Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2008, 12:54 PM

2,133 posts, read 5,879,428 times

Advertisements

I'm sorry MEnME. I'm sure that Georgio lived a much better and longer life with your care.

Old 02-09-2008, 12:57 PM

48,149 posts, read 22,016,035 times
Oh MEnME, not to worry about the spelling of my name! I do so understand what you are going thru and want to support you during your sorrow. The loss of a beloved companion animal causes real grief. We bond with them and they are so innocent, accepting and dependant upon that us, that it illicits the deepest of emotions and attatchment. When they are gone, that love and mutuality has no place to be expressed and fulfilled. It hurts.

I lost my beloved "Hannah" two years ago; all I can tell you is that with the passage of time...it does get better; just as it did when I lost my mother 5 years ago. The pain of seperation mellows and what is left is the memory of the special relationship and an appreciation of what it means to be able to give and receive love and an understanding; that doesn't end with death. Hannah is with me and in my thoughts and my heart; she isn't sick or old anymore and she is coming home with me to Maine. (How she loved to ride in the car )

Old 02-09-2008, 01:04 PM

612 posts, read 1,216,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post

Hannah is with me and in my thoughts and my heart (and she is coming home with me to Maine).

Thank you for your kindness.

Georgio will be with us too and going home to Eastport.

Old 02-09-2008, 01:09 PM

874 posts, read 1,856,395 times
I am so sorry for your loss.

Old 02-09-2008, 02:19 PM

Location: :0)1 CORINTHIANS,13*"KYRIE, ELEISON"*"CHRISTE ELEISON"
3,078 posts, read 6,201,046 times
Default HELLO MEnME!!

I am so SORRY MEnME!!

I am very sorry about your loss, and everything you have had to go through,

in such a short period of time! I truly am!!

But PLEASE try to HANG in there!

These TESTS will make your FAITH a stronger one, as strange as that might

sound. Offer all of this pain & sorrow, for the SAKE of HIS SORROWFUL

PASSION!! And somehow you will feel better, the Holy Spirit will touch you &

comfort you in such a horrible time in your life. It will get better!

I will keep you in my thoughts & prayers! HANG IN THERE!

May the PEACE of OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST help you through this year!

Take good care,

Blessings,

Countrylv22

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEnME View Post
This one a few weeks ago. Thanks for all your support guys.

It has been a difficult year so far. My Mom died January 7th and Georgio February 8th. These combined with Danny's coma last Oct 3rd has been a test of my faith.

Old 02-09-2008, 05:29 PM

4,537 posts, read 9,192,983 times
I'm sure Giorgio had a grand time enjoying his fun life with you. And I am sorry for the loss of your friend.

As I anticipate a possible move to Maine, I looked at animal shelters there and found several great ones quickly. I won't put any links here now, but they will be very easy to find for you when you are ready and resettled. You know there is a little one there who is waiting for you and would love to come home with you.

God bless

Old 02-09-2008, 06:42 PM

380 posts, read 1,178,973 times
MEnMe (and Maine4), I'm so sorry for the loss of your beloved pet, and also your mother recently. Georgio was lucky to have someone who loved him so much.

I lost a 14 year old dog last year. He was my constant companion through many difficult years. I was single and lived alone much of that time. The love between pet and person can be so strong, and so pure. It's pretty special that the highlight of someone's day - every day - is when you walk through that front door. Pets love us unconditionally, that's more than we can say for most humans. Cherish the time you had with your dear kitty, and you will always have him with you. I still think of my old pup Butch Cassidy often, but have been able to open up my heart to love two other sweet dogs I adopted. I'm sending you virtual hugs from myself and my pups.

Last edited by McMar; 02-09-2008 at 07:15 PM..

Old 02-09-2008, 08:10 PM

St. Irenaeus said that “the Glory of God is man fully alive,” then we should be able to recognize that glory in the people around us. Each and every one of you has within you the love that was meant to be shared and you reached out to others...to Elcarium...maine4.us and myself with love and the message of hope. Thank you to everyone for your kindness and friendship.

Old 02-09-2008, 08:41 PM

48,149 posts, read 22,016,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McMar View Post
MEnMe (and Maine4), I'm so sorry for the loss of your beloved pet, and also your mother recently. Georgio was lucky to have someone who loved him so much.

I lost a 14 year old dog last year. He was my constant companion through many difficult years. I was single and lived alone much of that time. The love between pet and person can be so strong, and so pure. It's pretty special that the highlight of someone's day - every day - is when you walk through that front door. Pets love us unconditionally, that's more than we can say for most humans. Cherish the time you had with your dear kitty, and you will always have him with you. I still think of my old pup Butch Cassidy often, but have been able to open up my heart to love two other sweet dogs I adopted. I'm sending you virtual hugs from myself and my pups.
I cant give you more reps just now; but I so completely understand what you are saying about your relationship with Butch Cassidy! Treasure it and hold on to it. It was real and it matters. God Bless you and your new doggies. Give them a pat or a treat from me, please!

Old 02-09-2008, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMar View Post

Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine