual chef with a French back ground It's not downtown but not that far either. It's a low key electic French bistro. .....http://www.bistroescoffier.com/

Many of our downtown restaraunts offer awesome French inspired menus. The Dumbwaiter serves one of the best beef tournedos on this side and the other side of the Mississippi.
And the Duck Foie Gras at NOJA, good Lord !! We have some great authentic French food right here in the city.

Last edited by PortCity; 08-06-2015 at 04:00 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2015, 03:49 PM

265 posts, read 432,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PortCity View Post
We do by an actual chef with a French back ground. It's a nice low key retsaraunt sort of off the beaten path.
I know it's a start, but not really that authentic and made to cater local Mobile, AL tastes. The selection is minimal as well. Also, a French/European bakery cafe we do not have at all!!! Due to Airbus we are getting more Europeans in our market so we must have dining options to cater to them in addition to people already here like myself who craves such!!!

Old 08-06-2015, 04:34 PM

Quote:
I know it's a start, but not really that authentic and made to cater local Mobile, AL tastes. The selection is minimal as well. Also, a French/European bakery cafe we do not have at all!!! Due to Airbus we are getting more Europeans in our market so we must have dining options to cater to them in addition to people already here like myself who craves such!!!
Escoffier is not authintic ?! Chef Escoffier lived and owned a restaurant in France you can"t get more authentic than that.And yeah we could use a French/Euro bakery that would be really nice. I think we will have one soon.Chef Escoffier may have plans to open a bakery you never know.

Last edited by PortCity; 08-06-2015 at 04:43 PM..

Old 08-06-2015, 08:50 PM

275 posts, read 539,654 times
Quote:
You can't get much more authentic than a chef whose family (grandfather FF Escoffier) is related to the legendary Auguste Escoffier, who introduced the rest of the world to French cuisine.

Old 08-06-2015, 08:53 PM

1,039 posts, read 1,354,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobilemom52 View Post
You can't get much more authentic than a chef whose family (grandfather FF Escoffier) is related to the legendary Auguste Escoffier, who introduced the rest of the world to French cuisine.
GOSH....... I thought Julia Child did that.

Old 08-07-2015, 06:53 AM

Quote:
I know right we have one of the best French chefs right here in our back yard ! Yeah the menu maybe limited but it's good for where the bistro is right now.

Old 08-07-2015, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by preguntas View Post
LoooL

Old 08-07-2015, 09:12 AM

275 posts, read 539,654 times
Quote:
Escoffier predated Julia Child considerably, and was known as the "Ambassador of French Cuisine". JC was inspired and influenced by him. He was the first to publish a recipe for boeuf bourguignon, God bless him.

Dang, now I'm hungry...

Old 08-07-2015, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Escoffier predated Julia Child considerably, and was known as the "Ambassador of French Cuisine". JC was inspired and influenced by him. He was the first to publish a recipe for boeuf bourguignon, God bless him.

Dang, now I'm hungry...
Woooow ! Mellowboy isn't the only one but there are many in this city that don't know what we have right here in our back yard. You really can't get anymore authentic than that and I pray that this place continue to grow.

Old 08-07-2015, 10:06 AM

Quote:
I thought that too until bistro Escoffier opened and I read about the historical back ground of the chef and my thoughts were " now I be damnd right here in Mobile , Al !".
There is a culinary art school named in honor of Auguste Escoffier.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area