Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2019, 10:00 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,100,810 times

Advertisements

Twins joined Evil Empire, Stros and Dodgers as 100 game winners this season. Well done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2019, 07:01 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,102,589 times
Oh Boy! Youngsters will soon be able to experience the joy of what the rest of us have experienced of being the Yankees red-headed, step child since about the time of the last century...

Old 09-29-2019, 03:03 PM

As of this post, The Twins are 307 to Yankees' 306 in the HR record final tally.

Both teams still on field in separate contests. Let's go!

Old 09-29-2019, 04:21 PM

Twins did it - beat the f------ Yankees for the HR record/title (all-time record of 307). And to top it off Judge saw his rookie HR record broken yesterday. Hopefully they don't use it as fuel for the series.

Old 09-29-2019, 07:41 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,391,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Twins did it - beat the f------ Yankees for the HR record/title (all-time record of 307). And to top it off Judge saw his rookie HR record broken yesterday. Hopefully they don't use it as fuel for the series.
The record is meaningless. Getting to the World Series is all that matters.

Old 09-29-2019, 07:52 PM

I don't think anyone is beating the Stros.

Old 09-30-2019, 06:21 AM

4,880 posts, read 6,947,131 times
Quote:
In the year of the "juiced superball" I'm thrilled that the Twins pulled out the record. If the major league powers that be go back to the old ball next year, this may be a record that never gets broken.

Any time "the best team than money can buy" gets bested, I'm happy.

For the record, I think the Astros are the best team in major league baseball (sorry Dodger fans). The best team player wise does not always win the world series. Baseball is a funny game. Often times games are won on pure luck such as line drives always being hit right at someone and weak grounders always finding holes.

Old 09-30-2019, 07:58 AM

3,816 posts, read 6,458,432 times
Quote:
None of this home run "bomba" foolishness matters now. I've been saying it all season. Now it's time to play real, championship caliber baseball. Solid defense, smart baserunning, timely hitting, and most of all.....good pitching. Fundamentals come to the forefront when it's all on the line. The Twins defense is their biggest weakness, especially on the left side of the infield.....and I really hope they don't think they're going to bash their way to a title, because that's not how it works in the playoffs. The Yankees will send them home again if they go into this series with that kind of mindset.

Old 09-30-2019, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmgg View Post
In the year of the "juiced superball" I'm thrilled that the Twins pulled out the record. If the major league powers that be go back to the old ball next year, this may be a record that never gets broken.

Any time "the best team than money can buy" gets bested, I'm happy.

For the record, I think the Astros are the best team in major league baseball (sorry Dodger fans). The best team player wise does not always win the world series. Baseball is a funny game. Often times games are won on pure luck such as line drives always being hit right at someone and weak grounders always finding holes.
But

Quote:
The dimensions for the ballpark are 339' to left; 377' to left field power alley; 404' to center; 367' to right field power alley; and 328' to right. The outfield walls are 8' from the left field foul pole to right center field and 23' from right center field to the right field foul pole.

comp to

Quote:
The dimensions of the new Stadium are identical to the old one: 314 feet down the right-field line; 385 to right-center; 408 to center field; 399 to left-center; and 314 down the left-field line. Trost said the Yankees might consider changes in 2010 to the first row behind the outfield fences.May 22, 2009

Yankees have a much smaller ballpark. But they must just hate that they got beat by flyover country Twins.

Old 09-30-2019, 08:39 AM

3,816 posts, read 6,458,432 times
Quote:
Yankees have a much smaller ballpark. But they must just hate that they got beat by flyover country Twins.
Actually, I seriously doubt they care. Have you seen the 27 world championships banner in that park? Pretty sure that's what matters to them, not some freekin' home run record. Gloat about it if it makes you feel better, but until the Twins best the Yanks in postseason it means exactly nothing to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul