Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2011, 10:53 AM

14,773 posts, read 21,512,862 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside38 View Post
I'll be sure to imperiously drive my SUV one mile from my cookie-cutter house in a neighborhood with no sidewalks to buy the milk and cookies at Walmart.
I'd actually prefer Super Target Wal-Mart milk well ruin your day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2011, 11:26 AM

14 posts, read 32,784 times
Our price range is 500-600K and we looked all over Eagan. I actually really liked it there. All the new housing developments, though, are bought up. Same for Apple Valley A new house is just more appealing to us at this point in our lives.

I think it is interesting that people generally love or hate Woodbury. I guess it is what a person is familiar with? I like the homes people label cookie cutter and new the growth.

Thank you all so much for your discussion and insight on the commute!

Old 11-20-2011, 11:33 AM

20,793 posts, read 61,328,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrmbk15947 View Post
Our price range is 500-600K and we looked all over Eagan. I actually really liked it there. All the new housing developments, though, are bought up. Same for Apple Valley A new house is just more appealing to us at this point in our lives.

I think it is interesting that people generally love or hate Woodbury. I guess it is what a person is familiar with? I like the homes people label cookie cutter and new the growth.

Thank you all so much for your discussion and insight on the commute!
Check out Rosemount. There are several developments going up with houses in that price range. You would probably have to contract to have your own house built but then you would get what you want.

Old 11-20-2011, 02:50 PM

No need to check out Rosemount she's done her research and she likes Woodbury

Old 11-20-2011, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarley_1LOVE View Post
No need to check out Rosemount she's done her research and she likes Woodbury
But she is still very concerned about the commute, which to those spots from Woodbury is not going to be easy.

Old 11-20-2011, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgal View Post
But she is still very concerned about the commute, which to those spots from Woodbury is not going to be easy.
In Rosemount it just seems like it'll be tough to get to a freeway. Plus Woodbury has more shopping

Old 11-20-2011, 03:30 PM

Quote:
In Rosemount it just seems like it'll be tough to get to a freeway. Plus Woodbury has more shopping
Nope, not at all and Apple Valley, just a mile down the road, has everything you need for shopping-all in one spot, unlike Woodbury which is spread all over the place. Again, Woodbury is fine, it's just not a fun place to commute from because of lack of options when the road backs up. There are other places that will give easier commutes to the U of M, Edina and Burnsville that are equally as nice. Her commute from Rosemount or Apple Valley would be shorter to all three of those spots.

Old 11-20-2011, 04:11 PM

You could get to any of Woodbury's shopping areas quicker than going from Rosemount to Apple Valley. Plus the Woodbury commute really isn't that bad. Plus Woodburys schools are much better than Rosemount, Woodbury is very family friendly with many parks. Durring winter your a short drive from Afton alps if you want to ski or snowboard. Summer you could go to Carver lake beach, Lake Saint Croix Beach and Lake Elmo State park.

Central Park in Woodbury is my personal favorite. It is a Indoor park you can enjoy all year long
Central Park

Video Tour of Central Park, Woodbury, MN - Walking Path - YouTube

In Woodbury your also very close to Downtown Saint Paul and Downtown Stillwater for a nice place to spend the day. Also whats nice about Woodbury is that its right off of 94 and 494 two very important freeways in the Metro

Old 11-20-2011, 06:09 PM

14 posts, read 32,784 times
Quote:
You could get to any of Woodbury's shopping areas quicker than going from Rosemount to Apple Valley. Plus the Woodbury commute really isn't that bad. Plus Woodburys schools are much better than Rosemount, Woodbury is very family friendly with many parks. Durring winter your a short drive from Afton alps if you want to ski or snowboard. Summer you could go to Carver lake beach, Lake Saint Croix Beach and Lake Elmo State park.

Central Park in Woodbury is my personal favorite. It is a Indoor park you can enjoy all year long
Central Park

Video Tour of Central Park, Woodbury, MN - Walking Path - YouTube

In Woodbury your also very close to Downtown Saint Paul and Downtown Stillwater for a nice place to spend the day. Also whats nice about Woodbury is that its right off of 94 and 494 two very important freeways in the Metro
Love the info. My kids would love this stuff and outdoor activities!

We actually did check out Rosemount and wanted to like it after everything I've read about on this board. However, it seemed so quiet and rural almost. Granted we didn't spend much time there, but that was my feel. The neighborhoods were pretty though. Just thinking we want something with more action.

I appreciate all the info on the area I can get. Trying to pick a place to live from quick visits is so difficult!

Old 11-20-2011, 06:15 PM

332 posts, read 822,455 times
Central park, YMCA and the public library are all in one big building. Good spot. Lots of parking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul