Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 05:48 PM

5,544 posts, read 8,327,144 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by macjr82 View Post
^^^

Were you in the Marines? I've seen CID and NCIS assist with clearances. On recruiting duty these seemingly random people showed up to interview my applicants that seemed licensed/contracted
macj

funny you say that. I was an Army Ordnance Officer and our command was supported by the Navy when this occurred. So maybe it was CID after all. Now the Army unit from GA supports us.

good pick up.

Point is OP, do your best to get things worked out. May be a problem with TS but you might make it through with Secret if you make sincere efforts to correct the problem
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2015, 04:33 AM

1 posts, read 521 times
My husband is a good recruiter of 10 years. He is due to renew his security clearance. We have had some credit issues lately but we are payin them now. Will this stop his security clearance?

Old 04-10-2015, 06:36 AM

3,536 posts, read 12,342,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northerner916 View Post
I am interested in pretty much all the branches; however, I don't know what type of job I would go for. I probably am getting ahead of myself but I heard that the smaller branches like USAF or the Coast Guard require everyone to get a security clearance. I don't want to waste anyone's time if I can't even get a clearance.
You do need to worry more about getting in. You are not eligible to join the Air Force with a foreclosure. You need a waiver. Sometimes you can get approved for a waiver, sometimes not. You should have zero issues getting a clearance if you can explain the foreclosure and you're not a current risk. Getting in is a whole other story.

Old 04-10-2015, 06:37 AM

3,536 posts, read 12,342,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy place View Post
My husband is a good recruiter of 10 years. He is due to renew his security clearance. We have had some credit issues lately but we are payin them now. Will this stop his security clearance?
Probably not unless they are severe issues. It can stop him from remaining a recruiter when they decide to keep him on for another tour, so you should get on top of correcting it.

Old 04-12-2015, 01:13 PM

301 posts, read 296,396 times
I worked very closely with the people that process security clearances. My information is a little dated but, but it should still be good.

You will have to list the foreclosure on your paperwork. Be 100% honest. Having a foreclosure will warrant a closer look at your finances. Many times it is easy to see that one or two forced PCSs can cause a foreclosure, especially due to the recession and the housing market collapse.

Before about 2005, it would have been a big hit and likely would be cause for denial for his security clearance. However, they started having so many, that the AF made a big deal training the people looking over the forms. If it looks like you fought to pay your bills and that was the only way out and that the foreclosure was related to a PCS or Permanent Change of Stats, likely it will not be that big of a deal. His clearance should be renewed without any problems. Where you can run into trouble is if you started writing bad checks and missing payments at the same time this happened. Now this can show a pattern that you don't know what to do when you get into trouble (even though it might not be your fault) but you didn't seek help with the various base agencies. It still doesn't mean it will be a failure, just means it could be.

But bottom line - be honest and list everything. They are going to know it anyway, so it is better for you to put it down.

Finally, - It also depends on what type of clearance he is renewing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues