Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2008, 05:55 AM

4,112 posts, read 6,520,012 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by corgis View Post
Molly - Your uncle Jim just emailed mensaguy a picture of our house taken last August from the air - cool picture.
Such a small world. Maybe I'll get to meet Uncle Jim next time up!

Old 05-01-2008, 07:21 PM

3,231 posts, read 7,464,599 times
Default Maineah, nice job - well done!

May I just take a moment to congratulate Maineah for his lovely daughters graduation from Champlain College this weekend.... Yeah! Woot Woot!

He's headed to Burlington this weekend and I personally just wanted all to know how proud he is of this wonderful young woman and all of her accomplishments! We're all so proud and enjoying the moment with you.

Nice job Tim, celebrate this weekend and enjoy. Please give my best to all of your family.

Old 05-01-2008, 08:22 PM

2,059 posts, read 4,203,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7th generation View Post
NOW THATS FUNNY I THOUGHT IT WAS A REAL BEAR UNTILL HE DONE THE ROPE A DOPE AND THEN THE KARATE KICK . OR MAY BE HES BEEN WATCHING BEAR T.V.

Old 05-02-2008, 06:15 AM

16,673 posts, read 15,672,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dramamama6685 View Post
Such a small world. Maybe I'll get to meet Uncle Jim next time up!
He's not hard to find. He owns Baycity Mobil. You can find some really nice aerial photos he has taken of Eastport here: James' photos- powered by SmugMug

Old 05-02-2008, 05:45 PM

7,395 posts, read 13,101,169 times
geez how'd I miss all this?! that's great corgis and mensaguy!! and I have to agree, the photos are wonderful!

Old 05-02-2008, 10:19 PM

Location: :0)1 CORINTHIANS,13*"KYRIE, ELEISON"*"CHRISTE ELEISON"
3,078 posts, read 6,198,331 times
Red face HELLO EVERYONE! I need some HELP again, PLEASE!

I hope that this finds everyone doing well

Since, this is the OFF TOPIC THREAD, I hope that its OK to post this here

I originally posted a question about a problem with my A/C but since its really

a HOUSE topic it got moved to that area, rightfully so

First of all, I wanted to THANK all of the WONDERFUL PEOPLE on the MAINE

forum that came to my rescue actually more people answered my post in

the MAINE forum, and only 2 in the HOUSE section

Here is an UPDATE:

So, here is the situation, I had to have the CAPACITOR & CONDENSER FAN

FAN changed. And it seemed to be working fine, until this week

the circuit breakers kept dropping, falling or turning off by themselves, the

A/C would not last 10 minutes on and boom OFF it would go

So, in your opinion, does it seem that now I might need to change the circuit

breakers??

Furthermore, why would this be happening??

When the tech guys came over, they cleaned everything in the upstairs unit,

as well as the inside. They also said, that in the near future I should consider

changing the actual unit on the roof

Anyway, THANK YOU ALL for HELPING me out This situation has

been driving me NUTS It seems like the SAGA never ends.......

I appreciate ALL of your input!

Take good care everyone!

Have a GREAT weekend!

Countrylv22

Last edited by countrylv22; 05-02-2008 at 10:20 PM.. Reason: THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP!:0)I APPRECIATE IT ALL!:0) YOU ALL ARE SO HELPFUL & KIND!:0) PEACE! :0)

Old 05-03-2008, 05:27 AM

7,395 posts, read 13,101,169 times
Countrylv22 I wish I could help! Definitely not my area at all!! Now if the question was about early childhood ed or development I'd be there! I don't know who replied to you before but I think if you don't hear from Bydand or Zymer or one of our other technical/electrical type people maybe you could DM them

Old 05-03-2008, 07:11 AM

1,698 posts, read 3,338,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollysmiles View Post
Countrylv22 I wish I could help! Definitely not my area at all!! Now if the question was about early childhood ed or development I'd be there! I don't know who replied to you before but I think if you don't hear from Bydand or Zymer or one of our other technical/electrical type people maybe you could DM them
I'm with Molly too. It's not my area of know how at all. I too wish you the best with someone more topic knowledged.
Good Luck.
Tami~peachie

Old 05-03-2008, 07:22 AM

1,180 posts, read 2,490,851 times
Cntryluv22: I have a good background in electronics, and know the parts and their functions of an A/C unit. If you say our breakers are falling out, do you mean they are falling out of the panel box, loose? or do you mean they just keep tripping. They trip when they are half-day between on and off. If they are tripping, the new fan motor, and capacitor are faulty. The fan is drawing too much electrical current, and rather than heat up the wiring, and cause a fire, the breaker is tripping. The A/C tech can measure the startup and run current of the fan, and if it is out of the normal range, it needs to be replaced, regardless if it is new or not. Now, the other issue. If the compressor is several years old, and has a high current draw, there is a start capacitor on it also. It could be bad. That would lead to a breaker trip everytime the compressor cycled (not the fan). The fan is not an expensive (too expensive) repair, but if the fan is okay, the logical next problem would be the compressor. To repair that is very expensive. You can either have a whole unit put in, or just replace the compressor. Not to be too technical here, but I would only replace the compressor if I had not had to add freon every year or so. A compressor will cost in the neighborhood of $500-900. A competent A/C guy will use his test equipment, and tell you exactly what is wrong, and the approximate cost of the repair. A whole unit, inside and out, can probably be bought for less than $4000. If you want a check list to give the guy when he comes again, DM me and I will email you specific questions to ask him...I have a great A/C guy, and they are very hard to come by.

The easiest thing would be that the breaker has become weak. IF the breaker has tripped many times, it can become weak, and it just won't stay on anymore and nothing is wrong, except it needs to be replaced. The A/C guy can tell you at the panel box exactly how many amps the unit is drawing, and if that amp draw is normal, then it is definitely the breaker. Your A/C apparently didn't do any of this diagnostic testing. Not to be gloom and doom, but you might not have even needed a fan in the first place.

Last edited by maine4.us; 05-03-2008 at 07:30 AM.. Reason: omission

Old 05-03-2008, 07:35 AM

12,083 posts, read 38,855,962 times
Maine4Us is dead on.

The FIRST thing any service tech should have done is check current draw (how many amps of electricity the unit is drawing) and gone from there. Sounds like you had some "parts changers" there and not good techs. If it is operating within specs, then it is conceivable for the breaker to be bad, but personally I doubt they will find this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine