Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 05:19 AM

30,707 posts, read 80,043,077 times

Advertisements

I tried to talk to my dead ant, but it did nto answer. Howevr it never talked when it was alive. It just scurried around looking for food. If it ever talks back to me, I will be really freaked out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2011, 09:47 AM
YAZ

7,706 posts, read 14,129,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGatti View Post
Hey Yaz, my cousin used to talk with our dead grandmother ( who died when he was 1) on his toy phone when he was around 3 1/2 years old. It was one of those phones that had the eyes that rolled when you pull it on the ground. Really freaked my aunt out.

Old 03-20-2011, 09:49 AM
YAZ

7,706 posts, read 14,129,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
I tried to talk to my dead ant, but it did nto answer. Howevr it never talked when it was alive. It just scurried around looking for food. If it ever talks back to me, I will be really freaked out.
Vincent Fournier and his band mates were partying and foolin' around with a ouija board and Vince asked what his name was in a previous life.

It answered "Alice Cooper".

The rest is history.

Old 03-20-2011, 12:30 PM

1,146 posts, read 1,650,441 times
Years ago one of my friends and I used an ouija board. It was to our great shock the thing actually answered all our questions and was moving under its own accord not by either myself or my friend. I've never forgotten that and would never use one again.

I'll say again if you're insistant on trying to contact a dead relative stay away from mediums. Get books from the library written by Carl Jung and watch the Bill Moyers and Joe Campbell tapes/DVDs that I mentioned earlier titled "Power of Myth." Be mindful of this: He who thinks he knows doesn't know; he who knows that he doesn't know, KNOWS! Seek out the transcendent experience which will put you in accord with your departed loved one more than any medium could or would. My two cents...

Old 03-24-2011, 09:07 PM

7 posts, read 16,544 times
I know of a lady who I believe is very legit. She does not charge a fee up front, she has you pay what you feel the service is worth(in trade or barter if you cannot afford a monetary) after you have recieved you response. She has a very detailed FAQ on her site. She does tarot and gems/crystals. Her husband is a Shaman. If nothing else go to her site and thoroughly read through it completely. She uses a blogging format to respond to people publicly if they don't mind(no names or details are made public) so you can get an idea of what she is about before requesting services.

here is a link to her main page INDEX/SITEMAP TABLE of CONTENTS FAQs: Be sure you get the… | KaiOaty on Xanga

Please read All the links provided as you may find just the answer you are looking for within those, I believe they are quite amazing in and of themselves.

Old 03-24-2011, 09:10 PM

7 posts, read 16,544 times
She has a sense of humor too so don't get discouraged if you don't understand something on the site, you will eventually get it. Go back over time and something that did not make sense may at a later date.

Old 03-25-2011, 10:46 AM

1,489 posts, read 3,608,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazimiria View Post
I know of a lady who I believe is very legit. She does not charge a fee up front, she has you pay what you feel the service is worth(in trade or barter if you cannot afford a monetary) after you have recieved you response. She has a very detailed FAQ on her site. She does tarot and gems/crystals. Her husband is a Shaman. If nothing else go to her site and thoroughly read through it completely. She uses a blogging format to respond to people publicly if they don't mind(no names or details are made public) so you can get an idea of what she is about before requesting services.

here is a link to her main page INDEX/SITEMAP TABLE of CONTENTS FAQs: Be sure you get the… | KaiOaty on Xanga

Please read All the links provided as you may find just the answer you are looking for within those, I believe they are quite amazing in and of themselves.
Scaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammers

Old 03-25-2011, 12:06 PM

11,763 posts, read 14,702,041 times
To the OP:

I'm sorry for your loss. It can be devastating to live through the death of a beloved family member.

If you look for a "medium" you will undoubtedly find one. There is no shortage of unscrupulous frauds and charlatans willing to take advantage of people in fragile emotional states. Unfortunately, that is all they are.

Your aunt's life is over but you can hold on to your memories of her as you move on with your life. Spending your money, time, and energy to attempt to communicate with her will only hinder the process of grieving and healing.

Old 08-06-2012, 02:35 PM

1 posts, read 1,733 times
I am a medium and yes you are right, I did not ask for it . For anyone to say I am a fraud when you have never met me or know nothing about me I will pray for you. Oh and I give way for free more then I ever get back in money.

Old 08-06-2012, 02:45 PM

30,707 posts, read 80,043,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmedium12345 View Post
I am a medium . . . I am a fraud. . . I . . . get . . . money.
Edited for accuracy.

So called "mediums" are people who are good at reading other people through body language, observations and then generalizing, watching the reaction and using the reaction to get more specific. They are also good at making up things that cannot be confirms and which are vauge enough to be claimed accurate at least some of the time.

A good meduim like a good magician, clown or juggler should be considered execellent entertainment and often worth the price of admission, but should not be viewed as anything else.

Yes Mediums are frauds of sort, but only to the sme extent magicians, jugglers, actors, or others who fool people for entertainment can be called frauds. Since I am a magian I tend to use a different terminology.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan