Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Maui
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2011, 12:02 AM

69 posts, read 235,588 times

Advertisements

Did you consider Oahu also?

I ask because you said you were 29 and single.

Do you find enough singles in Lahaina?

If I remember right I think a few people have said Maui is harder than Oahu in this aspect. Or is that not true?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2012, 11:12 AM

14 posts, read 26,351 times
kihei has great beaches just depends where you go and drive a bit further south and there are amazing beaches where there are very little tourists! The beaches are just small. I come from Cali where our beaches are huge. I moved to Maui 7 yrs ago and I loved Kihei it is the hotter side of the island. I worked upcountry where it is cooler. Just depends what you like, Kihei and Lahaina have a bit more night life. I would figure out where your gonna work and get a roommate close to work as gas is stupid high almost $5 a gal. When I first moved it seemed Kihei had more rommie rentals then most other parts of the island. Best of luck!!

Old 02-07-2012, 11:34 PM

9 posts, read 17,042 times
I honestly think the choice will end up depending on which "vibe" you take to...I currently live in Kihei but moving to Lahaina next week. I moved from California as well last month.

The beaches (and parks) on the Kihei side ARE very nice. I make it a point to walk over at least once or twice a day. But for me, I just prefer the Lahaina side. Not sure how to articulate exactly WHY, and maybe some of it is because I have "almost family" there and have already made so many connections there.

Everybody has been ultra-friendly in both locations. I have been living in a nice place in Kihei, but I'll be working in Lahaina and it seems silly to commute even 20-30 minutes when I could spend that gas money (and that time) so much better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Maui