Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 06:24 AM

1,936 posts, read 5,835,015 times

Advertisements

It does seem like most of the local Indian population is concentrated around the 494 loop (Bloomington, Edina, Maple Grove, possibly St. Louis Park?).

There are other locations that would be a lot closer to your work, and, although there might not be as many Asian Indian families, would be diverse areas. Fridley, MN has a good amount of diversity for MN suburbs standards, as does Columbia Heights, MN. Neighborhoods in the northern tip of Minneapolis (Shingle Creek, Lind Bohanon, Victory, etc.) might be good ones to check out as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2011, 06:09 AM

987 posts, read 3,819,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaycat View Post
We have a two month old, so we are not that particular about school districts.
You should. In Minnesota Early Childhood Family Education (ECFE) starts at childbirth. Mine started in Hopkins district ECFE when he was 6 months old.

It was a great program and we had a great mix of South Asian, Asian, East African, and a few other hard to define mixed race students.

Old 02-10-2011, 07:08 PM

3 posts, read 3,761 times
Hello, I am anglo Indian and my hubby is Indian. Would love to help you or show you around. Lashaji@msn.com

Old 09-08-2011, 07:03 PM

1 posts, read 1,598 times
We are an indian couple moving to Minneapolis from Rhode Island and will be working with Medtronicsat central avenue northeast. I m looking for close and near by apartments with some indian community around , can anyone suggest what areas will be good, having indian restaurants , temples grocery shops, theatres etc,

Old 01-27-2012, 06:16 PM

1 posts, read 1,477 times
Default Moving to Edina, MN

Hi,
Me and my wife moving to this area (7550 France Avenue S. Edina, MN 55435), we don't know much about this city. Can someone form this forum help us to find a good apartment in Indian community.

Old 01-28-2012, 10:43 PM

5,509 posts, read 11,883,459 times
^All I can say is that I lived in a building called "Edina Towers" 10 blocks north of that address at Barrie Rd and 65th St. and it was maybe 25%-40% Indian at the time (a year ago). The area you gave me also has a lot of apartments/condos with what seems like a large Indian population. Edina is a pretty conservative, mostly white, rich community with excellent schools, lots of business, great proximity to the cities, but pretty tight-knit socially if you don't fit in with your part of the community. Check it out first and see if you find a community that fits you.

Old 12-19-2014, 12:15 AM

1 posts, read 764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Min-Chi-Cbus View Post
I currently live in an apartment building in Edina that's got to be at least 25%-35% Asian Indian, and parts of Edina near France Ave have higher Asian Indian populations (Edina has an excellent school district). Eden Prairie also has a sizeable Asian Indian population I hear, and I also hear Maple Grove and Plymouth are becoming moreso as well (MG or Plymouth are also a good 20 minutes or so closer to Wyoming, MN than Edina or EP.

Hope this helps some.

Can you please share the name of this apartment complex. We are an Asian indian family moving to Edina shortly.
Thanks for your help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul