Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2010, 08:37 PM

4 posts, read 6,221 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFSista View Post
I am moving out of MN soon, but IMO, going east towards Minnehaha Parkway/Lake Street Bridge are pretty good areas to live. I live on 33rd Ave South, and like it very much. Quiet, friendly, nobody really bothers anyone and just about everyone works. I also have lived on 28th Avenue South and 46th Avenue South with similar neighborhood settings. These areas seem to have a good mix of businesses and homes and not too much in the way of crime happening. Anyone may correct me if I'm wrong, but again, these are just my opinions from personal experience living in these areas.
I spent most of my youth split between Bellflower, Laguna & built planes for Douglas in Long Beach many moons ago. I'll give you the good and bad together. My first winter I lived just outside of Minneapolis (-30 below WC) burr! So first read "Bring Warm Clothes". I agree Longfellow is a great old neighborhood. Another one I personally like is by the Ford Plant area. My sister-in-law and her husband lived there and it should be relatively easy to pick up a 2 bedroom apartment while you are looking for more permanent housing. I highly recommend that you scope out ANY neighborhood you are interested. You'll soon discover taking a place a few blocks one way or another could save you a bundle while still getting you into a good school system. Things seem to be changing rapidly. Something else to consider is transportation. Many use both bike trails and the bus system is fair. Like LA the tire industry killed the Tram & Rail systems but Rail is comming back. Like most places the anal retentive rule just ask around every one has at least one favorite story about a City Official and if you're buying watch out for those beauties in places like Saint Louis Park (they rival those who tried ripping down The Watts Towers just outside of LA). If you haven't figured it out yet their are only the two season: Winter and Road Construction. Just remember relax & be more careful than good and welcome to the land of "Woebegone" love and peace all ways. OPnYDe
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2010, 03:10 PM

1,105 posts, read 2,304,576 times
what are the boundaries of the Victory Memorial neighborhood?

Old 11-21-2010, 10:56 PM

1,935 posts, read 5,832,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angorlee View Post
what are the boundaries of the Victory Memorial neighborhood?
Dowling Avenue on the south, Victory Memorial Parkway (/city limits) to the west, Canadian Pacific Railroad on the north (Ryan Lake and Victory Dog Park and Prairie are park areas just south of this in the Victory Neighborhood), and Newton Avenue North/ Crystal Lake Cemetary on the east.

Victory Neighborhood - the official website of the Victory Neighorhood Association in Minneapolis, Minnesota
Victory - Minneapolis Neighborhood Profile

Old 11-22-2010, 01:42 AM

16 posts, read 44,332 times
Camden,

Where is the "Victory Dog Park & Prairie" located ? Somewhere by the Flagpole or by Ryan's Lake Dock ? I can't remember since i've lived there, where there would be enough room. This is the 1st time i've heard of this, and i think it's a wonderful idea. Wish all communities had at least one. (Lab Owner)

Old 11-22-2010, 03:30 AM

1,935 posts, read 5,832,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Northsider View Post
Camden,

Where is the "Victory Dog Park & Prairie" located ? Somewhere by the Flagpole or by Ryan's Lake Dock ? I can't remember since i've lived there, where there would be enough room. This is the 1st time i've heard of this, and i think it's a wonderful idea. Wish all communities had at least one. (Lab Owner)
It is a great amenity for the area. The name I used is technically incorrect- the "Victory Prairie Off-Leash Recreation Area" (correct name) is new to the area as of this summer and is east of Osseo Road, west of Russell, north of 47th, and south of the RR- here's a map/info (the western border extends to Osseo to my knowledge, however): Minneapolis Park & Recreation Board - Park Detail

Old 11-22-2010, 04:15 PM

28 posts, read 89,761 times
live in Humboldt Heights, just north of Camden, and love it (live in the home my folks built in 1962). There are great new SFHs along the Humboldt Parkway development; also love Highland Park, referred to by another poster as the 'Ford Plant' area, but it might be hard to find affordable SFHs in that area.

Old 11-27-2010, 08:29 AM

2 posts, read 3,036 times
Depends what you are looking for in a community.

I live in Jordan where I purchased a very nice foreclosure several years ago for a song. If you are looking for a property investment on a budget, this community can't be beat and they have Teacher Next Door packages available to dramatically reduce your purchasing costs even lower.

Many consider my neighborhood to be the worst crime areas, but things are getting progressively better. The community is changing with a lot of progressive owner occupants moving in. Aside from occasional neighborhood dramas we have not experienced any crime directed at us (the dwindling amount of thugs seem to target one another).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul