Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2020, 02:48 PM

12,393 posts, read 9,493,040 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
No but it certainly happens in plenty of businesses (don't even get me started). Some industries are worse than others, but it goes on plenty in both public and private sectors. Sometimes it's built into a contract or otherwise legal, sometimes not. Apparently what these 9 officers did wasn't. While it's not acceptable in any case, the whole "well at least in private business they aren't stealing from the taxpayers" is load of garbage. The on call "emergency" utility worker who bills ratepayers 8 hours of work for pretty much showing up to flick a switch (oh yeah I forgot about "travel"!), you think "Mr. Taxpayer" isn't getting hosed the same for that?

Some people really need to spend more time looking in the mirror. They may not like what they see, but at least there might be a little more hope for our future (not pointing at you Outdoor Lover).
I have never done anything like that, nor am I aware of any of my colleagues ever doing anything like that. And if someone were caught, at minimum, I'd expect that to be their last day. We've got people on this thread that say if the employees are stealing, then give them a promotion!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2020, 02:50 PM

5,955 posts, read 2,872,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgang239 View Post
It still is. Ever have to sign an officers detail slip? Nothing on site is safe until the clock ticks over 4hrs and 1 minute. Then magically they drop everything and you can go home. Lots of convenient traffic control needs/mysterious disappearances as that time approaches.

Old 09-02-2020, 02:55 PM

14,246 posts, read 14,727,364 times
Not to forgive what they did but I assume it was a long time practice so many just fell into it. I also assume someone "ratted" them out.

Old 09-02-2020, 02:55 PM

2,674 posts, read 1,546,990 times
Default Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorLover View Post
I don't understand all these defenses of police charging for hours they don't work! Should businesses also look the other way when their employees cheat them?
It happens all the time particularly from the people at the top!

Old 09-02-2020, 02:58 PM

Heck I get nervous to call out sick or ask for a day off.

In my last neighborhood that I lived I lived next door to a Boston cop. He was constantly out injured, he’d take his patrol car home when you’re not supposed to do that. He was blatantly clocking in at work and then he’d go home then go back in when it was time to leave. He was clearly taking advantage of the system. Every year he’d make 150k.

He was also black. So don’t try and blame just the white ones. It always seems like it’s the white cops who get into trouble and the dept gets afraid to call out minorities when they do anything wrong these days.

Old 09-02-2020, 03:50 PM

12,393 posts, read 9,493,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridge781 View Post
It happens all the time particularly from the people at the top!
Yes, there is dishonest dealing by *some* people at every level. But I don't see how you can condone it, no matter who is doing it.

Old 09-02-2020, 04:14 PM

23,539 posts, read 18,678,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorLover View Post
Yes, there is dishonest dealing by *some* people at every level. But I don't see how you can condone it, no matter who is doing it.
Nobody is condoning it, some of us just find it interesting that it's only "news" when the police are involved.

Old 09-02-2020, 04:14 PM

Default Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatalieJastrow View Post
I hope all those people "working from home" during the pandemic and prove hey were giving all 8 hours to their workplace...
Exactly. Clearly being a cop is not a job of privilege at all.

Old 09-02-2020, 04:21 PM

1,717 posts, read 1,806,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridge781 View Post
Exactly. Clearly being a cop is not a job of privilege at all.
I could spend all day talking about things that are wrong in various industries and workplaces, but they wouldn't relate to these BPD thieves.

It is also possible for other bad things to happen at the same time. Not condemning them due to their irrelevance doesn't indicate any type of approval. Just because I ordered a pizza tonight doesn't mean I hate Chinese food.

Old 09-02-2020, 04:24 PM

5,037 posts, read 6,920,241 times
This being police brings a lot of associated baggage. I think more clarity on the situation can be found if you replace 'police officers' with 'MBTA workers'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts