Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2007, 08:35 PM

5,054 posts, read 12,432,116 times

Advertisements

Well, M, I'm trying to help bump you over the 2000 rep mark, but I think they have us figure out! They just won't let me rep you!! What to do what to do????????

Old 11-18-2007, 09:29 PM

4,282 posts, read 15,754,629 times
Quote:
Then you have to catch a few Black Bears hockey games when you get here. They are a great team, and it is always a fabulous place to catch a game.

You catch many Black Bear games, Bydand?

I have some involvement with a Junior A team here in Ontario, (Wellington Dukes), and UM just gave a scholly to one our players, Glenn Belmore.

Old 11-19-2007, 05:11 AM

12,083 posts, read 38,878,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornerguy1 View Post
You catch many Black Bear games, Bydand?

I have some involvement with a Junior A team here in Ontario, (Wellington Dukes), and UM just gave a scholly to one our players, Glenn Belmore.
It's quite a drive from my place (3+ hours one way) but I still try to get down a couple of times a season.

Old 11-19-2007, 08:06 AM

7,395 posts, read 13,111,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcarim View Post
Well, M, I'm trying to help bump you over the 2000 rep mark, but I think they have us figure out! They just won't let me rep you!! What to do what to do????????
lol....I used to have the same problem....now I spread it around!

You are allowed to give out 15 reps per day (in a 24 hour period), but you have to put 20 reps between the time you rep someone, and then rep them again. For example, if I rep you first today (when my 24 hours are up), then hand out all 14 of my remaining rep points, I can rep you again tomorrow, but not until I've passed out 6 other reps. That puts 20 in between. If you only stay in one forum, it can be difficult to pass out all your rep points every day because of the 20 in between thing I like the games forum and community chat forums because it's laid back and controversial stuff rarely comes up. So for someone like me who isn't argumentive and is just doing this for fun, that's a great place to spend time when things are slow in the Maine forum. I have other forums I read--like hobbies and cooking, and I have forums I avoid--like politics and religion

Old 11-19-2007, 08:11 AM

1,325 posts, read 2,975,264 times
My 88 year old father joined the Fred Mitchell Post #11, American Legion in Eastport last summer. He wants an American Legion cap for Christmas. I can't seem to get ahold of anyone who knows how I can get one. I've called the number listed on the website, no answer. I've called the National Headquarters and they told me I have to talk with someone at the Easport post, I don't know anyone up there in the American Legion that can help me find a cap for him. I checked with the Eastport Chamber and they could only refer me to the phone number that no one answers. Anyone on this forum have any ideas or know anyone? It's all he wants for Christmas.

Old 11-19-2007, 08:31 AM

5,054 posts, read 12,432,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollysmiles View Post
lol....I used to have the same problem....now I spread it around!

You are allowed to give out 15 reps per day (in a 24 hour period), but you have to put 20 reps between the time you rep someone, and then rep them again. For example, if I rep you first today (when my 24 hours are up), then hand out all 14 of my remaining rep points, I can rep you again tomorrow, but not until I've passed out 6 other reps. That puts 20 in between. If you only stay in one forum, it can be difficult to pass out all your rep points every day because of the 20 in between thing I like the games forum and community chat forums because it's laid back and controversial stuff rarely comes up. So for someone like me who isn't argumentive and is just doing this for fun, that's a great place to spend time when things are slow in the Maine forum. I have other forums I read--like hobbies and cooking, and I have forums I avoid--like politics and religion

I didn't know there was another forum! I just want to hang out with you guys!!

Quick question - what's the best (affordable) hh GPS I could buy DH for Christmas? We're working on our Maine themed Christmas, and that's high on the list. I'm sure we'll need it, even when we're not geocaching, just to find our way around as much as we'll be exploring, so I think it will get pretty heavy usage. I want to make sure we get one that will last a long time without problems. And then there's the whole dropping it in the snow issue...... I'm sure it will happen more than once!

Old 11-19-2007, 08:34 AM

37,485 posts, read 61,459,729 times
Does the Eastport post have a phone number?
Ask for the quartermaster, he should be in everyday at a regular time. Find out what time he will be there.
Visit the quartermaster, with a checkbook in hand.
Do it soon as it takes a few weeks for them to arrive.

Old 11-19-2007, 08:49 AM

1,325 posts, read 2,975,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
Does the Eastport post have a phone number?
Ask for the quartermaster, he should be in everyday at a regular time. Find out what time he will be there.
Visit the quartermaster, with a checkbook in hand.
Do it soon as it takes a few weeks for them to arrive.
They have a phone number but no one answers, no answering machine and we're here in WV for the winter so I can't take a check to him, that's why I'm asking here.

Old 11-19-2007, 10:06 AM

Corgis, just sent you a DM

Old 11-19-2007, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcarim View Post
I didn't know there was another forum! I just want to hang out with you guys!!

Quick question - what's the best (affordable) hh GPS I could buy DH for Christmas? We're working on our Maine themed Christmas, and that's high on the list. I'm sure we'll need it, even when we're not geocaching, just to find our way around as much as we'll be exploring, so I think it will get pretty heavy usage. I want to make sure we get one that will last a long time without problems. And then there's the whole dropping it in the snow issue...... I'm sure it will happen more than once!
Garmin has one for a little over $100....it's a Garmin Etrex Legend, portable....look around for the best price. Once you get it you'll want to do some geocaching there--believe me it's hard to leave a place and wish you'd geocached while there! I have a Garmin Etrex....I love it, it's not hard to learn to use, and it takes some rough bumps and is waterproof. My best friend just bought a new one put out by DeLorme, I am sooooo jealous!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine