Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2008, 11:10 AM

44 posts, read 94,890 times

Advertisements

I guess we havent had a winter up here like this for a long time. And I hope we dont have another for a while. The way oil prices are I am looking into alternative heat sorces. But most of them are expencive too. I will say I wish I had an oil truck. They made a killing this winter. And the snow doesnt seem like its going away. As soon as it melts it snows again. My kids wont stay out side "its too cold" they whine. I remember my Mom wouldnt let us in till dinner. I guess kids are spoiled these days. Any who, Its been a while since I posted any thing. Working and fixing up my old house doesnt leave me much time for friends or a life. I hope all is well with you folks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2008, 11:12 AM

455 posts, read 1,228,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubec mason View Post
I guess we havent had a winter up here like this for a long time. And I hope we dont have another for a while. The way oil prices are I am looking into alternative heat sorces. But most of them are expencive too. I will say I wish I had an oil truck. They made a killing this winter. And the snow doesnt seem like its going away. As soon as it melts it snows again. My kids wont stay out side "its too cold" they whine. I remember my Mom wouldnt let us in till dinner. I guess kids are spoiled these days. Any who, Its been a while since I posted any thing. Working and fixing up my old house doesnt leave me much time for friends or a life. I hope all is well with you folks.

Welcome back.

Old 03-31-2008, 11:17 AM

7,727 posts, read 12,386,209 times
It sure is good to see you post. It has been quite the winter, I imagine it was a bit of a shock to the kids as there was a lot of snow. As they get a bit bigger you won't be able to keep them in the house but this was a year of big adjustments for them. I hope all is well and that you're all healthy.

Old 03-31-2008, 01:12 PM

37,470 posts, read 61,415,702 times
Lubec mason -

Welcome back

It is snowing here today Woo Hoo!

"The way oil prices are I am looking into alternative heat sorces. But most of them are expencive too"

Passive solar is expensive to build, but free to operate.

Active solar is also expensive to build and costs a small bit to operate.

Wood and peat are both cheap, which is why we use them both.

Wood pellets and corn are both available, but they do cost $ and require electricity.

You do have options.

Old 04-01-2008, 07:50 AM

12 posts, read 36,721 times
Question for you Lubec Mason, How many businesses stayed open this winter? The economy i hard all over and we are planning to buy our property there in the Lubec area early next winter to build on the following spring.....

Old 04-01-2008, 08:37 AM

2,133 posts, read 5,878,450 times
Lubec Mason, welcome back. Hope to see you here more often.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine