Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2024, 12:00 PM

23,571 posts, read 18,678,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
The state should spread the burden around based on suitable facilities, regardless of where they're located.

100% agree. But they instead take a rec center away from local kids in Roxbury, when they have empty dorms sitting there in Newton.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2024, 12:17 PM

22,457 posts, read 11,981,552 times
Quote:
They had majorities in both chambers in 2016-18. And had the White House. No excuses. All they want to do now is create a "invader" boogeyman to scare folks into voting for them. It's blatantly transparent.

And oh, how can we forget about the wall that Mexico was supposed to pay for? If that was the case why did Trump go begging Congress for $5B to fund it back in 2018?
They didn't have enough so they didn't have a filibuster proof majority.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filibu...20the%20Senate.

As for the wall---Mexico paid in other ways when Title 42 was in place.

Trump still found money to work on the wall. Biden stopped building it and sold the materials for scrap.

As I said, come back after you thoroughly research this issue.

Trump doesn't have to "create a[sic] "invader" boogey man" regarding this issue. Most people see what is happening and don't like it.

BTW, Trump isn't the president so he can't control what the house and senate end up doing.

Old 02-11-2024, 01:11 PM

5,094 posts, read 2,658,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
100% agree. But they instead take a rec center away from local kids in Roxbury, when they have empty dorms sitting there in Newton.
I'm betting it's based in part on where the least political backlash will come. So if residents of the area are not likely to vote or not politically active, they lose. Those areas who vote and are politically active and/or donate money, win.

Old 02-11-2024, 01:16 PM

6,122 posts, read 5,090,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
They didn't have enough so they didn't have a filibuster proof majority.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filibu...20the%20Senate.

BTW, Trump isn't the president so he can't control what the house and senate end up doing.
But it's OK to blame Biden for the same.

Old 02-11-2024, 01:55 PM

959 posts, read 533,795 times
What is a plan after? To me even if they find jobs, to rent apartment in MA is expensive, difficult for people with no history. Will they continue occupying shelters, hotels, gyms etc?
And I’m sure they continue to arrive, so it will be more of them.

Old 02-11-2024, 02:58 PM

22,457 posts, read 11,981,552 times
Quote:
But it's OK to blame Biden for the same.
The same for what?

Biden threw open the border. He has the ability to shut it all down.

Biden takes the blame for the thousands of "migrants" who were allowed to enter the country without being vetted.

How about you tell us all why you thought that vile bill was so great. Why you thought allowing 5,000 "migrants" per day amounting to 1.8 million per year is a great idea. I've noticed that you've avoided that topic.

Old 02-11-2024, 03:07 PM

10,007 posts, read 15,653,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsGirl View Post
What is a plan after? To me even if they find jobs, to rent apartment in MA is expensive, difficult for people with no history. Will they continue occupying shelters, hotels, gyms etc?
The Healey administration says the average stay for a family in one of these hotels is one year. I believe that refers to previous homeless Massachusetts families, not these new arrivals. You are right, whatever situation they are in will require them to be heavily subsidized.

Old 02-11-2024, 03:16 PM

23,571 posts, read 18,678,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsGirl View Post

I'm sure our leaders promoting this have it all thought out...NOT!

Old 02-11-2024, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
The same for what?

Biden threw open the border. He has the ability to shut it all down.

Biden takes the blame for the thousands of "migrants" who were allowed to enter the country without being vetted.

How about you tell us all why you thought that vile bill was so great. Why you thought allowing 5,000 "migrants" per day amounting to 1.8 million per year is a great idea. I've noticed that you've avoided that topic.
When CNN feeds him the answer he'll be back.

Old 02-11-2024, 07:38 PM

Chinese, fastest growing group:
https://www.newsnationnow.com/us-new...-social-media/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts