Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2011, 06:41 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,379,554 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrmbk15947 View Post
Love the info. My kids would love this stuff and outdoor activities!

We actually did check out Rosemount and wanted to like it after everything I've read about on this board. However, it seemed so quiet and rural almost. Granted we didn't spend much time there, but that was my feel. The neighborhoods were pretty though. Just thinking we want something with more action.

I appreciate all the info on the area I can get. Trying to pick a place to live from quick visits is so difficult!
Don't feel obligated to like Rosemount. Everything you are reading on this board is essentially coming from one person's biased opinion. My opinion of the place is consistent with what you saw.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2011, 06:50 PM

20,793 posts, read 61,323,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slig View Post
Don't feel obligated to like Rosemount. Everything you are reading on this board is essentially coming from one person's biased opinion. My opinion of the place is consistent with what you saw.
Yep and that is what makes it so great to live her, fantastic sense of community, quite, safe, no traffic, but everything you need is just a mile down the road--best of both worlds .

Old 11-20-2011, 07:26 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,379,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgal View Post
Yep and that is what makes it so great to live her, fantastic sense of community, quite, safe, no traffic, but everything you need is just a mile down the road--best of both worlds .
Yeah, I'm sure it's fine if that's what you're looking for, although I wouldn't consider it a unique set-up since a nearly identical situation could be found in a dozen other places in the metropolitan area. I'm also not nearly as keen as you are on the Apple Valley shopping area.

Old 11-20-2011, 08:29 PM
HKB

221 posts, read 803,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgal View Post
Nope, not at all and Apple Valley, just a mile down the road, has everything you need for shopping-all in one spot, unlike Woodbury which is spread all over the place.
You're right. Apple Valley has all of the shopping in one spot, which is why Cedar Avenue and the surrounding area is such a complete clusterf**k to drive. Woodbury basically has 3 distinct shopping areas (Tamarack, Valley Creek, and Woodbury Lakes/County Road 19), and each one is big enough to have everything you need. It's nice because not everyone in the city and surrounding area is converging on the same place.

Woodbury's city planners have done a very good job, and continue to do so. If you want to see a city with very poor planning and things just thrown up haphazardly, take a look at Cottage Grove sometime.

Old 11-22-2011, 12:54 PM

70 posts, read 120,335 times
I would make a suggestion that you could come and visit for a few days if you can and try the drive yourself from the different areas to your destinations and see how it goes. Due dilligence is important, if you are going to make a long term investment in an area you really need to know first hand what you are up against.

Last edited by WendyRLee; 11-22-2011 at 12:57 PM.. Reason: typo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul