Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2024, 12:50 AM

2,948 posts, read 5,195,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgal123 View Post
Looks like an illegal is being detained by ICE....about time! https://www.wcvb.com/article/prisone...setts/46978057
Wash, rinse, repeat for all the other ones that continue to run amok here!
Wow!

And his "bravado," attacking multiple officers, in daylight, I assume. He doesn't even seem big and burly....just imagine how bigger guys of his group would act! Has had lots of experience attacking people, I assume, so feels comfortable doing that to anyone.

And good thinking on that guy in the parking lot giving him a cigarette to distract him to allow police to get there. Not everyone would be so quick thinking or not panic.

So he speaks English! At least when the need to ask for help to hide in that guy's van and when needing a cigarette.

I wonder which country he's from? If he's been in Framingham awhile now, maybe he's Brazilian and speaks English from maybe growing up partly there and in its schools. Maybe not a recent living in the hotels without English. I hope the media pursues where he's lived here, any local schools, any local jobs, etc.

Ha! Or perhaps it's not even legal to ask which country nowadays....or at least not publish it in the media? Hmm...

He's good looking...maybe he's lured some local girls on dating apps, until they likely get bad vibes from him soon enough and he repeats the cycle with others, maybe even begging for money or stealing jewelry. Plus he's violent and scary!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2024, 01:21 AM

2,948 posts, read 5,195,279 times
So the Envision hotel on Revere Beach Parkway in Everett, a rather newish and decent place, is another sudden welcome mat for the
Illegals.

And legendary local Italian pasta and pastry spot, Spinelli's, just got a no-bid contract to provide the meals!

Some callers on Jeff Kuhner's WRKO 680 AM morning show the other day mentioned how Spinellii's is living on its past positive reputation...but I went to the East Boston spot last summer and still enjoyed what I usually have ordered.

Some on his show have called for a boycott of both their Rt. 1 Lynnfield and the East Boston spots. Not even sure if its open to the public now considering they'll be busy catering -- and besides, likely no longer needs walkins like me or even their regular catering clients, anyway.

Old 02-27-2024, 06:10 AM

9,537 posts, read 16,525,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonguy1960 View Post
So the Envision hotel on Revere Beach Parkway in Everett, a rather newish and decent place, is another sudden welcome mat for the
Illegals.

And legendary local Italian pasta and pastry spot, Spinelli's, just got a no-bid contract to provide the meals!

Some callers on Jeff Kuhner's WRKO 680 AM morning show the other day mentioned how Spinellii's is living on its past positive reputation...but I went to the East Boston spot last summer and still enjoyed what I usually have ordered.

Some on his show have called for a boycott of both their Rt. 1 Lynnfield and the East Boston spots. Not even sure if its open to the public now considering they'll be busy catering -- and besides, likely no longer needs walkins like me or even their regular catering clients, anyway.
I am very sorry to hear this news. Another motel and Spinelli's. Evidently money does talk more and more in Massachusetts. Let's face it this state is quickly losing its homey New England culture. Families that have lived here for generations are minorities now. We can all complain but it won't do a damn thing. Our Govt, Politicians, immigrant rights agencies, and businesses all wanted this. Now look at us paying our high taxes to support all this crap. I feel like not paying my taxes, I'm so disgusted with what's happening.

Old 02-27-2024, 06:13 AM

16,416 posts, read 8,223,904 times
it is disgusting. Parts of MA are becoming a 3rd world country but other parts most can't afford. Makes sense.

Old 02-27-2024, 06:19 AM

1,899 posts, read 1,405,981 times
Quote:
Some on his show have called for a boycott of both their Rt. 1 Lynnfield and the East Boston spots.
Beyond absurd. This is why people hate right wing kooks (as much as left wing kooks).

Old 02-27-2024, 07:25 AM

9,102 posts, read 6,324,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
it is disgusting. Parts of MA are becoming a 3rd world country but other parts most can't afford. Makes sense.
That is the hallmark of the 3rd world countries. They only have the extremely wealthy (which includes politicians) and the extremely poor. How does a place get to that status? The wealthy donate to the politicians, so the politicians pretty much leave them alone. Instead the politicians target the middle class to fund the government support for the poor. That government support slowly but steadily makes the middle class poorer until there is no middle class left because they themselves become poor or flee to another area.

Old 02-27-2024, 07:32 AM

Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtkinsonDan View Post
That is the hallmark of the 3rd world countries. They only have the extremely wealthy (which includes politicians) and the extremely poor. How does a place get to that status? The wealthy donate to the politicians, so the politicians pretty much leave them alone. Instead the politicians target the middle class to fund the government support for the poor. That government support slowly but steadily makes the middle class poorer until there is no middle class left because they themselves become poor or flee to another area.
Yes, I remember being told that years ago about Mexico and Haiti- you're either rich or poor. It seemed awful to me then...and it seems awful now.

Old 02-27-2024, 08:15 AM

12,873 posts, read 22,040,579 times
Quote:
Illegals.

I don't think this is news. I'm pretty sure the Envision was serving as a shelter for much of 2023. There was an outbreak of respiratory illness that made news in July of last year that made mention of it being a shelter, and it wasn't bookable for reservations last spring when I looked for some friends (it was a nice property and they've stayed there before).

Obviously this whole migrant issue is a complete mess. And the contract system for these hotel and catering contracts is absurdly overpriced. But I think Envision was struggling with low occupancy and Spinelli's was a regular topic of conversation in the East Boston groups with years of swirling rumors about their closure. Most talked about how it had gone downhill and my one experience was pretty middling at best (and it was dead). Hardly worth the cost, but it does seem like a couple of local struggling businesses are at least getting something of a lifeline (at least temporarily). Of course, it's not even remotely sustainable and the crisis needs to be addressed, but it's interesting to see some of the ripple effects.

Old 02-27-2024, 08:27 AM

FWIW i'm not sure why anyone would book a hotel in revere....especially this time of year...or ever really lol.

I think the point is WHY do we as a state literally keep 'catering' to the migrants. The right to shelter thing has gone bananas...and now we are catering 3 meals a day to them. It's sick. Why did we never do this for the homeless and struggling people already here? Something weird is going on...

Last edited by msRB311; 02-27-2024 at 09:01 AM..

Old 02-27-2024, 08:50 AM

3,398 posts, read 1,553,863 times
How about taking us air Marshalls off of airplanes to make sandwiches for migrants?

https://youtu.be/3aaJQeNHFks?si=rYyqlaQukVrAp08P

And people think us "conspiracy theorists" are crazy .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts