Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 05:10 PM

364 posts, read 878,055 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by putman View Post
I lived in the Norther part of MI from the late 70s to 2008 and I was there this Memorial day weekend. IT WAS DEAD. I don't know what you call dead but it was dead. I drove from Detroit on I75 Friday night and there was never and I mean NEVER any more than several cars behind and in front of me. I went to Mac city and there was only 6 people in the crossing and less on Main st. I was in the light house park and we were alone, I went to North Port and the town was and trafic was empey. I don't know what you call busy but it was not in any sense of the word busy. Is it that bad that you have deluded yourself as to how bad tourism is? I worked all over North MI for over twenty years including the 90s and trafic on I75 never stopped. At times you could not get on to go to Gaylord, you had to take Old 27, and it was empty this MD weekend. Face up to what is going on.
It seems by your posts you feel you must bash Michigan as much as possible and you must REALLY bash those who are positive about Michigan. Must make you very uneasy when people say positive things about MI because your hate is very transparent. All you have to do is look at your posts. ALL they are is bashing MI or snapping at someone who says something positive about Michigan, with a little Florida advertising in there as well. That is what ALL of your posts are. So enjoy living in Florida! We dont want you back! Ive heard plenty of things about the horrible economy in Florida right now, and I witnessed some of them personally when I visited a friend down there recently. Their unemployment rate is 12% to Michigans 14%. Enjoy the overwhelming heat and humidity, enjoy the hurricanes and oil-soaked beaches The overexaggerated picture of depression you so desperately try to paint about MI is probably just a reflection of Florida lol.

As for your above comment about being in MI for Memorial Day. I cant say as I stayed in southeast Michigan, where the rivers and lakes were absolutely inundated with boats and people were outside at parks, and bbqing everywhere. But Labor Day 2009 I went up north and this was the traffic I was in for hours. For you to say there was no traffic is an absolute lie unless by "Friday night" you mean 3 a.m. Saturday morning. And FWIW the economy was in worse shape in September 2009 than it is in June 2010.

Last edited by michsnowlvr; 06-14-2010 at 05:45 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2010, 05:35 PM

4,120 posts, read 8,903,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michsnowlvr View Post
It seems by your posts you feel you must bash Michigan as much as possible and you must REALLY bash those who are positive about Michigan. Must make you very uneasy when people say positive things about MI because your hate is very transparent. All you have to do is look at your posts. ALL they are is bashing MI or snapping at someone who says something positive about Michigan, with a little Florida advertising in there as well. That is what ALL of your posts are. So enjoy living in Florida! We dont want you back! Ive heard plenty of things about the horrible economy in Florida right now, and I witnessed some of them personally when I visited a friend down there recently. Their unemployment rate is 12% to Michigans 14%. Enjoy the overwhelming heat and humidity, enjoy the hurricanes and oil-soaked beaches The overexaggerated picture of depression you so desperately try to paint about MI is probably just a reflection of Florida lol.

As for your above comment about being in MI for Memorial Day. I cant say as I stayed in southeast Michigan, where the boats and lakes were absolutely inundated with boats and people were outside at parks, and bbqing everywhere. But Labor Day 2009 I went up north and this was the traffic I was in for hours. For you to say there was no traffic is an absolute lie unless by "Friday night" you mean 3 a.m. Saturday morning. And FWIW the economy was in worse shape in September 2009 than it is in June 2010.
Thats exactly how it looked on I75 last Memorial weekend. Luckily I avoid it like the plaque and take the road less traveled. At first I thought that was a picture of a Florida HWY before a hurricane. And no....I am not stooping to plutmans level of bashing any of our great states.

Old 06-14-2010, 07:15 PM

4,861 posts, read 9,314,380 times
Quote:
Its not that I care, if you like MI thats fine enjoy, its the lies, I drove on I75 friday, I was there in Petoskey and TC and the traffic was non existant compared to four years ago. I watched as people like you said four years ago that this was just a small hicup in the housing market and things were turning around nicely, they hurt a lot of people that bought this crap and waited. I did not listen I sold out and I have family who listened to this crap and have homes worth 80% less then if they would have been told the truth. Its like religious people saying what does it hurt for us to believe, well when you spew your crap and try to get others to gulp down the kool aid jim jones it hurts many other people who do not have the critical thinking skills to do so for themself.
I see. Well, FWIW, I didn't personally say anything of the kind four years ago or four days ago. I just never said it at all. I believe that people just have to roll with what life deals them, because really, what else can we do?

I think that your comments about religion are very telling and I am sorry that you are hurting so much and full of so much anger. I truly am. I pray that you will somehow find happiness and inner peace very soon. I am dropping out of all of this at this point, because there is no point in continuing to have this discussion when you and I come from such drastically different world views. Have a very wonderful evening.

Old 06-14-2010, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Its not that I care, if you like MI thats fine enjoy, its the lies, I drove on I75 friday, I was there in Petoskey and TC and the traffic was non existant compared to four years ago. I watched as people like you said four years ago that this was just a small hicup in the housing market and things were turning around nicely, they hurt a lot of people that bought this crap and waited. I did not listen I sold out and I have family who listened to this crap and have homes worth 80% less then if they would have been told the truth. Its like religious people saying what does it hurt for us to believe, well when you spew your crap and try to get others to gulp down the kool aid jim jones it hurts many other people who do not have the critical thinking skills to do so for themself.
Now its beginning to show. You are mad at the housing market. If we all tell you Michigan sucks and is void of any life...will you go away? Im sure there are other people on other state forums who like their state also. How dare they...you should give them hell for that.

Old 06-14-2010, 07:21 PM

970 posts, read 2,969,577 times
If you think about it, Detroit's problems are just amplified versions of Michigan's problems. Increasing crime, blight and a rapidly decreasing tax base. Many cities in Michigan are already seeing those problems.

Old 06-14-2010, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remisc View Post
If you think about it, Detroit's problems are just amplified versions of Michigan's problems. Increasing crime, blight and a rapidly decreasing tax base. Many cities in Michigan are already seeing those problems.
Oh goody...another one.

Old 06-14-2010, 09:03 PM

9,471 posts, read 10,812,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remisc View Post

I live in the middle of the state and my town is not blighted, and none of the towns around me are. Detroit itself is a sewer, but its suburbs still thirve. Flint is a sewer, but it also has healthier suburbs. The same thing is true of Saginaw, Benton Harbor and any other decayed areas in our state. Michigans dead cities are contained, and the vast majority of the state is clean and safe. You are not correct when you say the whole state has similar issues to Detroit. Detroit is the way it is because the people who live there allowed it to be that way. I get sick of hearing people describe Michigan and Detroit as if they were one. They are not.

Old 06-15-2010, 06:12 AM

8,733 posts, read 15,945,731 times
Maybe its time to kill this entire thread instead of slect posts. It has been infected to the point that most posts are a waste of everyones time.

Old 06-15-2010, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darstar View Post
Maybe its time to kill this entire thread instead of slect posts. It has been infected to the point that most posts are a waste of everyones time.
Yup...this guy has an agenda, and is gonna ruin all posts. Too bad

Old 06-15-2010, 11:16 AM

8,733 posts, read 15,945,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michmoldman View Post
Yup...this guy has an agenda, and is gonna ruin all posts. Too bad
He keeps beating on you, they keep deleting his posts, he keeps coming back, just like the Eveready Bunny. The price we pay for fame ? LOL

City-Data is not the only threads out here that has this problem. I joined the snowplow group Forum last winter....man were they hostile ! I was told to go away and never come back , cause I was too Liberal....Different circumstances, in reverse, but same effect, or somthing like that. I went away....don't need the grief that much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan