Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2007, 06:22 PM

5,054 posts, read 12,432,992 times

Advertisements

We may have to crash in Bewitched's beautiful garage for a month or so........

Old 12-31-2007, 06:43 PM

7,395 posts, read 13,111,905 times
hey everyone....we got everything shoveled while DH was at work today....he loves coming home and having it done, it's a treat--and we worked our butts off to get it done. The girls and I did discover something though. You're not supposed to shovel snow into the street--of course--but, the girls and I are short, and the snowbanks at the end of the driveway are now taller than we are....the plow went by after we'd done a little quick once over, and we wanted to clear it away, but the banks were sooooo high. So, we decided that if snow happens to get in the street due to a snow fight, it's entirely different than shoveling that snow into the street We just used our shovels during the snow fight, and you know, the end of that driveway was cleared some awful fast (the best part, the plow came by an hour ago, heading up the street, so it didn't even fill in back in! )

Bewitched your home is beautiful! and El's right, so is the garage! lol...what a beautiful view you have!

Forest I laughed so hard about the doggie holes!

Old 12-31-2007, 06:53 PM

2,712 posts, read 5,659,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEnME View Post
We are in the right zone...we started our party at home...sleigh bells ring, are you listening, in the lane, snow is glistening...decided not to venture out. It's not a good night to be on the road...we have plenty of cheer and DH started with rum(can I write that on here?) and coke (cola that is) with the appetizers and I had a glass of wine. I forgot the Allen's but we have Carolanns Irish Creme...better than Bailey's. The bar is open if anyone wants to come over!
well as one who was always known for venturing out *carefully I should add* when the winter weather was at its worst -- and has not yet gotten stranded -- you can be sure I'll be taking you up if you make that offer next year. I like my rum with cranberry juice and I'll be glad to augment the supply...

Instead I am finishing up cleaning the office (could have used one of those snow shovels.... it was an avalanche zone BIG time... and anything more than a garden shovel is a rare bird here! LOL) so I can celebrate in a bit.

At least it's supposed to cool off (again) here in NC after tomorrow and believe it or not, the TV weather guesser used the "S-word" but I ain't holding my breath here at the coast...

Old 12-31-2007, 07:01 PM

612 posts, read 1,217,433 times
You have a standing invitation. Hope to be in Eastport next Christmas/New Year's Eve.

Old 12-31-2007, 08:39 PM

874 posts, read 1,857,241 times
More snow tomorrow. Fun stuff but send a good thought to my friend, her three kids, and my three oldest. She is driving them all up from NJ early tomorrow. I wouldn't mind if the snow held off until they are all safe home.

Old 12-31-2007, 09:06 PM

Gen hopefully they'll be out ahead of it I think it's supposed to start in the early evening here, and they're calling for 7-12"! The kids are all ready hoping for a Wednesday snow day! lol.... I'm supposed to have an ENT appt in Ellsworth on Wed (trying to *keep* my tonsils!), but it doesn't look like it will be good traveling, we'll see.....maybe I'll be shoveling instead! Hmmm.....shovel, tonsil consult, shovel, tonsil consult......yup, I'm going with the shoveling!!

Old 12-31-2007, 09:13 PM

Across the river they're all ready having their New Year! I don't think Jake is going to make it---he's an 8:30 bedtime kid usually!! lol.....I'm off to snuggle with him and see if we can keep each other awake!!

Happy New Year everyone!

Old 12-31-2007, 09:20 PM

612 posts, read 1,217,433 times
Happy New Year Everyone.

Old 01-01-2008, 12:00 AM

48,175 posts, read 22,026,263 times
I had a really sweet experience this evening while shopping at the supermarket. There was a young couple and a friend shopping with a tired little guy about 5 years old. I sorta noticed he was sheepishly glancing at me and his Mom said, "He's wondering if you are Santa Claus" I asked him if he thought I was Santa and with wide eyes he nodded. I said, "Well of course I am! But Christmas is over so I am on vacation. I really need to do some shopping." Then I asked him if he liked what I left him this year, he obviously did though I couldnt understand what I had left him that he liked the best. We chatted a bit about my reindeer and the carrots, being a good boy and helping Mommy all year so I could come again next year, he said he puts his toys in the toy box......and then I did one of my ho ho ho's that brought a look of wonder to his little face and then I was off down the aisle as fast as the jolly old elf went up the chimney! (This isnt the first time that I have been caught in my civies by a child who is sure I am St Nick. ) I love it each and every time!

Old 01-01-2008, 04:41 AM

12,083 posts, read 38,880,909 times
elston, that is such a nice story. I bet he is still talking about his meeting with Santa, with eyes that are sparkling with wonder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine