Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 05:36 PM

1,144 posts, read 1,643,110 times

Advertisements

I've been thinking about Albuquerque or Taos. I don't want to go from one extreme to another which is why I'll pass on Phoenix or Florida. I've got a friend in Phoenix who doesn't go outside at all in the summer because she says it's so hot. I'd like a mid-way point between freezing or frying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2011, 09:20 PM

8,882 posts, read 19,860,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironlady View Post
This is EXACTLY what I thought, until I found out better. In Texas, L.A., and Denver, I would savor cloudy days and always got a ton of writing done on those days. I felt nestled in and secure with overcast weather. However, I did not realize I am somewhat of a solar panel, powered by sunlight. I'd always have enough sunlight to make it through whatever weather system came through. Now I'm dragging, staggering around like a thirsty, delirious desert journeyman ... "Give me sunshine."
Again, if you're a "sun" person, the Holland area is not for you. Or you can get a membership at a tanning salon. They have Vitamin D ones now.

Old 03-10-2011, 09:35 PM

13,258 posts, read 22,853,022 times
You'll get a handful of sunny days come late March and early April that will only taunt you with the promise of spring before the weather gods fit one or two more major lake effect snow systems in for the season.

Just hang in there. The glorious days of summer are getting closer, even if it's one of those years when you're still in jeans and sweatshirt at noon on Memorial Day.

Old 03-10-2011, 09:53 PM

My dad died in the middle of April, and we were in the cemetery with it snowing that year during the service.

Old 03-10-2011, 10:48 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,949,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
You actually have two winters left to go. You have March winter then a little bit of spring, then you have April winter. Hopefully we will nto be having May winter this year. But you MUST embrace winter if you are going to live here. Otherwise you spend half of your life, just getting through it. That is no way to live.
Great post!

Quote:
This is EXACTLY what I thought, until I found out better. In Texas, L.A., and Denver, I would savor cloudy days and always got a ton of writing done on those days. I felt nestled in and secure with overcast weather. However, I did not realize I am somewhat of a solar panel, powered by sunlight. I'd always have enough sunlight to make it through whatever weather system came through. Now I'm dragging, staggering around like a thirsty, delirious desert journeyman ... "Give me sunshine."
Funny how that works. Here in MI, you long for the sun, the seemingly endless days of clouds and precipitation make you so giddy when you do get those sunny days. Yet, in Vegas, where I go part-time, you find yourself enjoying the elusive cloudy days and rain.

Quote:
Luzette, I so would! Florida or Phoenix. I keep daydreaming about Phoenix. Like someone mentioned earlier, the fair weather in FL does bring out some of the freaks, and I've never been a fan of too much humidity. Oh, and the mosquitoes in FL...
Tough living in MI when you need sun and no humidity or mosquitoes!

Old 03-11-2011, 06:13 AM

4,120 posts, read 8,903,538 times
As you wake up and see whats going on around the world...lack of a bit of sun seems kinda funny to complain about. It seems like these things are becoming a bit more common, and like I have said before....Michigan is one of the safest spots in the country. You may want to be in a hurry to get out because of a little snow, cold and clouds, but as the earth gets more and more pissed by what humans are doing to it...Ill take Michigan over most any state.

Old 03-11-2011, 06:26 AM

9,376 posts, read 11,949,980 times
The city I live in is very safe. Outside of it, not so much. In fact, more like one of the most unsafest spots in the country and definitely MI. I love MI and all it has to offer, just wish it offered a bit more sun!

Old 03-11-2011, 09:16 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,839,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luzette View Post
I've been thinking about Albuquerque or Taos. I don't want to go from one extreme to another which is why I'll pass on Phoenix or Florida. I've got a friend in Phoenix who doesn't go outside at all in the summer because she says it's so hot. I'd like a mid-way point between freezing or frying.

Probably go with Santa Fe not Albuquerque. It is much nicer, but a little bit colder.

Old 03-11-2011, 09:29 AM

I've wondered about Sante Fe too. Thanks for the input!

Old 03-11-2011, 02:11 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,839,619 times
I see it! It is right there shining in the sky. Now I remember what it looks like. IN fact, it is reflecting off of the building next door and blinding me why did you ask for it!

Oh forget it, it is gone now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan