Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 01:36 PM

272 posts, read 1,510,224 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimil View Post
Hey anybody has gone to puerto penasco mexico in baja lately?
i was planning to go with a group of friends but i back up!
afraid of the crime! i have seen the news and the crime does not stop the assaults they take people somwhere and take everything!! passports, visa, ids. then they throw you somewhere in the dessert and will never be found...and if they do they have found people in mountains of bodies like fusilados...and what about the flu??to bad this is happening i heard is safe to go on a plane to cabo....is it safer... ??? who knows these days!
Oh jeeeeez. I hardly even know where to start, this sad quote is so full of "I heard", "I saw on the news", non factual notions... Sigh. Really, it's just sad that this kind of crap is making the rounds in the USA (primarily there, anyway).

Yes, Rocky Point is safe. No tourists have been shot, kidnapped, beheaded or dumped out in the desert by evil bandidos and left to die. There has been no swine flu there. The worst thing you are likely to suffer is a bad hangover or sunburn.

Man, the kind of hysterical fear mongering ignorance the media has been pushing has got to stop. Grrrrrrrrr.

chimil, it's safe. Really, it is.

PS: Puerto Penasco/Rocky Point isn't in Baja, though. It's in the state of Sonora, across the Sea of Cortez from Baja.

Baja Boomer/La Huerita
Rocky Point Tides
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2009, 03:45 PM

1 posts, read 6,759 times
Wow..... I must concur with Baja Boomer --- chimil --- you are being hoaxed into completely hysterical and false fear. None of that stuff you say is happening, has happened, or even hinted at happening in Rocky Point or on the way there. You're talking urban legend stuff that isn;t even happening anywehre in Mexico. Where have you "heard" this baloney? For crying out loud, what a ridiculous crock of bull - people will believe anything.

Old 07-29-2009, 09:21 AM

3 posts, read 19,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
Bottom line: Crime is everywhere but why go looking for it?

! ! ! !
Agree with you Bummer, by any chance, were you in a bad area in Rocky Point? maybe you did not know it, I have been going to RP for years and have never experience any problems.

In comparition chances are that there is more crime in your own home town in USA as there is in Rocky Point.

Old 07-29-2009, 09:46 AM

124 posts, read 268,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chimil View Post
Hey anybody has gone to puerto penasco mexico in baja lately?

Sorry chimil, but Rocky Point is not in Baja it is in the coast of northern Sonora across from Baja going east.

i was planning to go with a group of friends but i back up!
afraid of the crime!

What crime are you referring of?

i have seen the news

Which news are you talking about? here in Tucson I have heard nothing about kidnappings, murders or fusilados in Rocky Point.

and the crime does not stop the assaults they take people somwhere and take everything!! passports, visa, ids. then they throw you somewhere in the dessert and will never be found...and if they do they have found people in mountains of bodies like fusilados...
and what about the flu??

Rocky Point has not report a single case of swine flu that I know so far.

to bad this is happening
i heard

believe half of what you read (other that text books, ) and none of what you hear.

is safe to go on a plane to cabo....is it safer... ??? who knows these days!
Many people knows how safe it is and taking advantage of it!! Rocky Point is out of the way for any drug cartel to call a "hub".
Obviously you have access to the internet, do so more research and you will find how safe and cheap is becoming to go to Rocky Point.

Agree with the others "crime is everywhere" might as well lock yourself at home and never come out again!! What a life

Old 07-29-2009, 11:16 AM

2 posts, read 7,546 times
Here's how safe it is- last night I was incredibly stupid and left my car running with the windows open while I strolled around the Malecon. It was still there when I got back. That sure wouldn't have happened in the city I come from! I've seen no violence, and there have been no incidents of swine flu. Again, you need to be vigilant and not go where there are drugs and prostitution, and try not to be as stupid as I was, but it is really safe here. I am from Canada, and I live here year around.

Old 08-03-2009, 11:57 AM

2 posts, read 12,886 times
Hi there,

We saw your letter about sailing in Puerto Penasco. Are you still doing it? I liked what you said about sailing there. We want to bring a Catalina 22 sail boat down and begin sailing it there. Could you talk to us about sailing in Puerto Penasco.

Old 08-05-2009, 10:21 PM

11 posts, read 62,733 times
Im planning on taking a weekend trip down here from Phoenix within the next few weeks. How is the surfing at Rocky Point? I used to surf when I lived in Orange County, CA, but since I moved to Phoenix I havent been able to do so. Does anyone surf here at Rocky Point?

Old 08-10-2009, 01:06 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,258,323 times
A Sunday night gun battle in Puerto Peñasco, known to American visitors as Rocky Point, dramatically illustrates the problem — and includes an Arizona connection.
Thirty minutes later, a group of armed men stormed the emergency room, ordered medical workers and police officers to the floor, then completed the assassination of Fonseca.

azcentral.com blogs - LiveWire Blog: Drug-war violence hitting Rocky Point

Old 08-18-2009, 04:45 PM

2 posts, read 12,886 times
Default Sailing PP

Quote:
Originally Posted by janetclint View Post
Hi there,

We saw your letter about sailing in Puerto Penasco. Are you still doing it? I liked what you said about sailing there. We want to bring a Catalina 22 sail boat down and begin sailing it there. Could you talk to us about sailing in Puerto Penasco.
Hi there,

Just finding out about it. We are making our first trip down the third week in October.

Write us at janetsh@homernet.net

Doesn't it sound like a good idea? Where do you live?

Look at youtube. there is lots of information about sailing in Puerto Penasco.

Old 01-12-2010, 10:20 PM

1 posts, read 5,988 times
Default Want to sail in Puerto Penasco

My husband and I are in Ajo 1/2 the year and want to sail from Puerto Penasco. Is your's the Stilletto by chance, by JJ's (we have one needing repairs). We'd like to sail from there, park car and such. Where would you suggest camping, sailing and launching and parking, and anchoring? We are newbies to P.Penasco. Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico