Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 07:59 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,459,304 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Many European countries HAVE a flat sales tax.

It is deliberately misnamed Value Added Tax. What a distortion!

It should rightly be called a Value Subtracted Tax.

You just don't "add value" to a sale by siphoning off part of the transaction to the Government.

I think that a Value Subtracted Tax would significantly slow down the rigged-roulette-wheel that is Wall Street.

Investors would make more careful and less speculative or manipulative purchases.

I don't think Ponzi Schemes could exist in an atmosphere of Real Investment (Bets placed on productive and marketable capability of Real Things).

Uh-Oh! There goes the Social Security Neighborhood! This Ponzi Scheme depends on increasing the population of workers, year after year - Bring in the Mexicans, who, by direction of their religion, reproduce like rabbits. No condoms, no abortions, no self-discipline. Must increase worker population to increase "investment" in the Social Security Ponzi Scheme. So, yeah, I think Baracko will be granting amnesty citizenship to all the illegals. It's the only way the Ponzi can continue. Poor Bernard Madoff - He wasn't able to illegally import investors.

Now the question - Where are the increased-everyones going to find a job? Oh, I know - let them serve more hamburgers to the increased-everyone. And, if that don't work, order everyone to consume more hamburgers! But, won't the increased-everyone begin to decline as a result of the increased consumption of hamburgers? Yes, but luckily, right at the age they begin receiving Social Security Benefits. So, you see, it all works out for the best.

When a person borrows from a bank, he, she, or it is really purchasing the use of money, the price of which is the interest charge - Yeah, there should be a sales tax on the interest charge.

And, of course, Sales Taxes should not be applied to Individuals who sell things, like - their labor, their house, their pickup truck, their services, their stocks, their money, etc.

Yup! You got it! - Sales taxes should only apply to Corporations making sales - not to Individuals making sales.
Darn. I thought the BUYER paid the sales tax!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2009, 08:16 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,369,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Darn. I thought the BUYER paid the sales tax!!!!
The Buyer DOES pay the sales tax.

I'm saying that the Buyer should not hafta, if he, she, it buys from an individual - only if the Buyer buys from a corporation should a Sales Tax be collected, and paid over the to Government.

After all, Individuals should have Rights, don't ya think?

Old 01-13-2009, 08:29 AM

8,733 posts, read 15,993,026 times
The bottom line is , NO ONE LIKES TO PAY TAXES. We have a huge underground economy , that pays none. Fix that , and you will be able to fund and find common ground , be it flat tax , VAT , sales , whatever. The system is broken , the fix starts with the people , when they have had enough.......

Old 01-13-2009, 08:33 AM

Quote:
The Buyer DOES pay the sales tax.

I'm saying that the Buyer should not hafta, if he, she, it buys from an individual - only if the Buyer buys from a corporation should a Sales Tax be collected, and paid over the to Government.

After all, Individuals should have Rights, don't ya think?
So, all a business would have to do is file a "C" rather than an "S" or cooperate tax return???

Old 01-13-2009, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darstar View Post
The bottom line is , NO ONE LIKES TO PAY TAXES. We have a huge underground economy , that pays none. Fix that , and you will be able to fund and find common ground , be it flat tax , VAT , sales , whatever. The system is broken , the fix starts with the people , when they have had enough.......
Are we talking income or sale tax??

Old 01-13-2009, 08:40 AM

Quote:
It would depend on what to intend to do with the "return" from your Dairy Queen buy.
The suggestion of a scatological response is preposterous!

Old 01-13-2009, 08:45 AM

8,733 posts, read 15,993,026 times
Quote:
Are we talking income or sale tax??
Both. taxes are taxes , including property tax. The underground pays no tax. When you do business by barter , and or cash , there is no record. Also included is employment tax. When you pay cash for services , you avoid all of the above. Everyone is a contractor , there are no employees in the underground system. It is huge , much bigger than the Government wants you to know about.

Old 01-13-2009, 08:50 AM

Quote:
The bottom line is , NO ONE LIKES TO PAY TAXES.
With me, and I hope with many others, it is not so much a matter of "LIKES", as it is a matter of RIGHTS.

Old 01-13-2009, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Both. taxes are taxes , including property tax. The underground pays no tax. When you do business by barter , and or cash , there is no record. Also included is employment tax. When you pay cash for services , you avoid all of the above. Everyone is a contractor , there are no employees in the underground system. It is huge , much bigger than the Government wants you to know about.
I do not disagree. Just remain mindful a good share of the "cash" economy is from illegals. They do pay some tax. If they rent, or shop in a store. IMO a contractor like myself working for "cash" would just be foolish. I need the income to write it off.

Old 01-13-2009, 09:02 AM

Quote:
With me, and I hope with many others, it is not so much a matter of "LIKES", as it is a matter of RIGHTS.
Your missing something here. I do not pay taxes and do it legally. You could too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan