Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2008, 09:02 PM

444 posts, read 928,759 times

Advertisements

I think our trailer is haunted.

Old 04-03-2008, 09:20 PM

1,180 posts, read 2,490,851 times
Ditto for me on the Tim Horton's! Wish we had them here in the US! A bowl of soup, a good sandwich and a cup of coffee! Oh yeah!

Old 04-03-2008, 09:21 PM

612 posts, read 1,216,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txmom View Post
I think our trailer is haunted.
What is happening?

Old 04-03-2008, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEnME View Post
What is happening?
Tonight I was sitting down putting together photo albums for the kids after they went to bed. I heard my name clearly spoken...wasn't my husband or my kids. I keep running into things, and also hitting my head - seriously, like someone is trying to get my attention.

My husband's grandmother and grandfather lived in this trailer until their deaths, and my husband's cousin almost refused to come in the trailer this summer because she says Nana's spirit is still here. She was very close to Nana, and got very emotional when she did come inside. It's a 1968 Holly Park mobile home that the grandparents bought when they handed over the fuel company to my husband's uncle and cousin.

Sooo...maybe it's Nana?

Old 04-03-2008, 10:44 PM

8,767 posts, read 18,669,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txmom View Post
Tonight I was sitting down putting together photo albums for the kids after they went to bed. I heard my name clearly spoken...wasn't my husband or my kids. I keep running into things, and also hitting my head - seriously, like someone is trying to get my attention.

My husband's grandmother and grandfather lived in this trailer until their deaths, and my husband's cousin almost refused to come in the trailer this summer because she says Nana's spirit is still here. She was very close to Nana, and got very emotional when she did come inside. It's a 1968 Holly Park mobile home that the grandparents bought when they handed over the fuel company to my husband's uncle and cousin.

Sooo...maybe it's Nana?
Maybe she wants to tell you something? Try a tape recorder, seems to work on those paranormal shows!

Old 04-04-2008, 04:07 AM

6,631 posts, read 13,542,872 times
Can you make yourself a cup of coffee or tea, sit at the table and invite her to visit? I have no idea if something like that works.

A few weeks after my mother died my dad sat in the livingroom thinking about her. He had a horrible time dealing with Mum's death. He mumbled outloud, "if you're ok give me a sign." The small wind chimes she had hanging in windows chimed. The windows weren't open.

Old 04-04-2008, 05:45 AM

Thanks Maineah and Maine writer. I will try the tape recorder. Also, she did love having people over for tea...I'll try that.

Old 04-04-2008, 06:07 AM

2,712 posts, read 5,654,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine Writer View Post
Can you make yourself a cup of coffee or tea, sit at the table and invite her to visit? I have no idea if something like that works.

A few weeks after my mother died my dad sat in the livingroom thinking about her. He had a horrible time dealing with Mum's death. He mumbled outloud, "if you're ok give me a sign." The small wind chimes she had hanging in windows chimed. The windows weren't open.
yes, it works... Honestly, some times all it takes is seriously acknowledging that you know they are there, and starting a conversation. Be aware of fleeting thoughts "out of nowhere" that cross your mind... the hard part (for me anyway) was always quelling the "is it real or wishful thinking" thoughts of my analytical brain when trying to use/train/listen to both my intuition and voices from other planes. For me, again, I did learn that if I "have to" ask that question, it is just my own thoughts... your mileage may vary.

I am told that sometimes they are not aware that they are dead (though I cannot imagine that not crossing the mind at some point, when no one responds to you and things just go on around you like you were, well, NOT there~ LOL) most likely, in my experience, there is some strong connection to the place that they feel they can not, or dare not leave until someone knows what they know or acknowledges their presence and asks them to leave. I have never dealt with a relative who hung around for a long while, but I did move into a "haunted" apartment, where the spirit of a young child had to be asked to leave the closet in the bedroom. I am not sure what went on, but once he was assured that he was safe and it was ok to leave and follow the light, everyone who was there felt or saw him pass through the living room and out (through) the front door, and we were able to sleep in that room without issue.

Old 04-04-2008, 12:37 PM

8,767 posts, read 18,669,478 times
My father was highly intelligent man but very insecure and jealous. He became a mean possive alcoholic who beat us all when we were kids. My mother had double black eyes on several occasions. The beatings were terrible and none of us will ever forget them. He even set "booby traps" with knives stuck in doorways trying to injure my mother when she came in the house. He was a sicko.
When he died( I was 15) he haunted the house for a while. He was into plants and books and in the middle of the night plants would fly across the room without anyone in the room. The washing machine located in the kitchen would turn on all by itself. Books he had collected would fly down stairways with no one upstairs. A whole three section book shelf that had been hanging on the wall for years suddenly let go one night when everyone was in bed. The books had been violently tossed all the way across the room not just falling straight down as you would expect from a shelf falling off a wall. I remember my mother screaming in tears at "his ghost" to leave us alone and a few days later he did. It sure was creepy for a while though!

Old 04-04-2008, 03:38 PM

2,724 posts, read 6,425,582 times
This is the original State of Maine flag.~circa 1901~

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine