Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2008, 07:18 AM

1,698 posts, read 3,336,890 times

Advertisements

Thanks, always better late then never. hehe

It's true mainebroker man.
I'm pretty good at talking with my teenage daughter. She asks me things and things I wouldn't believe she would talk with me over. So our relationship is pretty open.

I too would worry about her being with friends driving. She bought her own car so she's the one in control of everyone.

I feel she's a good driver. I have no problems with her driving her sister around when she is doing errands. Even thou they fight, she still likes to take her to the movies and to lunch with her.
I think it's because she knows her sister thinks shes so cool.

She works at our restaurant so I know where she is the other half of the time when she's not in school.
But........... she knows that the kind of stuff she's dealing with is nothing like it was for me.

Most of the boys tore off there jackets to fist fight over something silly and when they fell down that was the end... the winner was just that.

I feel lucky there.

Old 04-06-2008, 07:32 AM

4,112 posts, read 6,517,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peachie_in_maine View Post
Thanks, always better late then never. hehe

It's true mainebroker man.
I'm pretty good at talking with my teenage daughter. She asks me things and things I wouldn't believe she would talk with me over. So our relationship is pretty open.

I too would worry about her being with friends driving. She bought her own car so she's the one in control of everyone.

I feel she's a good driver. I have no problems with her driving her sister around when she is doing errands. Even thou they fight, she still likes to take her to the movies and to lunch with her.
I think it's because she knows her sister thinks shes so cool.

She works at our restaurant so I know where she is the other half of the time when she's not in school.
But........... she knows that the kind of stuff she's dealing with is nothing like it was for me.

Most of the boys tore off there jackets to fist fight over something silly and when they fell down that was the end... the winner was just that.

I feel lucky there.
Our only child is a 19 year old daughter, so we've been driving for a while. we bought the car and pay the insurance as she is full time enrolled and paid for her entire first year in cash by herself!!! She is also pulling 2 jobs (and one ended up being more or less volunteer as she will see no pay until July-ish).

It can be scary, but I spent the day with used to be mentors, now coworkers(for lack of a better term) who continually gushed about her performance and maturity. If I was a peacock, I would have all my feathers splayed for weeks on end following my conversations with them.

Old 04-06-2008, 08:16 AM

37,441 posts, read 61,352,754 times
There's no place like home. / WIZARD OF OZ / 1939

Old 04-06-2008, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
There's no place like home. / WIZARD OF OZ / 1939
Yesss that's true.
Wow ...1939.
I didn't realize it was that year. Wow again.

Old 04-06-2008, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramamama6685 View Post
Our only child is a 19 year old daughter, so we've been driving for a while. we bought the car and pay the insurance as she is full time enrolled and paid for her entire first year in cash by herself!!! She is also pulling 2 jobs (and one ended up being more or less volunteer as she will see no pay until July-ish).

It can be scary, but I spent the day with used to be mentors, now coworkers(for lack of a better term) who continually gushed about her performance and maturity. If I was a peacock, I would have all my feathers splayed for weeks on end following my conversations with them.
Smiles.
Well... mom's have a tough job, and it's always good when we are rewarded with good kids.

Anyone here have children in law enforement?

Since my daughter was 12 she has wanted to be a state trooper. Now at almost 17 she has joined the explorer program where she is being exposed to a wide range of law basically the instructors are working border patrol officers. I as mom am worried about my little girl.
She has an uncle who is a police officer and she wants to be apart of that. I as mom, who has no real strong nerve is still supportive but am hoping she will swing towards border patrol.
I know that can be dangerous, but something makes me feel safer about that. Maybe the fact that most times she will have people around her. I think of her walking into a domestic violent home and ... that scares me.
Anyways... wanted some insight. Thanks.

If none... anyone else getting alittle bit tired of the mittens and snow shovel spring wear?

Old 04-06-2008, 01:29 PM

612 posts, read 1,215,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dramamama6685 View Post
Maybe they can get special crosswalks with deer footprints painted on so that they will know where it's safe to cross!!!! LOL!!
Talk to the Animals (deer)....Dr. Dolittle

Old 04-06-2008, 01:42 PM

2,054 posts, read 4,577,484 times
In Greenville they have moose prints at all the street crossings.

Old 04-06-2008, 03:22 PM

37,441 posts, read 61,352,754 times
You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and blow. / TO HAVE AND HAVE NOT / 1944

Old 04-06-2008, 04:03 PM

19,968 posts, read 30,200,655 times
" doesn't anyone ever friggin knock anymore" (judge reinhold, fast times at ridgemont high" (if this doesnt ring a bell, think of phoebe cates)

Old 04-07-2008, 05:12 PM

612 posts, read 1,215,907 times
"Sometimes I think you ain't got the sense God gave a lemon." Driving Miss Daisy.

Daisy's housekeeper, Idella (Ester Rolle), mutters to herself about Miss Daisy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine