Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 12:47 PM

1,217 posts, read 3,275,474 times

Advertisements

My wife and I considered moving to Arizona. We went out there last spring to check it out. I did not care for it as much as my family liked it. Anyway I personally know several people who moved there from Michigan, and when we were out there I ran into a ton of Michigan transplants. I wore my Black/Red/White Wings jersey out there as well as my Yzerman jersey. People were screaming GO WINGS!!! at me everywhere I went, and at least a dozen people or so came up to me, or struck up conversations with me about the Wings, Michigan etc. So I'd say there are a lot there. Also if you go to the Arizona forum you'll see a lot of people from here asking about good places to live there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2009, 01:02 PM
YAZ

7,706 posts, read 14,083,430 times
We went to a Tigers' game last year at Chase Field.

Also saw the Lions lose to the Cardinals twice out here.

Missed the Wings though.

JGatti, glad to see that you're wearin' that Yzerman sweater proudly.

FYI, Kirk Gibson is the D-Backs bench coach, and Bob Melvin is the mgr.

Tony "the tiger" Clark is out here too.

Wings will beat the Ducks in five....

Old 04-29-2009, 01:14 PM

222 posts, read 810,977 times
Default Map of Where Michiganders are Going

The map in the link below does not give specific counties in Florida where people from Michigan move to, but it does give a national picture: most seem to be going to Florida, Texas, Arizona and California. Not many heading to the Plains where unemployment rates are still low.

Leaving Michigan Behind: Eight-year population exodus staggers state

Old 04-29-2009, 01:23 PM

140 posts, read 459,277 times
I so wish we had friends to play euchre with!!! Who knows, maybe with so many Michiganders relocating, soon the whole world will know the game!!

Old 04-29-2009, 01:28 PM

1,217 posts, read 3,275,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
We went to a Tigers' game last year at Chase Field.

Also saw the Lions lose to the Cardinals twice out here.

Missed the Wings though.

JGatti, glad to see that you're wearin' that Yzerman sweater proudly.

FYI, Kirk Gibson is the D-Backs bench coach, and Bob Melvin is the mgr.

Tony "the tiger" Clark is out here too.

Wings will beat the Ducks in five....
Crazy as it might sound, that is one thing that creeps into my mind. No more trip down to the ball park, no more Wings for just about every game on TV without paying for it. Hating on the Lions. We used to have the Supercross here every year but they screwed us out of it. We still have the the outdoor race at RedBud but that's so damn far to go. Oh how could I have left out my Wolverines? Hate the Spartans but do cheer em when Michigan is down and out. Detroit may be a hole, but it is a GREAT sports town.
WINGS IN 5? I'll go with that.

Old 04-29-2009, 01:46 PM

837 posts, read 2,334,428 times

Old 04-29-2009, 02:11 PM
YAZ

7,706 posts, read 14,083,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGatti View Post
Crazy as it might sound, that is one thing that creeps into my mind. No more trip down to the ball park, no more Wings for just about every game on TV without paying for it. Hating on the Lions. We used to have the Supercross here every year but they screwed us out of it. We still have the the outdoor race at RedBud but that's so damn far to go. Oh how could I have left out my Wolverines? Hate the Spartans but do cheer em when Michigan is down and out. Detroit may be a hole, but it is a GREAT sports town.
WINGS IN 5? I'll go with that.

CBC channel 9 is not available out here, so.....no Hockey Night in Canada.... Not on our cable co's plan.

We get Jets games....er...I mean Coyotes games. Not good.

Not very many Tigers' games are broadcast on ESPN, but I catch 'em when I can. I could pay to watch 'em but being in a different time zone squashes that idea. The game would be almost over by the time I get home.

I listen to the Lions on satellite radio. 10:00 am kickoff here usually. Kinda weird. Of course, we get the Thanksgiving game. That starts at 10:30 am (we don't change the clocks out here for daylight savings).

Half of the time we'll get Wolverine football on Saturdays. Again, ifya wanna watch 'em, ya gotta do your Saturday chores in the afternoon.

It's mostly Pac 10 football out here, and it's pretty good.

The stadiums out here are great. Retractable roofs, real grass, etc.

But there's something to be said about sitting hip to hip on a bench in Michigan Stadium on a crisp October afternoon. And tailgaiting...and the pee troughs....

Old 04-29-2009, 03:25 PM

198 posts, read 508,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermom0204 View Post
I so wish we had friends to play euchre with!!! Who knows, maybe with so many Michiganders relocating, soon the whole world will know the game!!

After the invention of the automobile so many years ago; euchre may turn out to be Michigan's next great gift to the world!

Old 04-29-2009, 03:42 PM

220 posts, read 744,595 times
My wife and I (both MI natives) moved to Chicagoland in 2002 after college.

It was mainly the greater job prospects for my career.

Old 04-29-2009, 06:13 PM

2,785 posts, read 6,631,303 times
In my office there are about 13 people that I know of from Michigan (mainly the Detroit area). They moved down to the Cincinnati/Dayton because the job market was better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan