Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 07:31 PM

323 posts, read 994,126 times

Advertisements

MSINA-

I would have sent my prayers earlier but don't get on here a whole lot. You have my continued prayer and I pray for a speedy recovery. Take care of yourself and know that God has his arms wrapped around you both!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2009, 03:52 AM

1 posts, read 1,297 times
Dear Msina,

Best wishes and prayers for your husband's swift recovery. Just a quick tip if the procedure has not been done yet ask why a Stent was not used to open the blocked vessel? Studies done showed Angioplasty or balloon placements done to open up blocked vessels have a 78% repeat/failure rate. A Stent like the one used on my late Dad has a Much higher long term success rate. It was almost like "some" hospitals like the repeat business/income/revenue stream from failed angioplasty balloon procedures. Good luck! John

Quote:
Originally Posted by island mermaid View Post
Good Morning friends and soon to be friends,

Our really good friend here in the Maine forum, Msina and one of our most deserving has contacted me this morning asking for our help. She was going to post the following in the off- topic but wasn't sure if it was appropriate. In this particular instance, IMHO I feel that it is appropriate to start a new thread. After-all, we do it for birthdays, this is far more important than any birthday. This is our friend, asking for our thoughts and prayers. Let's all do what we do best, come together as members of the same community and give her what she needs today, us.

Here is her message:

Folks, I'm going to ask you for something. Please,.. send out a lil thought for me today. My DH is my world. I sent him to the DR. Monday for chest pain.......... they gave him another prescription and sent him home. Last night I insisted on taking him to the hospital. Today they're sending him to EMMC for an angioplasty. He has had a heart attack. I KNOW he'll be okay, just know it but, I'm a lil shook up right now. I don't drive much anymore but I'll be fine. It would be nice to know that there's some "positive thoughts" out there in the world for us right now. I don't know when I'll be home tonight but I look forward to any postive messages, it would mean a lot to me right now. Our kids aren't close by and would only be more me to take care of right now and I haven't the place to put them up at this time as the house is more than half packed up to move next month. My two closest friends are out of state at this time. Thanks so much.

C'mon guys, let's do what we do! Msina needs us as much as we need her.

Old 04-20-2009, 04:55 AM

4,112 posts, read 6,526,816 times
Oh, msina.. I didn't see this thread until this morning, but a little bird ahd told me several days ago. Hope he is much better now.

Old 04-20-2009, 09:05 PM
RHB

1,098 posts, read 2,153,423 times
Well, your 5 days past the event...how is everyone holding up?

This is about the time I was going mad...I felt good, wanted to do things, but would get tired or found I wasn't really up for the task. I would have already read two books, and didn't want to read anything else...I was bored! I wanted to DO something.

Old 04-21-2009, 05:21 AM

78 posts, read 163,730 times
Many prayers for both you and your husband. I hope he is feeling better real soon!

Old 04-21-2009, 05:42 AM

2 posts, read 6,771 times
Will be praying for healing and No negative thoughts to enter your husband's or your mind.
God Bless!

Old 04-21-2009, 07:32 AM

7,727 posts, read 12,396,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RHB View Post
Well, your 5 days past the event...how is everyone holding up?

This is about the time I was going mad...I felt good, wanted to do things, but would get tired or found I wasn't really up for the task. I would have already read two books, and didn't want to read anything else...I was bored! I wanted to DO something.
You got it!! He's getting restless, to me, this is a good thing... he is eating well and bored. If he feels he wants to be able to do things then, in time he will. I'm trying to keep him from becoming stir crazy, that's the worst part of it for him right now. For me it's the stairs, up and down to do laundry and our bathroom is upstairs.

Old 05-05-2009, 08:06 AM
RHB

1,098 posts, read 2,153,423 times
How are you all doing? It's been a couple of weeks now, are things getting back to normal?

About this time, I would have gone back to work and started getting my life back. I still felt tired, but I think it was more of not doing anything for 2 weeks, then going back to work and trying to "catch up" on all the things I haven't done in two weeks, than it was the heart thing. I just really missed all my naps!

Old 05-05-2009, 10:07 AM

7,727 posts, read 12,396,072 times
He's feeling better, getting out a bit in the car with me. He had his follow up appt yesterday and I have to call and set up his cardio rehab. Thanks so much, it's been "real" . I'm sure it will continue to improve.

Old 05-06-2009, 06:40 AM

5,054 posts, read 12,435,447 times
Mama, that's wonderful news! How is the house stuff coming along?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
View detailed profiles of: