Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2014, 10:51 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,652,870 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkeith View Post
In fact, this is a very old thread. My outlook on life here is certainly every bit as relevant as anyone else's. I live here NOW, and I`ve lived in other states previously. I find it hard to be patient when folks blame the city for too many of their own personal issues. Why would someone who lives elsewhere inflict themselves upon the MI forum to spew negativity? Unless perhaps they're still unhappy...
It's ironic that you find my post negative, being the optimist that you claim to be. There are several things that I loved and miss about MI and I thought my post highlighted those. I find those that get defensive without cause and those that have to tell everyone how happy they are, are usually the ones with the greatest sense of unfulfillment. I realize it was a long, cold, gray winter so I'll cut you some slack.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2014, 12:29 AM

2,067 posts, read 1,866,938 times
Life is great though work,no small amount of effort,planning,patience,deternination,some stubbornness,and certainly luck,too. And I will make it better yet for myself and others as well. No one else can do it unless I am willing to work hard for achievement. Fulfillment and confidence. Life is great,and very exciting right now! Hey,thanks for asking !

Old 04-03-2014, 09:16 AM
YAZ

7,708 posts, read 14,093,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
It's ironic that you find my post negative, being the optimist that you claim to be. There are several things that I loved and miss about MI and I thought my post highlighted those. I find those that get defensive without cause and those that have to tell everyone how happy they are, are usually the ones with the greatest sense of unfulfillment. I realize it was a long, cold, gray winter so I'll cut you some slack.
But it certainly was beautiful here, eh?

Tigers are looking good, so I'll say that's a "pro".

Last edited by YAZ; 04-03-2014 at 09:16 AM.. Reason: sic

Old 04-03-2014, 10:00 AM

9,196 posts, read 16,652,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
But it certainly was beautiful here, eh?

Tigers are looking good, so I'll say that's a "pro".
Yes, it was a glorious "winter".

Tigers are a huge pro and another is getting Fox Sports Detroit without having to cough up an extra $35/mo for MLB Extra Innings. I had to watch the first two games on some sketchy website while sitting in front of my computer!

Old 04-03-2014, 10:26 AM

6 posts, read 7,804 times
If you can find a waterfront community you will never want to move again! I live on Muskegon Lake and love it. The Muskegon Lakeshore is great because it is large enough to have year round jobs/careers, diversity, arts, culture and lots of nature on clean waterways.

Old 04-03-2014, 03:05 PM

70 posts, read 132,484 times
The pros of Metro Detroit, and this is unique compared to all other parts of the country, is that because Detroit has had so many problems, most of the money moved into the suburbs.

As a result, there are many suburbs that are affluent, safe, with excellent schools. Many of the big city amenities also moved into the suburbs. Great restaurants, concerts, sports, it's all close by without having to deal with big city traffic and parking.

Old 04-03-2014, 09:17 PM

8,733 posts, read 15,946,946 times
I was transferred to Detroit over 47 years ago. It was a hell hole then , nothing has changed. I worked in Dearborn and in the city. I could not wait to move west to Ypsilanti ( lake in the woods ). After two years I took a pay cut just to get out of there.....and I wound up in Omaha .

Old 04-09-2014, 12:36 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,728,990 times
Water everywhere. Pro for water sports and green grass, con for high humidity.

Lots of cold weather and snow. Pro for snowmobilers and cross country skiers, con for those who like sun and warmth.

Lots of fresh fruit, pro no con. Lots of outdoor fun, good weekend trips. Again, long very cold winters and lots of cloudy and rainy days that keep it green.

Old 08-04-2014, 04:42 PM

1 posts, read 2,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DONNIEANDDONNA417 View Post
Okay I am really anxious about moving to Michigan. My husband is all game for it . But I hear so many different things I dont know if I want to.

so enlightened me. What are the pros and cons of living in michigan?

by the way I live in atlanta now

Thanks Guys
Stay where your at! I've lived in Michigan my entire life (I'm 58). My brother and his family moved to Georgie (they live in Poole) 5 years ago....they wouldn't move back to Michigan for anything!!

Old 08-04-2014, 11:39 PM

3,671 posts, read 5,891,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crnashun View Post
Stay where your at! I've lived in Michigan my entire life (I'm 58). My brother and his family moved to Georgie (they live in Poole) 5 years ago....they wouldn't move back to Michigan for anything!!
Did you seriously just create an account on CD to negatively respond to a 4 year old thread with absolutely no substance to add insult in injury?

Troll alert!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kt6rRNANSgI
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan