Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2020, 06:43 PM

2,080 posts, read 1,606,242 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach5 View Post
Well, you were there, too! What are people doing out?? So reckless.

I take walks every day, with my dog. I try my best to keep my social distance, though it isn't easy on some paths where bikers and joggers don't yield an inch and I have to go off-path, sometimes step in mud, to stay 6 ft. away from strangers.

Fresh air and moving around is good for people, I'd think. I would not expect parents of children to keep them inside for days at a time. And senior citizens need to exercise as well. It can be done, if there are places with wide paths and walkways.

Of course, if one has suspicious symptoms, then one has to stay inside.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2020, 06:47 PM

18,725 posts, read 33,390,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rach5 View Post
Well, you were there, too! What are people doing out?? So reckless.
People can be out and about if parks, etc. are not ordered closed and if they keep the appropriate social distance from each other and other people.

It's the same here in SW Colorado (I lived in Middlesex County for 45 years then retired here two years ago) and people here are very outdoors-oriented. However, some people have been going to the backcountry, snowboarding and starting avalanches, etc. and using up valuable energy and time and equipment from the small rescue and medical teams out here.

The whole state was "stay-home" directed four days ago and people are supposed to only go outdoors with the physical distance observed and within one's own town or county. Here, that's still pretty good.

Old 03-28-2020, 06:59 PM

2,674 posts, read 1,547,966 times
I was in my house all.week.long. I didn’t even realize it until my DH pointed it out and then we went for a walk. I’m entitled to some fresh air if everyone else is. Damn. And if you did any research you’d see it’s allowed. I was just suprised by the amount of people there. Every spot was filled and cars parked on the side of the road. Also the lot at Houghtons pond nearby was completely filled. I was suprised and probably won’t go there again.

Later in the day we also went down to duxbury beach and that was much less crowded.

Unless someone is being quarantined they can go for a walk outside.

Last edited by Bridge781; 03-28-2020 at 07:04 PM.. Reason: K

Old 03-28-2020, 10:26 PM

17,737 posts, read 9,192,519 times
There's a cat in Belgium with coronavirus.

https://nypost.com/2020/03/27/first-...ed-in-belgium/

Old 03-28-2020, 11:04 PM

6,126 posts, read 5,098,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
Massachusetts is up another 1000 cases today and 10 more people died for a total for 44. The vast majority of the deaths are 60 and up but there was a 50 year old without known preexisting conditions.

Here is a question. If you have been inside for two weeks now and haven't developed symptoms is it safe to assume you are clear?
I just crossed that milestone today and had a mini-celebration with myself. But yeah, this is only good until the next exposure. It's a matter of making quick infrequent dashes into grocery stores & pharmacies for the next several weeks (I do wear a mask & gloves, but still)...

My concern is my young adult daughter, who is itching to socialize with friends, and may regard her 2-week milestone as an "all clear".

Old 03-29-2020, 01:22 AM

1,529 posts, read 1,726,745 times
I have to admit, that this is the first time since the spread of this virus that I've gotten a bit nervous. I live overseas now, but my mom is in Mass and sister (and family) are in NH. I keep seeing the spread of the virus in the NYC area and just assume Mass (and the rest of New England) will get a huge wave of the virus very soon.

I really hope not.

Old 03-29-2020, 04:54 AM

2,955 posts, read 1,412,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
There's a cat in Belgium with coronavirus.

https://nypost.com/2020/03/27/first-...ed-in-belgium/

Terrible! I hope my cat doesn't get this.

Old 03-29-2020, 04:59 AM

2,955 posts, read 1,412,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolehboleh View Post
I have to admit, that this is the first time since the spread of this virus that I've gotten a bit nervous. I live overseas now, but my mom is in Mass and sister (and family) are in NH. I keep seeing the spread of the virus in the NYC area and just assume Mass (and the rest of New England) will get a huge wave of the virus very soon.

I really hope not.
Unfortunately it probably will spread all over from NY. Did you see the reports of police and national guards in Rhode Island stopping cars with New York tags? The NYers are fleeing for their lives apparently and will just increase the infection rates in the nearby states.

Old 03-29-2020, 05:15 AM

15,797 posts, read 20,504,199 times
Saw plenty of NY plates on the road yesterday.

Old 03-29-2020, 07:09 AM

24,559 posts, read 18,259,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
Saw plenty of NY plates on the road yesterday.

They're easy to spot

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts