Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 07:05 AM

149 posts, read 774,003 times

Advertisements

Long story short, took my child there. they have start up fees for pics, composite pages, etc. Seems like a lot of money and you always hear you shouldn't pay for any of these types of things however, this company works with Hollister, Abercrombie, Gap, etc so they sound legit. I wanted to get some feedback before I decide to pursue or not since my child really wants to do this...

Old 10-21-2007, 07:32 AM

200 posts, read 915,048 times
The guy who runs it sent me a few letters saying that he really thought my daughter had potential in the industry and wanted to get her some 'headshots'....but I never followed up...

I guess if you are really serious about getting in the business, (since you don't have to sign an exclusive agreement) it is probably best to represented by as many people/ agencies as possible (and realize that you will have to 'eat' the cost - since you will probably not really make money in it until a 'big break' comes along).

If your child is young...I would just ALWAYS keep an eye on your child. Nothing against them, or any other agency...it just seems like the kind of industry that can really draw some unsavory characters...

Old 10-22-2007, 05:52 AM

1,810 posts, read 10,484,726 times
Don't know anything about them...

Here's some information about modeling scams/faq..

Modeling Agency Scams (http://www.joeedelman.com/faq/scams/modelingscam.shtml - broken link)

Old 06-13-2008, 06:02 PM

2 posts, read 114,656 times
It's a year later and I just read your post and am wondering what you decided to do. My son has been with Dynasty for a year and has gotten 5 jobs. Boston is a very part-time modeling market.

Old 06-19-2008, 07:42 PM

1 posts, read 57,541 times
My child was under contract with them for a year and they were not good at all. They barely communicated with us at all, the "recommended" headshots be done by one of their photographers who cost 1200, we rarely got called for jobs and they often sent us to "open auditions" - meaning anyone off the street could attend without a card and didnt tell us that. Very disappointed.

Old 06-21-2008, 10:23 AM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,156,010 times
It sounds like Dynasty is more like a scam agency to sell photography services, and less a real modeling agency with integrity. The problem is that there are more people and kids wanting to be models than there are jobs for. Real modeling agencies are flooded with requests from people wanting to be represented by them. So they are able to be very picky and only take in those that are truly beautiful and special. Then these other scam agencies take advantage of those that aren't special enough to be a top level model and they try to sell them expensive photography services.

Old 08-10-2008, 12:28 AM

2 posts, read 114,656 times
Dynasty is a highly professional agency with excellent communication. I would rate them as the best agency to book your child with in Boston. And, I have made this judgment from talking with other parents as auditions, photo shoots, visiting other companies and web sites. The modeling world does not operate like other professions i.e. you have to buy comp cards, send in your own head shots, , attend auditions sometimes up to 2 hours from your home, go on constant interviews/auditions, expect intense competition. That is just how the "glamor" industry operates. Myself and other parents I've met through modeling have had the same experience. There isn't instant gratification; it is not a get rich quick scheme. Boston is not New York or LA. It is a part-time market. Also, I would not "blame" Dynasty for not getting jobs. I would blame the quality of the model's head shots or comp cards and the companies that hire the models. Check out the website, there are a vast numbers of models competing for those select jobs in a tight market.
I am writing this as a parent that has had 5 jobs with Dynasty in the past year, communicated with them often, and attended 5 auditions in the greater New England area of Fortune 500 companies and networked with parents in the industry.

Old 11-04-2008, 07:46 AM

1 posts, read 56,829 times
My son has been with Dynasty Models in Boston for the last year and a half. They are wonderful and we get calls non-stop for bookings as well as open auditions. Any angency you go to will charge you for pictures...that is the only money you will have to put up front. We have not paid a dime except for the photos in over a year. My son has gotten quite a bit of exposure through them and has traveled all over New England doing photo shoots and even commercials with them. It is a tough business and you do need to look out for yourself. Hope all works out!

Old 01-16-2009, 03:30 PM

1 posts, read 56,190 times
hi Trip,

My baby was just accepted at Dynasty. Do you know anything about what I can expect in terms of how this will proceed after I pay the upfront fee and provide pictures to them? What kinds of advice can you give me?

Thank you,
Amanda

Old 01-27-2009, 04:34 PM

1 posts, read 56,084 times
Default Signed with Dynasty

My daughter was signed with Dynasty models in Sept 08 and has only gone to one open call for Hasbro which they told me about when they signed her...have not received a phone call from them ever regarding any auditions...I've emailed them a few times and they claims the winter is slow...had to believe there are no open audition she could go to...they claim 90% of their models get work...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts