Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2008, 05:21 AM

4,112 posts, read 6,528,926 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGER.101ST View Post
I SEE A CUTE CHICK ONCE THEN I MERRIED HER NOW SHES A BEAUTIFULL HEN
WHO KACKELS ONCE IN A WHILE.
Omg... my laughs for the day have started!!!

Old 06-01-2008, 05:23 AM

4,112 posts, read 6,528,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine Writer View Post
After this I promise to hush about the poults. I caught one
hatching this morning.
Robin, that was a great video. Thanks for sharing your chicks!

Old 06-01-2008, 07:39 AM

2,712 posts, read 5,662,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msina View Post
Wise guy As long as you're happy having lil kittens around all is well. If you find you have more kittens than you want or need, spaying is an option (as you, I'm sure know). I'm an advocate of spaying or nuetering most pets. Then again, I'm in no position at this time to properly care for a breeding animal. We will be getting a new pup on Thursday. I've already had an inquiry about using him as a "stud". As he will be a pet I plan to have him "fixed" (or broken, depending on your point of view).
Good for you! I am of the same mind... especially for cats, as there are ALWAYS more kittens. We have yet to get our Saint fixed, but will at the point when there is a yard for her to be in, unsupervised. At present she is always on leash with us, the single exception was yesterday in KAFs outdoor kennel...where she would not have been left had she been in heat.

Old 06-01-2008, 07:46 AM

2,712 posts, read 5,662,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
I was taught how to remove oysters when I was a kid [raising cattle and hogs], and I have removed a few oysters over the years [mostly goats].

Good eats

I have never attempted to do that on a female though.
Somewhere -- Countryside mag comes to mind -- someone once wrote a tongue in cheek article on "how to spay a cat." I believe it was written by the vet, in their column and they indeed went through the whole procedure (I worked as a vet tech for a bit, so I have observed quite a few and know they got it all in there)... but every line pretty much ended up the same way... "... or else dead cat."

The intent was to answer the constant theme of questions from folks wanting to avoid the cost of a vet visit for this invasive procedure, and to explain that it REALLY WAS NECESSARY to use a vet for this one, in a kind of humorous way.

Unfortunately there were some who did not get it and wrote the inevitable "HOW DARE YOU..." letters.

I have done male critters... and helped to do male dog even (one of my backwoods neighbors did the deed) but I would get on the list for a low cost clinic these days. They are becoming more available as the awareness for the need increases.

Old 06-01-2008, 11:47 AM

278 posts, read 700,738 times
Default Where's Mollysmiles?

Doesn't she hangout here any more?

Old 06-01-2008, 12:25 PM

1,698 posts, read 3,343,559 times
Of course.... is there anyother place to "hang out".

Old 06-01-2008, 12:30 PM

1,895 posts, read 5,907,072 times
I'm hoping she is taking a weekend off, and hopefully doing so in a mud-covered Jeep somewhere in the wilds of Maine..

Old 06-01-2008, 01:24 PM

7,395 posts, read 13,118,365 times
oh I wish!

It's a very busy week coming up....and emotional too. Last night was Senior Prom for Amy. Everyone was so beautiful! We grow great looking kids here you guys! All that fresh air I didn't cry either.....and I'm going to try try try to keep it that way too. Friday night is Class Night, Saturday is her graduation party. A week from now, at this time, I will be sitting in the gym at CHS watching her graduate. Ok, not gonna cry....geez! Also, in a week we'll know if she's gotten enough aid to go to JWU or if she'll have to defer for a year. The good thing is that she's completely ok with that....now. It's been a tough couple of weeks scrambling and such.

So last week I ran around getting some things done for the party, and I'll do the same thing this week too. And next year I get to do the same thing for Michael Then I get a year off before I do it for Katy! lol....thank heavens Jake is only 9....I will sooooo need that break.

I'm actually the only one here in the house right now. Something that very very rarely happens so it's a real treat when it does! It's only going to last for another few minutes though....

what are all of you up to today? It's June 1st.....wow! My parents always said that time goes faster as you get older. At this rate when I'm 60 a year is only going to last a month!

Old 06-01-2008, 01:43 PM

1,180 posts, read 2,494,315 times
Hey Molly, I work at CHS in Florida, and we too are the BLUE DEVILS! We had our graduation Friday evening. For Florida it was a beautiful evening. We started at 8pm and the sun was low in the sky and a wonderful breeze kicked in. By the end of the program, it was almost light sweater weather. Time does fly as we are on the way to Eastport on Thursday, at the latest! It is a special time when our children graduate! It is the first long range goal they have achieved.

Old 06-01-2008, 01:43 PM

3,468 posts, read 7,253,742 times
I'm thick... what's JWU?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine