Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2008, 08:35 AM

37,469 posts, read 61,415,702 times

Advertisements

Hopefully the insurance will kick in fast. They may well be up-graded, re-built, and running again by mid-summer.

It is amazing how fast some of these contractors can throw up a building. I just was watching one store front in Old Town put in gas pumps. The hole was dug fast, tanks installed, concrete pad and pumps over the top, big steel canopy with bright lights over the pumps, and poof. They are pumping gas.

The lights are really bright too, and hit you in the face when you drive around the curve at night.

My point being, that it is possible in Maine to have a store front like that completely rebuilt in a matter of three or four months.

Old 02-07-2008, 08:44 AM

612 posts, read 1,216,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corgis View Post
The Irving Gas Station and Convenience store in Eastport burned to the ground yesterday - the only place to get milk and bread after the IGA and the General Store closes. Big article with pictures in today's Bangor News. Sure hope they rebuild it.
I just got the link to the Bangor News article in an email from DH about the Irving fire. Gosh, I hate that so much. We stopped there often on our visit in August '07. I know it will be missed and sure hope Irving rebuilds. I will remember in prayer the employees that are now without jobs.

Last edited by Eastport4me; 02-07-2008 at 08:50 AM.. Reason: Add a line

Old 02-07-2008, 08:51 AM

874 posts, read 1,855,958 times
I have been so busy lately with sick kiddos and such. But we are all on the mend now. Of course, no snow days when anyone was sick but now they are all home again today. I must kick them outside soon. LOL
In celebration of feeling better and no more pneumonia for my 4yo daughter she and I will be seeing Disney Princesses on Ice tomorrow. I'm so excited for her as seeing the Icecapades when I was a little girl was a sweet memory for me. I suspect that a princess filled version will be even more fun for her.

Old 02-07-2008, 08:54 AM

612 posts, read 1,216,510 times
Thought For The Day:

God did not promise day's without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but he did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, light for the way. If he brings you to it, he will bring you throught it.

Old 02-07-2008, 10:22 AM

8,357 posts, read 25,242,922 times
Default things to think about

How do people who never had a real job in their life become multi-multi-millionaires on Congressional salaries? Do the math.

Why do medical doctors statistically die younger than the general population?
How is mercury a deadly poison wherever it is found except while it is inside of your tooth?

Why did I get a seatbelt ticket while 40 Million kids ride school buses daily with no seatbelts?

What is the significance of the evolution of the Legal Tender Notice on Federal Reserve Notes?

YouTube - Constitutionality of the Federal Reserve System - Ed Vieira

Why would the US drop cluster bombs and food packets of the same color in Afghanistan?

American Humanitarian Daily Ration program in Afghanistan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Once you've gone down the rabbit hole, you can research the "fighting quaker". Unless of course you prefer lullabies to wake up calls...

And doesn't Osama Bin Laden remind of you this....

Emmanuel Goldstein - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 02-07-2008, 11:04 AM

175 posts, read 420,373 times
Ok this is totally not having anything to do with anything, but I must ask this. It is driving me crazy. How in the heck do you put something in the line under your name? I have looked on my profile thing and cannot for the life of me figure this out. I know it is something so very simple, but call me blonde ( which I am ). This has me stumped. HELP!!

Old 02-07-2008, 11:10 AM

7,395 posts, read 13,102,570 times
at the top of your page, in the blue border, click on "My Settings".....in the left hand column of that page, click on "edit profile".....what you're looking to change is called "custom user title"......you have to have a certain number of posts and/or rep points to change it, and I'm sorry I don't remember the particulars but I think you're all set It will be fun to see what you put there!

Old 02-07-2008, 11:29 AM

Thank you very much. It was driving me nuts. Maybe I don't have enough and that is why I couldn't find it. I will look again. Thanks so much!!

Old 02-07-2008, 11:31 AM

Well I looked and still don't see it. I must not have enough yet. I will keep checking.
Thanks and have a great day!!

Old 02-07-2008, 11:33 AM

2,724 posts, read 6,427,044 times
Glad to see Miss Molly is back.....now we wait for the arrival of M.

YouTube - Petting a Moose in Maine

YouTube - young white tailed deer in road.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine