Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2014, 02:13 PM

1,424 posts, read 2,498,047 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallkitty00 View Post
I saw these listings:

https://www.redfin.com/CA/Cerritos/1...3/home/7467231

Is this in a good area? It is too close to the freeway?

https://www.redfin.com/CA/Cypress/42...0/home/3984110

This one in Cypress, looks like it is backing up to a 4 lane street.

Which one is better? I have an appointment to view them on saturday but I want to hear from you all to see what I need to consider.

Thank you :-)
They are both in a good area. Having to go just from the location (and not knowing the condition of the homes etc), I would go with the Cerritos home due to its prime location. You're like 5 mins from a Trader Joes! LOL Every Californian's dream come true. (haha I kid). Seriously though, the Cerritos location gives you quick access to the 91 (and 605), and near lots of great shopping, dining (especially Asian, yummy), great parks (Heritage Park is just around the corner...love that place!) and schools.

I grew up in North OC and know both Cerritos and Cypress very well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2014, 02:27 PM

55 posts, read 118,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RudyOD View Post
They are both in a good area. Having to go just from the location (and not knowing the condition of the homes etc), I would go with the Cerritos home due to its prime location. You're like 5 mins from a Trader Joes! LOL Every Californian's dream come true. (haha I kid). Seriously though, the Cerritos location gives you quick access to the 91 (and 605), and near lots of great shopping, dining (especially Asian, yummy), great parks (Heritage Park is just around the corner...love that place!) and schools.

I grew up in North OC and know both Cerritos and Cypress very well.
So it's not too close to the freeway? I have 2 small kids & work In Beverly Hills (husband works in Garden Grove) so I prefer Cerritos location too! Thanks.

Old 12-31-2014, 02:56 PM

1,424 posts, read 2,498,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smallkitty00 View Post
So it's not too close to the freeway? I have 2 small kids & work In Beverly Hills (husband works in Garden Grove) so I prefer Cerritos location too! Thanks.
I don't think so...plus that exit isn't heavily used. My biggest concern with being next to any freeway is air pollution. Would probably invest in a good air filter. From what you're saying though, I doubt that y'all would even be around the area when it is at its worst (morning and evening peak hours). Nonetheless, something to consider.

Overall, the Cerritos location offers a better quality of life imo.

Old 12-31-2014, 04:21 PM

55 posts, read 118,786 times
Quote:
I don't think so...plus that exit isn't heavily used. My biggest concern with being next to any freeway is air pollution. Would probably invest in a good air filter. From what you're saying though, I doubt that y'all would even be around the area when it is at its worst (morning and evening peak hours). Nonetheless, something to consider.

Overall, the Cerritos location offers a better quality of life imo.
Thank you so much!!! I work 3 days/week (7 am-730 pm) so I plan to leave at 530 am & hope to be back home by 830 pm. Air pollution is my concern too as my kids are 2.5 yo & 10 month old & we plan to stay here for a long time :-) I'm living closed to Trader Joe's now & love it so that's a plus.

Old 01-01-2015, 12:05 AM

384 posts, read 738,154 times
Quote:
My biggest concern with being next to any freeway is air pollution.
It makes no difference eventually it will reach your house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles