Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 01:46 PM

8,767 posts, read 18,690,392 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fort Lauderdale mermaid View Post
Well I hope they're running like that this year too! It's been a good many years since I've seen them run like that. But, we usually fish up in Bowdoinham too. Ayuh, the Muddy Rivah.
Little Fish Company or Wallentines?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2008, 01:47 PM

21,353 posts, read 8,458,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineah View Post
Lot of Allen's Coffee Brandy involved in that photo.
That's the best way to stay warm in Maine!!!!

Old 12-04-2008, 01:48 PM

3,231 posts, read 7,471,845 times
Quote:
Little Fish Company or Wallentines?
Andy Walletines, but Jimmy at Little Fish is an old friend too.

Old 12-04-2008, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fort Lauderdale mermaid View Post
Andy Walletines, but Jimmy at Little Fish is an old friend too.
Both are good places though I think we always caught more smelts at Wallentines. I remember one slow year the guys at Little Fish were telling people to hang a can of 9 lives tuna cat food under the shack with holes punched in it to draw in the smelts. Lo and behold the little store in downtown Bowdoinham had a big display of 9 lives tuna cat food prominently displayed beside the beer cooler......go figure!

Old 12-04-2008, 02:07 PM

I used to like snowmobiling but I just sold my last sled a month ago....no plans for new ones.

Old 12-04-2008, 02:29 PM

6,631 posts, read 13,560,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moughie View Post
I remember, way back when, we were sooo bundled up and we made all sorts
of squishy noises when we walked.
Steve bought a pair of rain pants for me so that I'd stay dry while hunting in the rain. I spent three hours sounding like a four year old in a snow suit.

Quote:
Ice drinking???
Surely you gest! We're serious fishermen! We only allow ourselves one beer soley for nourishment as the fishing is so fast and furious we don't have time to eat!
But it's a gallon sized bottle, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGER.101ST View Post
i think a good winter time hobbie would be a naked snow ball turnament and every time you hit some one you get to put a piece of clothing on.
Ok everyone. Line up so I can hit you all quickly and get some freaking clothes on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalMaine View Post
Or we could have a snorkeling contest to see who can beat this guy!
So much to say, so many moderators!

Old 12-04-2008, 02:39 PM

3,231 posts, read 7,471,845 times
(we were naughty this afternoon)

Old 12-04-2008, 06:22 PM

5,054 posts, read 12,435,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalMaine View Post
Or we could have a snorkeling contest to see who can beat this guy!
OMG! What have I missed??? I saw "we were naughty" and "can I get on top" and knew I had to get caught up!!!

Old 12-09-2008, 07:23 PM

10,428 posts, read 18,709,803 times
This is about winter hobbies, right? Take a deep breath elcarim; they were naked snowball fighting in Washington County (if only in cyberspace). I guess that's winter related. Now for a yank back to reality:

The National Weather Service says we will have below normal temps and above normal precip for the next 30 days. Most of us know what THAT means, a real winter. With gas prices down, hang onto your old snowmobiles. It should be a winter of the finest kind. At least we'll be better off than Siberia where they are forecast to have temps of 81 BELOW this week.

Hey, Where is your sleeping bag? Is it in the attic? Shouldn't it be in the back of your vehicle with some candles, a wool hat, mittens and some fruit cake? Dive down over the bank on Route 191 at night and you might be there a while.

Old 12-09-2008, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Maine Land Man View Post
This is about winter hobbies, right? Take a deep breath elcarim; they were naked snowball fighting in Washington County (if only in cyberspace). I guess that's winter related. Now for a yank back to reality:

The National Weather Service says we will have below normal temps and above normal precip for the next 30 days. Most of us know what THAT means, a real winter. With gas prices down, hang onto your old snowmobiles. It should be a winter of the finest kind. At least we'll be better off than Siberia where they are forecast to have temps of 81 BELOW this week.

Hey, Where is your sleeping bag? Is it in the attic? Shouldn't it be in the back of your vehicle with some candles, a wool hat, mittens and some fruit cake? Dive down over the bank on Route 191 at night and you might be there a while.
I'll pass on the fruit cake!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine