Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2009, 02:00 PM

722 posts, read 1,512,267 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGER.101ST View Post
i got him.not the one i wanted but he will do.6 point 174lb.
Good going Ranger, how are you going to have it butchered up?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2009, 03:19 PM

2,059 posts, read 4,204,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tankratt View Post
Good going Ranger, how are you going to have it butchered up?
i cut him up today.didnt take to long.he is in the freezer and ready for winter.

Old 11-29-2009, 01:55 PM

2,059 posts, read 4,204,922 times
as you all no rifle season is over and im sorry for those who didnt get their deer,but black powder is here so you might have a chance.
also dont forget about the one day a year you are guaranteed a big deer (Christmas) many maineahs sit out and Waite for the fat man to land on the roof.then boom.the best part is you dont have to drag it gravity does it for ya he just slides down the roof into the back of your truck and your good to go.
dont look at it as being bad and Santa wont bring you gift's all he will bring you is coal.
i could use the coal to burn and keep the house warm so its a plus.you get a deer and coal to cook it with.

Old 11-30-2009, 08:03 AM

8,767 posts, read 18,677,393 times
Skunked. But there is always next year.

Old 11-30-2009, 09:48 AM

2,788 posts, read 8,017,319 times
Me. too. skunked and dejected. Missed a really nice buck, just grazed him. Back to the target range for more practice.

Old 12-01-2009, 03:07 PM

I had an offer from a friend to join him black powder hunting today and it was tempting but I'd have to borrow one of his black powder rifles which I'm unfamiliar with so I declined.

Old 12-03-2009, 08:29 PM

346 posts, read 786,652 times
A deer that was spotted in Downtown Jersey City this morning is swimming across the Hudson River toward Governors Island in New York Harbor, Jersey City officials said moments ago.

The New York Police Harbor Patrol is monitoring the deer, which witnesses in Jersey City have said is a 10-point buck. The Harbor Patrol and Jersey City authorities combed the Jersey City waterfront, where the animal was seen.

Martinez said police and the city's Animal Control Office began receiving calls this morning about the deer spotted roaming downtown.

An Animal Control officer at the scene this afternoon told Jersey Journal reporter Michaelangelo Conte that deer were spotted a couple weeks ago near the Tonnelle Circle on the other side of the city

VIDEO

Deer Stranded At Governors Island (http://www.myfoxny.com/dpp/news/local_news/091201-deer-stranded-at-governors-island - broken link)

Old 12-03-2009, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClownShoes View Post
A deer that was spotted in Downtown Jersey City this morning is swimming across the Hudson River toward Governors Island in New York Harbor, Jersey City officials said moments ago.

The New York Police Harbor Patrol is monitoring the deer, which witnesses in Jersey City have said is a 10-point buck. The Harbor Patrol and Jersey City authorities combed the Jersey City waterfront, where the animal was seen.

Martinez said police and the city's Animal Control Office began receiving calls this morning about the deer spotted roaming downtown.

An Animal Control officer at the scene this afternoon told Jersey Journal reporter Michaelangelo Conte that deer were spotted a couple weeks ago near the Tonnelle Circle on the other side of the city

VIDEO

Deer Stranded At Governors Island (http://www.myfoxny.com/dpp/news/local_news/091201-deer-stranded-at-governors-island - broken link)
Poor Buck!

My friend was crossing a causeway in Yarmouth and a car was coming the other way when a big buck crossed ahead of him and just stood on the causeway between the stopped cars. He said it had no idea which way to go and eventually jumped into the cove and swam off. He said it was a nice one!
They do strange things during the rut.

Old 12-04-2009, 03:33 PM

2,788 posts, read 8,017,319 times
Geeze! I knew my shot gave that buck a wicked scare but I never thought he would go THAT far!

Old 12-05-2009, 06:13 PM

21,353 posts, read 8,454,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcrackly View Post
Geeze! I knew my shot gave that buck a wicked scare but I never thought he would go THAT far!
*Visions of T~ shakin' her arms in frustration at the deer while stompin' one foot in disbelief as she yells out, 'Geesum CROW!!!!*

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Sorry T~..... after yesterdays posts, I just had to!!!! Too dang funny!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine