Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2016, 02:57 PM

565 posts, read 936,049 times

Advertisements

Ended up with 4" or so in Knox county. Just enough to use the snowblower.... 14" for the season total here now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2016, 03:40 PM

83,540 posts, read 75,390,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineborzoi View Post
While it took its sweet time getting started this morning, it is coming down fast and heavy now. Our winter weather advisory is gone, and now a Winter Storm Warning
."
Whoa, didn't know there was a warning out. Looks like it's pretty much done now for Maine...just snow showers around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inthetrees View Post
Ended up with 4" or so in Knox county. Just enough to use the snowblower.... 14" for the season total here now.
Nice... keep track. I have a journal with daily storm details for years. Fun to look back on for your own backyard..

Looks like W ROQUE BLUFFS with 7.1". ELLSWORTH with 6.2"

National Weather Service Text Product Display

Old 01-16-2016, 03:44 PM

Next big (or noteworthy) snowstorm to watch out for is next week around the 23rd.

Both Canadian and GFS models have it. Euro does not.

They show another Nor'Easter/Coastal storm so depending on track Northern Maine might miss out with Southern Maine being heavy snow, or Southern Maine might be rain. Wayy too early for details..

For now Monday, Tues, Wed we got snow showers here and there and cold air...

Old 01-17-2016, 09:44 AM

3,925 posts, read 4,133,526 times
We got 6-8 inches in northern MDI. The south got way less. So now we have 10-12 for the season, but the first batch melted completely.

Old 01-17-2016, 12:47 PM

217 posts, read 200,098 times
A long way off and certainly not set in stone, but the forecast models seem to be in agreement for a serious snow threat for this coming weekend. Maine on the fringe, more of a threat for DC to Boston at this point. This far out, I suspect it'll change course one way or another.

Old 01-17-2016, 02:38 PM

1,246 posts, read 1,302,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpTheCreek View Post
A long way off and certainly not set in stone, but the forecast models seem to be in agreement for a serious snow threat for this coming weekend. Maine on the fringe, more of a threat for DC to Boston at this point. This far out, I suspect it'll change course one way or another.
Most of our family lives in Northern Virginia area, and just checking the forecast- sure enough- looks like 12 " of snow plus a bit more.
They will be thrilled as this winter has been a wash out and last winter was not much better either...
Unfortunately- Virginia is pretty good with snow removal, but nothing compared to MDOT. Usually it ties everything up for like a week.

Old 01-17-2016, 06:43 PM

3,925 posts, read 4,133,526 times
Quote:
Farmers Almanac has been predicting a serious coastal storm during this time period since last September.

Old 01-18-2016, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maineborzoi View Post
Most of our family lives in Northern Virginia area, and just checking the forecast- sure enough- looks like 12 " of snow plus a bit more.
They will be thrilled as this winter has been a wash out and last winter was not much better either...
Unfortunately- Virginia is pretty good with snow removal, but nothing compared to MDOT. Usually it ties everything up for like a week.
Now they're talking 2'+ for Philly, hyping this thing up big time. Personally, I think it's too far away yet but there is definitely going to be big snow somewhere along the east coast. We'll have a better idea in the coming days.

I hope Cambium chimes in on this soon! Let us know if he thinks Maine can eek some out of it!

Old 01-18-2016, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Now they're talking 2'+ for Philly, hyping this thing up big time. Personally, I think it's too far away yet but there is definitely going to be big snow somewhere along the east coast. We'll have a better idea in the coming days.

I hope Cambium chimes in on this soon! Let us know if he thinks Maine can eek some out of it!
Ahh, yes, the hype.. I started a thread on this storm days ago but just keep in mind details will never be known until a couple days out so whats the point in showing those 1-3 foot snow totals the models produced? Sure its Possible and hard to ignore, but gotta be professional about it.

As far as Maine... its going to come down to track for you guys. A shift of 50 miles south or north would mean something or nothing.. we'll know more Wednesday and to keep my sanity I probably will just post in the storm thread...and maybe a CT storm thread if I decide to make one since its home for me.

Fun Fun... and another one possible around the 28th!

https://www.city-data.com/forum/weath...ter-storm.html

Old 01-18-2016, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post

Fun Fun... and another one possible around the 28th!

https://www.city-data.com/forum/weath...ter-storm.html
Yes, I noticed that this morning!

I realize points south of us have been robbed this season so, in the spirit of generosity, I only want 16 or 18 inches and you folks can deal with the big dumpings!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine