Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2019, 08:10 PM

35,002 posts, read 16,964,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2x3x29x41 View Post
It's time to revisit this load of incoherent nonsense.

Frankly, I'm impressed at the level of delusion that was required to think that it was, to quote you, likely that the judge would reject the verdict. But let's just pause and think about this for a moment. Never before in the history of Minnesota has a law enforcement officer been convicted of an on-duty killing. ***********
* - Excluding, of course, the single instance in state history of a brown LEO killing a white person.
Moving on, we see that the sentence is right on par with the crime. Twelve and a half years is the recommended sentence under state sentencing guidelines. So not only did your delusional fantasy of a set-aside verdict not come true, but there was no leniency on the part of this judge. But wait. This may be a typical sentence, but that is only for all sentences as a whole. **************
For those with reading comprehension issues, there is nothing in this post that expresses disagreement with either Noor's conviction nor the sentence. I unequivocally support both. But then, my support for convicting and sentencing murderers who wear uniforms didn't suddenly spring out of nowhere when this case arose.

On one final note, I'd like to comment on your puerile "People's Republic of Minnesota" comment. It follows from that that you think communists were notably lenient when it came to Muslims and/or religious minorities. One can only wonder if your understanding of international communism is that laughable, or if "Commie!" is just an all-purpose invective that you use, not matter how inane the context. I suspect the answer is 'both'.
My post was brief. You subject me to personal attacks. This post itself is a "load of incoherent nonsense." From all appearances there was nothing threatening in the Australian woman's demeanor. You say you don't criticize the verdict but the implication is that a "brown" LEO was treated more harshly than white ones. Most of the other police killings, such as Fergeson and Chicago, occur in neighborhoods and situations that are themselves threatening. The Minneapolis killing by Mohamed Noor was not in the context of a threatening situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2019, 07:21 AM

64 posts, read 40,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2x3x29x41 View Post
It's time to revisit this load of incoherent nonsense.

Frankly, I'm impressed at the level of delusion that was required to think that it was, to quote you, likely that the judge would reject the verdict. But let's just pause and think about this for a moment. Never before in the history of Minnesota has a law enforcement officer been convicted of an on-duty killing. Now, I realize that the lickspittle authority stooges are naive enough to think that every single* killing by a Minnesota LEO was justified. But that speaks to nothing but their own fawning obsequiousness to anyone wearing a uniform. Yet, somehow, people such as yourself are upset at... what again? Let me repeat: never before this case has a Minnesota LEO been held accountable for an on-duty killing. Oh, now I remember! You're upset that this verdict was likely to be rejected! Except it wasn't rejected. And that was never likely. You have to invent something to be upset over.
* - Excluding, of course, the single instance in state history of a brown LEO killing a white person.

On a national scale, since 2005 thru March of this year, precisely 98 nonfederal LEOs were charged with a crime related to an on-duty killing. This is from ~1000 such killings annually (there were 986 in 2017, including that of Justine Diamond by Noor), so the total from that period far exceeds 10,000. How many were ever convicted of a crime? 35. That's right, barely a third. And those include lesser charges other than murder, and also include convictions that were later overturned. In this article are links to the data:
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk/...t-rule-n982741

In other words, right now Minnesota is way ahead of the curve in charging Noor, convicting Noor, and sentencing him appropriately. But, again, you're bent out of shape over... well, things you make up. Because you have no actual reality to be upset over, and you really want to be upset over something.

Moving on, we see that the sentence is right on par with the crime. Twelve and a half years is the recommended sentence under state sentencing guidelines. So not only did your delusional fantasy of a set-aside verdict not come true, but there was no leniency on the part of this judge. But wait. This may be a typical sentence, but that is only for all sentences as a whole. When LEOs are (very rarely) sentenced, leniency is the norm. CPD office Jason Van Dyke shot a young black man who was walking away from him. He shot him nine times. In the back. Some while the man was laying on the ground, face down. Other officers on the scene reported there was no need for the use of force. None of them fired their own weapons. Van Dyke got a mere eight and a half years.
https://theappeal.org/chicago-cops-s...ionally-short/

Culpeper, West Virginia, office Daniel Harmon-Wright fired five shots into Patricia Ann Cook's vehicle as she drove away, murdering her. One went into the back of her head. Another severed her spine. He served 36 months. Jail, not prison.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...=.eba2c8b8ac82
https://www.nbc29.com/story/29778912...ased-from-jail

Bella Vista, Arkansas, officer Coleman Brackney shot a man six times. The Arkansas State Police determined that the final killing shot came as the man was surrendering. He pled down to negligent homicide, a misdemeanor, and got a 30-day sentence and a $1000 fine. Oh... and now he's a police chief.
https://arktimes.com/arkansas-blog/2...ys-for-killing
https://5newsonline.com/2013/03/26/o...-police-chief/

I could go on and on. Here's a comprehensive study of the lenience of convicted LEOs:
https://dlj.law.duke.edu/2017/06/the...lice-officers/

Frankly, it's obvious that you're unhappy. The conviction left you nothing to be outraged about, so you made up a fairytale about how likely it was that the judge would set aside the verdict, just so you could be unhappy about that. On some level, you knew that was in fact very unlikely, so you made up another fairytale, this one about the verdict being overturned on appeal, since the appeals process will take years and you can spend those years bleating about how 'likely' it supposedly is. And I have no doubt that if it isn't overturned, you'll be upset. Upset that, once again, your nonsensical predictions failed to come true. Upset that your silly caricature of Minnesota is revealed for the nonsense that it is.

For those with reading comprehension issues, there is nothing in this post that expresses disagreement with either Noor's conviction nor the sentence. I unequivocally support both. But then, my support for convicting and sentencing murderers who wear uniforms didn't suddenly spring out of nowhere when this case arose.

On one final note, I'd like to comment on your puerile "People's Republic of Minnesota" comment. It follows from that that you think communists were notably lenient when it came to Muslims and/or religious minorities. One can only wonder if your understanding of international communism is that laughable, or if "Commie!" is just an all-purpose invective that you use, not matter how inane the context. I suspect the answer is 'both'.
Dude, you are spreading pearls before racist swine.

Old 06-10-2019, 07:27 AM

35,002 posts, read 16,964,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by faranbrygo View Post
Why do you and others persist in ignoring a cultural chasm between American culture and that of Somali immigrants?

Old 06-10-2019, 07:31 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,721,455 times
Quote:
Are you even in Minnesota????

Old 06-10-2019, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Why do you and others persist in ignoring a cultural chasm between American culture and that of Somali immigrants?
I find the cultural chasm between people like myself and your boys in Detroit a little more worrisome.

Old 06-10-2019, 11:11 AM

413 posts, read 323,277 times
Quote:

You and your fellow alt lefties have thrown that word around so much that it has ceased to have any further shock value. But hey, you just keep "you're a racist"ing away, AryanBro.

Old 06-11-2019, 06:36 AM

12,038 posts, read 8,403,014 times
AryanBro?

I thought that was good ol' Byron from Fargo.

Old 06-11-2019, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar View Post
AryanBro?

That's what he wants you to think.

He's the scariest type of leftist. The one who tries to dehumanize people who do not share his political views by calling them names like "swine". The Nazis in Germany did the exact same thing to Jews during the Hitler era which in turn, made it easier for the average person to see those folks as less than human. And we know what happened from there.

Old 06-11-2019, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar View Post
AryanBro?

Ever since TwinsFan there found out I was a Jew, they delight in following me around and posting the "clever" bastardization of my screen name. I guess it's a way to insult, harass, and denigrate me without completely breaking the TOS.

Your guess is almost spot on, BTW.

Also, apparently, that poster has never heard of the expression "pearls before swine", among many other things.

Old 06-11-2019, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Ever since TwinsFan there found out I was a Jew, they delight in following me around and posting the "clever" bastardization of my screen name. I guess it's a way to insult, harass, and denigrate me without completely breaking the TOS.

Your guess is almost spot on, BTW.

Also, apparently, that poster has never heard of the expression "pearls before swine", among many other things.
And within 10 minutes, there you are. Time to go to work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul