Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2019, 09:33 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,100,810 times

Advertisements

Who Has More Long-Term Value, Miguel Sano or Byron Buxton? - Minnesota Twins - Articles - Homepage - Twins Daily All things considered - if they both stayed healthy - I think you go with Buxton. But the way Bux goes 110% all the time out there, how often will be injured?

Man we're sooooooo close to clinching I can taste it. Hopefully get it done in the next couple days.

Was surprised to see Cruz is only the third player in franchise history to hit the 40HR mark. IMO it makes what Dozier did a few years ago even more impressive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2019, 09:57 AM

4,880 posts, read 6,947,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Who Has More Long-Term Value, Miguel Sano or Byron Buxton? - Minnesota Twins - Articles - Homepage - Twins Daily All things considered - if they both stayed healthy - I think you go with Buxton. But the way Bux goes 110% all the time out there, how often will be injured?

Man we're sooooooo close to clinching I can taste it. Hopefully get it done in the next couple days.

Was surprised to see Cruz is only the third player in franchise history to hit the 40HR mark. IMO it makes what Dozier did a few years ago even more impressive.
The upside on Sano' is still pretty high. He can easily be what David Ortiz was for the Red Sox. At his home run rate he would have broken the single season MLB record had he played a full season. His power is off the charts. Buxton on the other side WHEN he's healthy is already playing at his peak. For these reasons, I'll take Sano'.

Don't get me wrong, I want both of them to stay Twins for years to come. The entire position player lineup they have needs very little tweaking. As everyone is in agreement about, it's the pitching staff that needs bolstering.

Dozier's all time home run record for 2nd basemen was one hell of an achievement. I loved him as a player and still hope that he does well for whoever he plays for. Schoop has been a fantastic (and maybe a bit lucky for the Twin's management) replacement for Dozier.

The Twins should have this thing nailed down now that we're not playing home games. We easily have the best road record in the major leagues. Just the opposite of the old "home sweet dome" days.

Old 09-25-2019, 10:00 PM

ALC Champs baby.

Now can look forward to getting smoked in PS...but at least we won sonething!

Old 09-26-2019, 06:31 AM

Quote:
ALC Champs baby.

Now can look forward to getting smoked in PS...but at least we won sonething!
We're most likely playing the Yankees. THIS year we match up with them very well. Both have some starting pitching woes and both have equal ability to score runs. Right now the bombas are tied with them. I like our chances to advance. They played right into our hands with them having home field advantage.

If or when we play Houston we're going to have to play out of our butts to beat them. Our best hope is that the wildcard winner gets lucky knocking them off.

I actually stayed up and waited the Indians/White Sox result so I could watch the locker room celebration. It feels sooooo good.

Old 09-26-2019, 06:49 AM

6,573 posts, read 7,169,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmgg View Post
We're most likely playing the Yankees. THIS year we match up with them very well. Both have some starting pitching woes and both have equal ability to score runs. Right now the bombas are tied with them. I like our chances to advance. They played right into our hands with them having home field advantage.

If or when we play Houston we're going to have to play out of our butts to beat them. Our best hope is that the wildcard winner gets lucky knocking them off.

I actually stayed up and waited the Indians/White Sox result so I could watch the locker room celebration. It feels sooooo good.
Only hockey players are the ones who do it correctly, no stupid goggles. Let me guess, they all wore them?

Old 09-26-2019, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wamer27 View Post
Only hockey players are the ones who do it correctly, no stupid goggles. Let me guess, they all wore them?
Everyone except Mitch Garver. Catcher's aren't into looking like you're a "pansy.

Old 09-26-2019, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wamer27 View Post
I was born and raised playing hockey so I'm always a little troubled by this sort of "we-won-it-all" celebration we see in the MLB.

You haven't won anything, boys. Granted I do give them probably more credit than the average person for winning division "titles" and whatnot, I still am leary about celebrating before the Big One.

Old 09-26-2019, 09:45 AM

413 posts, read 324,512 times
Quote:
I was born and raised playing hockey so I'm always a little troubled by this sort of "we-won-it-all" celebration we see in the MLB.

You haven't won anything, boys. Granted I do give them probably more credit than the average person for winning division "titles" and whatnot, I still am leary about celebrating before the Big One.
Agreed. Until you've won the league pennant, celebrations are meaningless.

Old 09-26-2019, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinsFan1975 View Post
Agreed. Until you've won the league pennant, celebrations are meaningless.

Little celebrations in life are better than no celebrations.

Heck, it's time to celebrate again. Twins just defeated the Tigers 10 - 4 as I type this and have hit home run numbers 300 and 301 to overtake the Yankees. New rookie pitcher Jorge Ocula (sp) for the Twins just recorded his first major league strikeout in the 9th and the victim was none other than Miguel Cabrera.

Might as well polish off that leftover fun juice from last night.

Old 09-27-2019, 09:55 PM

Randy Dobnak Is More Than a Great Story - Minnesota Twins - Articles - Homepage - Twins Daily
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul