Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 09:55 AM

1,217 posts, read 3,275,474 times

Advertisements

My aunt passed away last week, making her the 6th relative I have lost over the last 13 years. I've aways been somewhat of a skeptic but have been more interested in watching ghost shows with my wife lately.
This last year and recent death has given me an urgent feeling to seek out a person who may truly be able to communicate with the dead. In our new house my son has heard 2 voices, one male one female. The woman asked " who are you?". The male asked " what do you want?". I myself watched my sons bedroom door close as I walked out of the bathroom and I was alone in the house at the time. No possible drafts and it went from fully open to closed across carpet.
My dad and I had some kind of weird connection in life. I won't tell all of the stories but the last day we seen one another we both knew it would be the last time. Our eyes met and there was just this understanding and maybe acceptance to the fact nothing could change it. When I realized it I smiled and said " I love you pop" He smiled back and said " I love you too". Prior to my visit I had a fight with my wife about taking my boys to see him before we left for vacation. I had an urgent maybe somewhat frantic feeling I had to see him before we left. He died in his sleep the night before we came home, I remember waking up that day with a very empty feeling, walking around in a fog. Then my wifes phone rang the moment she turned it on. I was trying to get the rented waverunner started and was walking back down to the beach. I heard the phone, turned to see her on it and yelled. " It's my dad isn't it? He passed away didn't he?" She just nodded and told me " yes in his sleep last night".
I honestly feel my son and i have that same connection. For some reason I can tell in my sleep when his blood sugar has dropped. But last night I clearly remember and old man in my dream telling me I had to go, go take care of your son. I woke up at 6:30 this morning and checked his sugar right away. It was 70. Not dangerous yet but well on it's way.
Now I'm starting to wonder what the heck is going on and I'd like to find someone with answers. Not some quack, but someone who can really give me some proof, or talk with those who are gone. Does anyone in this forum feel they have been to someone who is legit? Also I'd be curious to hear your stories.

Last edited by JGatti; 03-13-2011 at 10:05 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2011, 01:28 PM

850 posts, read 1,898,246 times
i went to this dinner at the white horse inn in metamora, it was called, 'dinner with the otherside'. the psychic who was there was legitimate. we just went for entertainment, but listening to what she had to say and seeing what happened at the dinner made me see this in a whole new light. i plan to schedule a session with her, but she is pretty far away and haven't done it yet. its always on my 'to do' list though, because i do feel it could be a very comforting experience. i think its especially helpful for people who have lost people close to them and maybe have unfinished business or feelings of loss. it would not hurt and can only help. this lady is in sterling heights....not sure if that's too far for you?

Old 03-15-2011, 03:50 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,793,239 times
Harry Houdini (Eric Wiess) was obsessed with contact with his dead mother. He tried many mediums and found them all to be fruds. He then offered a reward for any medium that he could not prove to be a fraud. No one collected. He told his wife Bess that if there was any way possible to make conact fromthe afterlife, he would do so. He gave her some secret code words so she would know that it was real. None of the mediums were able to transmit the code words.

Yes that was a long time ago, but if they could nto do it then, why woudl they be able to do it now?

I am highly skeptical about anyone who claims to be a medium. There may be ghosts and contact with the afterlife, but anyone who claims that they can control or channel such contact is just plain arrogant, or merely trying to play on your grief to take your money. Many of them are very very clever and can fool evnen extremely bright people and geniuses, especially because they are saying what you want to hear.

Suggestion: Stay away. You will be dead soon enough and can converse at that time.

Old 03-15-2011, 04:48 PM

1,489 posts, read 3,600,861 times
"Mediums" are all frauds, scam artists and predators. Save your money.

Old 03-15-2011, 05:22 PM

4,120 posts, read 8,899,397 times
I am a big believer in the afterlife, and I do believe a few people can kinda communicate...but I would say 98% are frauds. I think the ones who can...can feel or sense a spirit, but to sit there and have a conversation....I highly doubt it.

Old 03-15-2011, 06:16 PM

850 posts, read 1,898,246 times
the lady i went to see was 'real'. she explained that there was one day when she just started seeing dead people (yeah, like the movie). my cousin also had this happen to her. it was not anything they were looking for, but its something that happens to people and you can either do something with it or not. it freaked my cousin out quite badly, at first. once they know you can see them they will flock to you trying to get you to give messages. it doesn't mean that what they communicate is 100% correct. it just means that is the message they give at that time. i would suggest before you dismiss....go see a real psychic and make your judgement. oh and that lady on montel.....sylvia browne....she is a fake.

Old 03-15-2011, 09:16 PM

9,470 posts, read 10,800,718 times
Be careful with this. Communicating with the dead could bring you more trouble than you bargin for. Its no different than messing with a Ouija board. Many people have done this kind of thing and ended up with some sort of dark entity invading thier life. At best someone may rip you off, at worst you could inadvertantly invite demonic forces into your life.

Old 03-15-2011, 10:51 PM

57 posts, read 206,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
Be careful with this. Communicating with the dead could bring you more trouble than you bargin for. Its no different than messing with a Ouija board. Many people have done this kind of thing and ended up with some sort of dark entity invading thier life. At best someone may rip you off, at worst you could inadvertantly invite demonic forces into your life.

Many mediums are frauds thats true what they don't tell you about is that you can meditate and gain these abilities yourself. Open your mind.
Satanic Meditation Information
Here are some meditations you can do to not only gain these abilities but improve every area of your life and feel free and much more happy.
To reply to the above postor: Christianity was invented to remove spiritual and occult knowledge (the powers of the mind) from the populace and place this power in the hands of a "chosen" few to the detriment of all humanity. The powers of the mind and soul are very real. People who are unaware of or who do not believe in these powers are easy to control and manipulate by those who are skilled in using these energies.

The Original Gods [Demons] were unjustly labeled as monsters and branded as "evil" to keep humanity from spiritual knowledge. Because of this, the human race has drastically degenerated both spiritually and intellectually.

Joy of Satan
Exposing Christianity
http://youtube.com/theindigonation

Hail Satan/Enki and all our original gods (demons) the true gods of truth freedom, justice, love, and kindness.
Power to the people.

Old 03-16-2011, 06:45 AM

12,083 posts, read 38,849,310 times
This isn't a discussion on religion (which is for a different section of the forum) but rather a question if anyone knows of a "real medium".

Old 03-16-2011, 07:41 AM

362 posts, read 695,732 times
At one time I knew of one in Lake Orion who lived on indian lake road. Her name was Rose and was dateing a fellow I was working wth.

There also used to be one that lived on Voreis road west of Telagraph. I had an aunt that liked her B/S real well.

Al
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan