Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2020, 09:41 AM

3,808 posts, read 3,139,335 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by robr2 View Post
Kinda sorta. He and Harris have called for a mandate but it is up to each state to do so.
I'm also doubtful they mean 'wearing' in absolute terms. I'm doubtful they'd advocate for spaced outdoor wearing.

On a related note: I was up in northern VT this weekend ... Champlain region ... and adherence to the mask mandate was, at best, very poor outside of the high income/high education regions (e.g., Woodstock). I'm not sure these mandates are particularly effective outside of dense urban areas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2020, 09:42 AM

17,737 posts, read 9,192,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
Biden is apparently planning to make masks mandatory. Everywhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robr2 View Post
Kinda sorta. He and Harris have called for a mandate but it is up to each state to do so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Biden
Every single American should be wearing a mask when they're outside for the next three months, at a minimum. Every governor should mandate mandatory mask-wearing," Biden said, suggesting that widespread mask use could save 40,000 lives over the next three months. "Let's institute a mask mandate nationwide starting immediately, and we will save lives.
^ He said that because he has no power to do anything during the next 3 months.

His plan is making masks mandatory...everywhere. States won't have a choice.

Old 09-10-2020, 10:35 AM

15,796 posts, read 20,504,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrewsburried View Post
On a related note: I was up in northern VT this weekend ... Champlain region ... and adherence to the mask mandate was, at best, very poor outside of the high income/high education regions (e.g., Woodstock). I'm not sure these mandates are particularly effective outside of dense urban areas.

I was up in rural Maine over the long weekend and saw the same thing. "what virus" is almost the general mindset. Grabbed a breakfast bagel on the way home from a hole-in-the-wall place and even though there were signs on the door saying masks required....nobody had them on, even people prepping food.

We stopped in downtown Portland, and I was impressed. 99% of so compliance on a busy Sat night with lines queued up to grab an outside table. Plenty of people out and about, and pretty much everyone wearing masks when they enter a congested area.

Old 09-10-2020, 11:18 AM

2,352 posts, read 1,780,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
His plan is making masks mandatory...everywhere. States won't have a choice.
Good luck getting unwilling states to actually enforce that.

Old 09-10-2020, 11:33 AM

2,674 posts, read 1,547,966 times
13 people on the swim team at BC have corona. About 60 are also in isolation now.

Old 09-10-2020, 01:19 PM

2,674 posts, read 1,547,966 times
Chatham is on the risky list now:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/boston....-map-list/amp/

Old 09-10-2020, 08:29 PM

7,924 posts, read 7,814,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
I was up in rural Maine over the long weekend and saw the same thing. "what virus" is almost the general mindset. Grabbed a breakfast bagel on the way home from a hole-in-the-wall place and even though there were signs on the door saying masks required....nobody had them on, even people prepping food.

We stopped in downtown Portland, and I was impressed. 99% of so compliance on a busy Sat night with lines queued up to grab an outside table. Plenty of people out and about, and pretty much everyone wearing masks when they enter a congested area.
Did you get the "Maine Stare". When I went up from Augusta up I find people just stare at you. Former governor LePage was the Trump before Trump. Oddly he's a bartender now.

Old 09-11-2020, 05:22 AM

23,560 posts, read 18,707,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
Weird, I'd estimate around 80% compliance in my area. Of course it varies by establishment. I stopped at the Hannaford in Millinocket (near where the recent outbreak was) and they literally stopped you at the door if you didn't have one (and had a stash on hand for those arriving without).

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdovell View Post
Did you get the "Maine Stare". When I went up from Augusta up I find people just stare at you.
Huh???

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdovell View Post
Former governor LePage was the Trump before Trump. Oddly he's a bartender now.
Not really...save for his scrappy "my way or the highway" leadership style. Why is that odd that he's a bartender? He's not a super wealthy man or anything, his wife waitressed even while he was governor.

Old 09-11-2020, 06:06 AM

12,429 posts, read 9,529,208 times
Fortunately, doctors have learned methods of using existing medications like anti-coagulants and anti-inflammatories in hospitals to mitigate severe cases of Covid-19, which reduces its death toll. However, things aren't actually good even now, and we will soon be entering the high season for cold, flu, and Covid-19.

"Fauci warns US needs to 'hunker down' for fall, winter: 'It's not going to be easy' "
https://thehill.com/policy/healthcar...ns-us-needs-to

Old 09-11-2020, 06:20 AM

6,125 posts, read 5,098,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorLover View Post
Fortunately, doctors have learned methods of using existing medications like anti-coagulants and anti-inflammatories in hospitals to mitigate severe cases of Covid-19, which reduces its death toll. However, things aren't actually good even now, and we will soon be entering the high season for cold, flu, and Covid-19.

"Fauci warns US needs to 'hunker down' for fall, winter: 'It's not going to be easy' "
https://thehill.com/policy/healthcar...ns-us-needs-to
Anyone know if there's anything different about this year's flu vaccine? I got my shot yesterday, and uncharacteristically for me, had a reaction to it! Hope it ends up helping this season.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts